Daskalos

2»

Comments

• Dask is awesome and always has been, Mr. Artiwhore gallore! Either way I do like all the encounters I have had with him, though most have been of the aggressive nature, they were still interesting in the least
    imageimageimage
  • Dask has come a -long- way in terms of roleplay recently. I have to admit even I didn't know the guy could RP and made fun of him afterwards cause I was shocked. I've had a lot of fun building on the relationship he's had with Aren since I started playing. I'm pretty sure besides Rivas he's one of Aren's oldest friends.

I feel excited I made him into a RP whore (with some help).

Daskalos
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

It's true. Aren has ruined me.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• I dunno. I've always known Dask to RP, so I'm surprised to see this being called a change. And I've always been amazed at how organized and driven he is as a leader. As a character altogether he's always showed excellence in just about all endeavors. One of the few people that always seemed to have a firm handle on me in PK, which is fairly significant now that I think about it. I usually went back and forth with the best, but barring some issues with his system, I think he always came out on top. I think he just gets underestimated a lot because of his big head, tooting his own horn so much. ;)

I think maybe he still had a bit of Achaea smell on him early on, something that showed in the way he RPd, PKd and played altogether.

But for what it's worth, I've never known him to step out of line in any significant way, I've always known him to be consistent and competent. I think over time he's proven himself to be a very pure and significant asset to his city, never really causing trouble or turmoil while always delivering stable support.

Apparently he's chilled out now, so that pretty much takes care of the only flaw I perceived him to have.

Daskalos
  • Drana doesn't like him, obviusly :\ He's kind of immature, etc, etc, 
    He may get things done, but he makes himself out to be a poo face in the process.
    When they first met, she thought he was pretty cool. She kept mistelling directions to him because she'd 'Das <direction>' instead of 'Dash <direction>' which he took well. Then one day he got all bleh :\
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ladrana said:
    Drana doesn't like him, obviusly :\ He's kind of immature, etc, etc, 
    He may get things done, but he makes himself out to be a poo face in the process.
    When they first met, she thought he was pretty cool. She kept mistelling directions to him because she'd 'Das <direction>' instead of 'Dash <direction>' which he took well. Then one day he got all bleh :\
    You uhh... need to chill out.  [-(
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Daskalos
  • edited December 2012
    Haven said:
    Ladrana said:
    Drana doesn't like him, obviusly :\ He's kind of immature, etc, etc, 
    You uhh... need to chill out.  [-(
    No chilling out. The purpose of the thread is to give an opinion of the character, and I gave it?
    Daskalos
    What is this, one login gets banned and another surfaces?

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• The purpose of the thread is to give opinions. I'm not trolling, I gave my opinion on the character. That is all
    Daskalos
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Moving on.

Daskalos is a complete thorn in Haven's side. I absolutely LOVE how Daskalos isn't afraid to address the big elephant in the room, particularly in regards to Haven's actions. It's sweet having more and more people call Haven on his shit and actually face the music as opposed to being steamrolled over.I'm having trouble categorizing Daskalos and Haven's relationship though. Rivalry seems like the wrong word to use.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Ladrana

Yea, it's an odd one. So much of their lives are interconnected, and on some points they respect each other, but there are times they want to absolutely kill each other. Rivalry isn't really a good word, though it's definately there in some aspects. Dask sees a lot of himself in Haven and sees the mistakes Haven is making as ones Dask has made in the past, and his big thing is trying to teach Haven like he learned.

Also, Ladrana, you know it's impossible for me to troll in my own thread, right? Just a thought...

Ladrana
  • I'm really kinda bummed out in what's happened with Aldric and Daskalos' relationship. Back when he was younger and in Enorian, Aldric used to look up to Dask as one of his biggest role-models. They interacted often, although briefly.

It's pretty obvious that Aldric hates Enorian, but Daskalos being one of the Heralds was one of the last remaining things giving him some hope for the place, until he had the discussion with Dask about removing the enemy status. It was kinda like the relationship they had before was nonexistent, the context of the conversation purely business-like. (Though I understand why)

I absolutely loved our interactions, here's to hoping we can maybe get some more going again in the future that wouldn't be in a sort of 'frienemy' context.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Obviously Milvushina and Daskalos have never interacted other than her doing a bit of running from combat (I have zero combat skills and Dask is pretty scary!). But during my time playing Shota, I thought Daskalos was an excellent and resourceful leader and I have mad respect for him.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Dask is awesome. He, Macian, and Aren really helped Solaria develop and adjust to a non-Bloodlochian life. It's a shame the RP turned out as it did for Sol, otherwise I would have loved to stay there and interact with Dask more. He's a strong leader that knows how to get things done and actually does all he can -to- get them done. Not just a lot of talk, but definitely lots of action.

