Fun little bits of Lua. (mostly mudlet from me)

edited April 2015 in Tech Talk
Hi folks, I remember the old boards having something like a "fun little bits of script" thread. I'm sorry if there's already one here I am missing, but I don't see it.

Today I decided it might be fun if my clantells came in with hyperlinks I could click on to send the appropriate "clan switch x" command so I can freely use CLT to respond to what I want to without having to think about it. Here's how (hint: click the steps):

(Step one): Create a begin of line substring trigger

(Step two): Create another trigger object, this one will contain all of your clans' full names as substrings

(Step three): The code in the aforementioned step isn't optimized just yet, but it works! Modify as needed to fit your clan setup

(Step four): What it should look like

Feel free to message me if you want help trying it out or if you're bored and get around to optimizing it before I do :D
IsandeXenia

Comments

• Just wanted to drop a line to say I don't have any chat capture system or anything but the code still works like a charm.
    Thanks for sharing this!
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited April 2015
    Kaedok said:

(Step three): The code in the aforementioned step isn't optimized just yet, but it works! Modify as needed to fit your clan setup

Since clans are awesome and if you join a new clan, the 'number' will change at random.. it might be best to do

local clans = {
    ["dark"] = "The Dark Carnival",
    ["steel"] = "the Scripture of Steel",
    ["cca"] = "Carnifex Combat Academy",
    ["research"] = "Research",
    ["mt"] = "The Midnight Tournaments",
    ["ps"] = "Phantom Society",
    ["kll"] = "Kelsys Labs Ltd",
    ["dars"] = "House Dar'sroth"
    }

Instead of the numbers change it to the ALIAS when you do CLANS, so then you dont have to worry about switching them always, @
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Isande
  • Right on Nalor, didn't realise you could use the short name of the clan for that syntax. That's much easier