MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    At first I went HOW DARE YOU HATE HARRY POTTER SIR before realization set in.

That sucks :(. A university I did some work at had everyone use macs for part of that reason, they had a whole imaging lab where it just wiped each computer and then installed all of the software and drivers that were up to date in one go (adobe suit, etc).
  • Ugh, yet another assault charge being brought down on me.  There was a guy living in an RV around here last summer,  he was a convicted child molester and the US marshals were after him.  I see him following a (pretty large) group of kids that get off their school bus in a housing community up here that my nephew lives in.  So long story short I shatter his windshield and go to work sending the message along that it's best he leaves my Mountain.  They caught up with the guy a few months ago and are pursuing a slew of charges against him yet somehow they allow this pile of filth to press assault charges on ME.  The American judicial system is shot. 
  • Just say you were trying to prevent felony! And afraid for your life! Say he threatened to run you over and so you had to disable the vehicle!

pft. I got this lawyer binniz.
    AryanneErzsebetIshinPeriluna
  • Azzello said:

Ugh, yet another assault charge being brought down on me.  There was a guy living in an RV around here last summer,  he was a convicted child molester and the US marshals were after him.  I see him following a (pretty large) group of kids that get off their school bus in a housing community up here that my nephew lives in.  So long story short I shatter his windshield and go to work sending the message along that it's best he leaves my Mountain.  They caught up with the guy a few months ago and are pursuing a slew of charges against him yet somehow they allow this pile of filth to press assault charges on ME.  The American judicial system is shot. 

There is often some clause in the criminal code depending on state that allows for self-defense or defense of another party if a real threat is posed.

@Azzello You likely want to speak to someone who practices in your area, many law schools have programs that are pro-bono to help ensure that due process is followed and that the law is followed as intended.
    Ishin
  • I'm not worried about jail time or anything, probably going to end up with a year unsupervised probation again since he never really did anything. It's just frustrating that I have to go to court again, and that they even allow scumbags like that to even do this. I'm sorry, but if you prey on children and have been caught, convicted and sentenced for it, you lose your rights in my book.
    ZsadistIshin
  • Death to -all- pedophiles, mass murderers and rapists!!
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• @Aldric I got my picture with him, and got to watch him eat a BLT and drink a Rob Roy like a true creeper. And I was so excited I then day drank myself into oblivion. Mostly because my bff was at the bar at 11am waiting for me, and proceeded to drag her 30 pound 1970s kitchen aid a few blocks down the street to get signed. And when he signed it, he said, 'you know you can just take this one screw off and the lid pops off, and you could of just brought that?' and in her day drunken stupor she said, 'OH I KNOW.' Then when we got back to the bar she said 'I didn't even vomit on him, or have sex with him. I'm ashamed of myself.'

IshinAldric
  • edited March 2015
    Remove the comment so as not to derail the thread!
  • Been trying really hard not to post anything in the "MAD" category. It's a new thing I'm trying.
    Unfortunately, this month just sucks and needs to be over.
    First I lose my grandmother, then am witness to a robbery while returning her old prescriptions, then not even feeling any sort of excitement for my birthday, or trying very hard to avoid the daunting thought that she isn't going to be here for my wedding, and trying to comfort my sister who's on the other side of the country for school.
    I'm in a funk, a bad one and am seriously hoping that April will be SO much better.
  • I'm sorry @kaleigh. :(

If it helps I'm thinking positive things your waaaaay.

*scrunchy face, because thinking is so hard*
  • Well @Kaleigh, just got an entire bar to drink to your grandmum, keep your chin up, everything has to get better eventually.
  • Well @Kaleigh, just got an entire bar to drink to your grandmum, keep your chin up, everything has to get better eventually.
  • Currently trying to refinance most of my student debt to make my payments at least a little more manageable. The stress of how frustrating the process is becoming is really starting to get to me, to the point where I've begun grinding my teeth again after nearly a year of that not really having been a problem.
    Ishin
  • After having a line on my diagnose for RL years, it's gone. R.I.P. my 'feeling rather good' line on diagnose, you will be missed. :(
    You are:
    feeling rather good.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinAryanneTeani
  • Times I love my job: Almost always.