It's been awhile... thoughts? (waits for the trolls)

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I hate to be a jerk, but I really wish I could see some material come out of Daskalos that wasn't (a) I was slighted by someone and want to make their life difficult for a while, (b) I'm defending this place/concept/item that is very important to me, or (c) I'm going to beat up a city/guild/whatever because a related person has showed me cheek.

I'm not saying you're not roleplaying, I know you are and that's an unfair thing to insist. But you could branch out a little. Surely you get tired of the warmongering sooner or later?
    The funny thing is, this is the first warmongering Dask has done in a while. He's started a family, had a daughter, made several new friends, and generally not participated in combat outside of organized events\leylines. He has more or less retired from city politics, though he does get involved when he feels he should speak up, but Daskalos today is radically different, at least to those that know him, from how he once was. I'm just not the type to paste RP logs (nor am I the type to typically log anything, period).

• I know Rhine told Dask this IG, but thought I'd share a bit more with you here.

Rhine absolutely hated Dask when she first met him. Mostly because she adores her father, and Dask and Xavin don't always get along. Lately is a different story. Not sure when it happened, but Rhine has come to respect him and care about him quite a bit. She was shocked and thrilled that he took the time to show her a bit more about Trade and the little bit of RP we've done has helped me realise you are not -just- an artiwhore. 

My only criticism is this: Sometimes it's almost as if you get stuck in a rut with the way you emote. Always using the EM ("Blah blah blah,") says and then does this action - can be a bit awkward to read at times and doesn't always flow well. I notice that while you start off that way, you generally become more relaxed and it flows better after a while. 

Also. Duckie. Always Duckie.

Quack 
    Yea, I'm not overly thrilled with my emoting and I do a few things as a crutch that bug me, so I tend to play off what the other people around me are doing, hence why initially it starts out so rough. Thanks!

• I really wish we could get more RPs going. Lately, it seems that everytime I have some free time when Dask is around something manages to come up. Out of the few times we have gotten to RP I have thoroughly enjoyed it. He is one of the few people that Lia looks up to and she counts him as a friend even though they don't talk much. I feel as though they're walking a fine line with their friendship. They interact just enough to stay in each others lives but not nearly enough to be considered good friends. So there are some things that he does that she just didn't see coming, at all. I love to watch how that dynamic plays out in her life and how it changes how she sees him.

All in all, love the RP. Need more. I haven't RPed enough with you to really have any criticisms at this point.
    Just send Dask a tell. I know he's hard to find with the artifacts, but 90% of the time I'm just goofing off with Aren or idling while playing xbox. Dask adores Lia.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Moi used to hero-worship Dask. When Moi first learned the shatter skill, Daskalos gave her Moi's first mace, and that memory's stuck with me. I like shatter.

I think they work better as enemies; their personalities clash too much to really work together well outside of a team combat capacity (though we had some good fights we dominated when I was back in Enorian). I think they've reached a tentatively ok point lately where they can contact each other about problem people/situations between their orgs, which is progress! I try to make an effort to support org stuff he does on the OOC level, since I recognize that he tries hard to do stuff for others, while still being IC about it (eg when Dask shouts about new Luminaries being Luminarized, I try to shout back something that's not rude and is somewhat supportive, while still being Carnifesque).

He's one of the few people Moi uses the incline emote to (versus nod), so that's something.

And Moi taught Xiuhcoatl about shatter...

You mean this is MY fault?!

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Most things are.
    IosyneRhine
    It's been 6 months or so since I last bumped this, and things have changed with Dask, as he's taken on responsibility once more and has been working at stuff in Enorian. 

Thoughts?

• He might be important to Rhine. Maybe.
    Daskalos
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Daskalos is a hammer and handles enemies as such. I actually enjoy that because it keeps Jensen on his toes. No idea how he is from an enorianite stand point, but it's cool to have an enemy to gauge yourself too. Also props for actually being a zealous character. One of these days imma gonna kill ya though ;)
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

Love to hate you. You do a good job presenting the hard face of the Light as far as the actual roleplay is concerned, and I'm very very happy to see a real character come out. Makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Now fight me, bb.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine