Kikon's System - Framework

Hi guys!

So it's Christmas and I feel in the mood to give a little something to any prospective system builders out there. I'm releasing the framework behind my system (written in Lua) for you to potentially use as a basis for building it into something bigger. While it won't run on it's own, any coder should be able to release the potential in reading over someone's work to help foster their own ideas in building a system.

Later on, when I've fleshed out my full system a bit more, I'll be releasing it for free to the public to use. I plan to have it as strong and stable as any of the best systems out there, with all the automated features needed so you can essentially walk away from your keyboard if need be!

I have placed my framework onto pastebin, so let me know what you think and if perhaps you want to see anything extra uploaded as well.
MoireanHavenEzalorTreydenDrahkuna

Comments

• This looks like a great resource for anyone looking to either expand their knowledge on Lua, how a system's logic is normally handled, or even start their own system (using a Lua enabled client). Pretty nice!
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

This is so great, and answers a question I've had recently about what we can give people who have just started work on their own systems. Rockin', Kikon!

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• So I haven't been playing terribly much lately, and I always wanted to release a publicly available system that anyone could pick up and use. The likely hood of me getting around to that is kind of minimal, but I would like to release the latest version of my systems framework - with bonus affliction tracking.

aetolia.lua
    afftracker.lua
    database.lua

I don't proclaim to be the world's best coder, but this should be great starting points for anyone wanting to build their own system/affliction tracker.

Enjoy!
    IshinMoirean
  • Thank you, Kikon
  • Slight thread necro, but I'm returning to the game and writing a new system. Your DB is saving me a bunch of time. Thank you, Kikon.