Sanguis Revamp

Comments

• With the new afflictions, is firstaid handling part of the acceptance criteria for the release of new skills?
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Mael said:

With the new afflictions, is firstaid handling part of the acceptance criteria for the release of new skills?

Absolutely. We'll keep it up to date with anything we release.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    KendriAshmerIshin
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I saw the word vampire in another thread and was like oh hey Sanguis revamps plz. Any updates on this?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• The changes are being tested and tweaked in preparation for a live release. You'll hear more about it (or be pleasantly surprised with a release) in due time.
    DraimanIshinDrahkuna
    Mage is fun but I really miss my ghast. How's this going? :(

Malok
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Frankly, I'm stuck in a place right now where it's sort of something interesting but it needs an extra step, and the last thing I want to do is Carnifex Revamps 2&3 all over again. Testers can probably corroborate.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Malok
  • If you have two skeletons, you can stand on each of their heads and wear them as shoes.
    Malok
  • Lim said:

If you have two skeletons, you can stand on each of their heads and wear them as shoes.

I enjoy this insight, corroboration, and improvement to the Sanguis skillset. I for one cannot wait for my new skeleton shoes. They will go along well with my sunglasses.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Erzsebet
  • LimLim
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, the weird place that Oleis was referencing is that the skeletons can themselves stand on two ghouls each.
  • Lim said:

Yeah, the weird place that Oleis was referencing is that the skeletons can themselves stand on two ghouls each.

So wait, I actually have ghoul shoes with skeleton socks? Sign me up.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • edited April 2015
    Maybe there could be a 'signature' attack/maneuver based on the vampire houses? Kind of a move or maneuver that sanguis specializes in depending upon you're personal house? That might be based upon something iconic or specializes in with a specific pet type, a personal mentis attack, or signature corpus maneuver? ((always wanted to see a way to fling someone in air an jump on top to body-surf them head first into the ground! dam+Stun)). In the idea of specializing in one aggressive house maybe has an pet type no-one has access to? Or maybe a unique mentis ability no-one else can use. Figured it might get those run-away vampires bit more excitement to get involved with dominion taking control, an houses getting the ability to make a choice in differing specializations decided by the leader of a house! It also separates the rogues from the housed vampires in a minor way without affecting blood lines/fighting styles beyond a iconic house ability.

Its always nice to have a simple thread that ties one to their house and how people see their vampire on the battlefield! Maybe one house is a swords and a stance for fighting all fancy? Another empowers mental abilities to be harder to cure? A third could choose to gain explosive entities if someone tries to kill off the vampires pet? I'd still love to see a perk when one of you're limbs gets cut off it can still fight on you're behalf!

Kinda like shape-shifters received based upon race, a nice unique ability (( <3 DEATH ROLL! ))
    Malok
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Well, now you're making me want to be able to request a bloodline-specific ability! (or flavor thing, or something)
    Malok
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited April 2015
    The reason that would be a bad idea would be inevitably one houses ability would be slightly better or more favorable and everyone would just join that house. Or at least all the PKers. So either you'd have to make the ability flavor mostly or find something PERFECTLY balanced which is pretty much impossible.
    RowenaErzsebet
    You could just change flavor message of annihilate or whatever the new finisher is to something different for each house! Rogues get one too or I dislike this idea. >.>

RowenaAulin
  • @Draiman and @Aishia you basically hit the nail on the head in truth, I figured it would just be flavoring/listed perks that can influence certain skills without changing anything IN sanguis revamp. Something people can pick and choose in each house that suits the revamp, an the individual sparkle butt vampire. An Aishia that iss why it could be something that is more pick and choose by head of a house. Mind you, just an idea for ties to WHY people should 'care' to be part of a house.
    Pypo said:

WHY people should 'care' to be part of a house.

They have their own etho's and morals and beliefs and stuff.

• teehee, morals. :P

SaritaRowena
  • I know it's only been about 2 1/2 weeks since @Oleis posted what he said about this topic, but I'd also like to poke for an update on the thing. As much as I've grown to love Hematurgy and my dabbling into Carnifex, I will always wish Sanguis was awesome and this update would be really neat to see. I want to stop using bardiches and scythes and go back to using my custom bastard sword! Or maybe frenzy, if its viable!
  • You'll hear more about it when we're satisfied with where the class stands after testing. There aren't really any further updates to be given until then.
    Obyn
  • I just read this. I see one complication with the sarcophagus talisman as everything is a preserved corpse, not whatever it was before it got put in. Just a heads up on that one.
  • edited April 2015
    I like that weapons wont be completely excluded and will still be used for supplementary afflictions, please keep in mind though that weaponry has been a part of Praenomen almost as long as the class has been in play so there are a large number of vampires heavily invested into skills and artifacts based around weaponry. I know this has been a sensitive issue in the past when other classes have been revamped as well. For example Infernals no longer dual wielded, Druids went from knuckles / strength to being Shamans and Teradrim... well I lost track of everything they've been through since the stone club days.
    Is this still a thing?

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    :)
  • Well, @Valdus said we'd hear about it eventually...when it was done. I'm starting to wonder too, though. I miss being able to justify using Sanguis. :(
  • Sit back and chill. It took 3+ years for the Carnifex to get their revamp. I would expect to wait somewhere near that time frame to get the revamp for Sanguis.

For the time being, enjoy being a Rituos Praenomen!
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

IshinDraiman
    Zsadist said:

Sit back and chill. It took 3+ years for the Carnifex to get their revamp.

Because one project took 3 years to complete I should be complacent and not ask questions about where it is until that same time has elapsed for the Sanguis revamp? That's when I should make inquiries? There is air tight logic all over that.

3 years should not be the standard for any type of revamp. It shouldn't be the standard for anything except making a new game.

Besides, I'm not flaming the volunteers or paid staff, I'm asking them a simple question.

IshinMalok
  • @Draiman Come back baby.
    Soon bb

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Draiman said:

Soon(tm) bb

Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Draiman said:

Is this still a thing?

It's still a thing, yep.
    Malok