The Elders Scrolls Online

Annnnyyyyyyybbbbboooodddddddyyyyyyyy playing? I'm only like, level 5, but I'm finding it enjoyable/frustrating enough to keep playing.
"You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Turning great single player RPGs into MMOs kills a part of me each time it happens.  RIP KOTOR, Elder Scrolls, and Final Fantasy.... I miss you guys
    Ishin
  • ^ I agree with our friendly neighborhood generic accountant.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I was a beta tester for it. The concept is great and it will be very popular I am sure.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• It's been real, Aetolia.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Please, Rashar. You barely have enough connection for a MUD on the side of your mountain.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

IshinSlypheAldric
  • Ok, you win.

Aetolia gets me for a couple more weeks, and but then I swear I'm hanging up.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I beta tested on ESO and didn't find it incredibly engaging. The Elder Scrolls universe has and always will be a single-player genre due to the immersion. It's hard to be immersed when you have some Khajiit named Bangedurmom69 spewing vulgar obscenities on Chat.
    Benedicto
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I wouldn't mind coop added to the game, but no on the mmo
    Ishin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    So, I'm on it (level 14 woo), and I've really enjoyed aspects of the game, though there are a lot of areas for improvement, and there are still quite a few bugs. I think it has potential to be more immersive if you make an effort to cluster yourself within a guild of like-minded people, but without actual policing of names/conduct, there's no way an MMO will ever be as immersive as the single player alternative. 
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    When I get home I'll post my ID if anyone who is playing wants to group up and play together or anything.

• I've been hearing good things. If I had decent internet I'd be all over it.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Toz said:
    ^ I agree with our friendly neighborhood generic accountant.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

edited March 2015
    I AM BUMPING THIS THREAD.

As we are getting a group together for this (and I am 71% done with my re-download), let's get this on!

ESO is now a one-fee game like GW2, in that you pay the purchase fee and don't have recurring monthly fees.

The Alliances
    Aldmeri Dominion: Altmer, Bosmer, Khajiit
    Daggerfall Covenant: Orc, Redguard, Breton
    Ebonheart Pact: Dunmer, Nord, Argonian
    Free range: Imperial

We will be starting up an Aetolian guild. So far the majority vote is to play in Ebonheart Pact, though if there's existing people in other Alliances, I'm sure we can make something work. My existing main is in Daggerfall, though I'll be rolling a fresh derp (or 9) for this.

So far we have 4.5 people on board, possibly expanding to 7. Don't ask about the math.

Edit: Looking into the particulars, but some accounts can play any race in any Alliance. May just be people who preordered/the new paid-plus-option. Finding out the deets.
    KendriDraiman
  • I'm still at 1%. *Cries*

Also the math makes perfect sense.
    Areka
  • I played at launch like many, and my main character which I got to level 50 before quitting was a Dunmer Nightblade. So, I'm willing to play around sometime if you guys will have me. The character is also a Vampire, in case anyone wants to do that route, I can help them with that too.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Areka
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    @Areka any race/any alliance combo is only doable if you pre-ordered, but the Imperial race (if you have the Imperial edition) can play as any faction.

Areka
    What do you guys want the guild to be called? The only two things that come to mind at the moment are:
    "The Midnight Age"
    or
    "The Oleisbian Brigade"
    Kendri
  • Oooohh. I like both of those. Unhelpful, I know.

Although The Oleisbian Brigade. I keep saying 'The Oh-leisbian Brigade' in my head, so maybe not that one.
  • I kinda like The Midnight Brigade, actually. I also might try to play when I can afford it!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

KendriIshin
    edited March 2015
    The Midnight Brigade it is. My tag is @Raillery there, if anyone needs to hit me up!

Edit: Also, if you're new, there's some really great UI downloads you can get that make the game a lot easier. - http://www.esoui.com/addons.php

For map coordinates and finding things: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/cat24.html
    I would recommend all of the 'most downloaded' ones

For inventory management and banks: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/cat20.html
    again the most downloaded ones.

http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info192-AwesomeInfo.html And this one's pretty useful.

EDIT EDIT: Since your Lua can easily get overwhelmed with stuff for UI, the ones I would most definitely recommend are:
    Skyshards and lorebooks for the map, Awesome Info, and the quickslots one (adds another bar you can use).
    KendriDraiman
    OK FOLKS. We need at least 10 people so we can use the guild bank.

So far we have: Me, Kendri, Draiman, Vorlus, Malok, Serrice, Aithene, and possibly a Mael but you can never be sure about him. That means we need at least 3 more people. If you used to play but aren't interested, come join the guild anyway so we can use you for a slot because we'll take what we can get.
    DraimanKendri
  • Debating. depending on if WoW burns me out in the next week before sub needs renewed,

Areka
  • Been having a lot of fun. I rolled a sorcerer with the idea of being a battlemage. Heavy armour, giant 2-handed weapon. Wheee.
    Areka
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    The soundtrack to this game is amazing. I could just sit at the main menu for a very long time.

Areka
  • If only to afford games....
  • Imperial or standard? 59.99 or 79.99 worth the 20 upgrade?

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    You'll probably just stop playing in a month or two when we all lose interest anyways (because come on, it's gonna happen), so just get the standard version.

• Well did play wow for 9 years on and off. Lorto, Dc Universe..

Imperial's nice because all of your characters get a horse which otherwise cost 10k gold which is a lot of money IG, as well as getting to play imperial race regardless of faction.

But what do I know, I preordered.

Awr Lotro <3.
  • people are paying 80 dollars for this?! I cant even cover 60 :(