Times I hate my job: When I'm sitting at a Red Robin in not-Seattle because something out of my hands that was supposed to happen last week still hasn't happened, but should happen 'any time'. Waiting and waiting for what amounts to an hour or two of work (when it can actually be done), but it's keeping me from burning down the city with @trager and dkfhdjdkeidodksksksks.
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I'm just over here in Seattle. All alone. Waiting. Forever waiting...
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• I found my first grey hair yesterday...it's all down hill from here. :(
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    edited March 2015
    Azzello said:
    I found my first grey hair yesterday...it's all down hill from here. :(
    I started going grey when I was 18. May baldness spare me for many years.

I've been grinding my teeth every night for the past few weeks in my sleep. Haven't done this in months, so waking up to my jaw CLAMPED TIGHT LIKE A VICE before my early work shift is just agonizing.

• Hadrak said:

Azzello said:

I started going grey when I was 18. May baldness spare me for many years.

I've been grinding my teeth every night for the past few weeks in my sleep. Haven't done this in months, so waking up to my jaw CLAMPED TIGHT LIKE A VICE before my early work shift is just agonizing.

You can get nightguards for this for a decent price ($30 or less). That's what I use rather than pay a dentist $400+ to get a professional one made.
  • Obyn said:

Hadrak said:

Azzello said:

I started going grey when I was 18.
    I was 17! Beat that!

Yes, it is a contest!

• @Azzello work on being distinguished:)
    Trager[Deleted User]Periluna
  • My rage is being thought of as a fool and being lied to by who you thought was supposed to be your significant other. Nothing worse than being lied to and finding out the truth which then sends you into a blind rage and you feel nothing but anger and resentment towards them. -.-
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

DidiIshin
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Aryanne said:

Obyn said:

Hadrak said:

Azzello said:

I started going grey when I was 18.
    I was 17! Beat that!

Yes, it is a contest!
    14 here. Early greying runs in my family.

AryanneTrager
  • UGH, YOU GOOD-FOR-NOTHING LANISTERS!

I feel like this is both a love and a rage: I started marathoning Game of Thrones a few days ago - I'm half way through season one. While I love GoT, I absolutely hate the Lanisters and I have to mentally prepare myself for being very angry when I watch the show. I totally get political manipulation to suit mutual/self obsessed interests, I totally get kinky sex, I even understand being a bad parent and overlooking your children's faults but holy crap - what terrible people! They're entitled because they can be, they're ruthless because they take pleasure in it even when there are different means to achieve their ends, they're just...ugh.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    @Valenae : This may be a bit spoilery unless you've read the books, but you may like this:

http://38.media.tumblr.com/6789590a770a42ad76c29dec4a947da6/tumblr_n2lf73oCvv1qz581wo2_1280.gif
    AryanneObynValenaeSetne
  • Keep in mind that the Lannisters are, really, not supposed to be empathized with, with the exception of Tyrion. And maybe Jaime latter on. They're really a typical power-grabbing noble family. The history of the world is really in depth and, if you are willing to wade through the resources and risk spoilers, you can find some explanations for the reasons why Jaime, Cersei, and, most importantly, Tywin are the way they are.
    ValenaeNolaErzsebet
  • Well, I think Joffrey is definitely in the right place. :D

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Sarita
  • Hate whenever I talk to support for a game or streaming service, they always say the issue is my end, my setup is too slow. I have a 4ghz 8 core CPU, 32GB of Ballistix RAM, all SS drives, 100MPS Internet speed. Nothing in my home setup is remotely close to slow.
    DidiValenae
  • I don't even know what you just said. :(
    ValenaeSetne
  • ....the head on the clippers fell off when I was getting the back of my head, and I didn't notice until it was too late to fix it, just shaved everything on top off...my head feels really really cool now though.
    DidiAryanne