Aldric Adariel

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to hop onto the new self-aff bandwagon. Shower me with praise.
Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.

Comments

• Aldric is interesting, even as little as we have actually managed to interact. My one complaint, and this is just from the last few days, is that you always seem to be in a haven when I think 'I wonder if I could just bust in on Aldric for some rp'.

Needs moar.

• Xavin said:
    Aldric is interesting, even as little as we have actually managed to interact. My one complaint, and this is just from the last few days, is that you always seem to be in a haven when I think 'I wonder if I could just bust in on Aldric for some rp'.

Needs moar.

I've admittedly been really bad with the whole haven thing, but I think it's in part due to the novelty of it having not worn off yet since I've only had it for a month or so.

I'll work on more visibility!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Drana's only had one interaction with Aldric and it ended with her being bashed over the head with a fancy stick >.>

That being said, she really doesn't know him too well. She usually avoids him after that incident, especially now that she's undead.
    Aldric
  • All of your side-switching has Erzsebet a little wary of dealing with you. Not because she really cares what side of the fence you're sitting on, but because she has this mentality that basically says, 'If Joe is a luminary, he's a luminary and that's fine." But with Aldric's switching about, she gets a sense of him not knowing what he wants--which confuses her greatly. This is part of why she keeps offering you a place in Ve'kahi. Wants the time and proximity necessary to puzzle him out, so-to-speak. She generally likes him personality-wise (and I luff RPing with you, even if I don't always know what's going on) and hopefully we'll get to RP s'more in the near future.
    imageimage
  • Gonna give this a little bump. It's been quite a while, and things have been pretty consistent for the most part for a while now. I know I don't get to log in as much as I'd like, but I'm open for any suggestions/critique/comments! 

Even if you haven't interacted with the character, but have read any logs I've posted, I'd welcome critique in regards to the way the character is portrayed/my own emotes too.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Aldric said:
    things have been pretty consistent for the most part for a while now
    I like how many qualifiers you're forced to give that.
    Emelle
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I love Aldric. Another one of my favorite Aetolians. The character is gruff and interesting - there's a depth to him. He's not a stereotypical brute, though he is fairly straightforward and focused on what he wants, and he's often very clear and direct about that - I find that portrayal in itself to be refreshing and somewhat unique. His decision to worship Iosyne has darkened and toughened him up in a good way - last I saw him, he was a burly, good natured, foul-mouthed chap who liked to brawl kinda like a normal-sized Gimli - but now there's a purpose and a darker spin on it, which I love. The haven's great and really highlights this new motivation and outlook.

Obviously, he's got thoughts going on, and you do a great job of conveying those through - I like to call them - clue emotes. His facial features, voice inflection or body posture indicate what his character is thinking, instead of the emotes just saying he's angry or sad, and they are written clearly and concisely so it's not a burden to discern what his character is feeling - but there is realistic room for confusion of intent, which I love. Whenever I RP with him, I always go oh, yeah, stop being lazy Moi, and try to incorporate more of that myself.

He's a rich, full character and he's well crafted. He may not have tons of plots or schemes or secrets and hidden backstory - instead, I see him as kinda the opposite of that, and intentionally so (I think?). He is who he is, and he doesn't pretend otherwise. He's played very well, and I love interacting with him. Makes me play at my A game. 

Moi considers him very close because she knows pretty much what she's getting when she deals with him and she likes what that is. He's never judged her or condemned her or tried to change or chastise her, and his treatment has really never changed no matter what side she is on,  which puts him on a very small list of people she considers true friends. She probably goes a bit soft on him (like with some of the Purging stuff), but oh well. She knows he's old and smart enough to see things for how they are - and he's known her long enough that she doubts he falls for the scary Commander image like the others do.

On an OOC level, I love your enthusiasm and excitement. As an org leader, that kind of stuff is what motivates me to do more and keep trying to improve things. Players like him are what make guilds fun to lead. :)

Tl;dr - <3, login more, everyone should find you for RP.

• Gonna bamp this, I've been logging in a good bit more and trying to throw my name around a bit. ..And I haven't guildhopped yet!
    edited June 2013
    Still <3 you. Would puke on again.

I like how much interaction we're getting with the recent Order stuff and I'm loving you as a citymate, though I wish Niuri and you would sync up so we can actually have you LISTED as the Cardinal. As always, your emotes are wonderful and I just have so much FUN with you. Moi and Aldric's dynamic is a very interesting one right now - she's being rather honest with him, which means he gets the crazy impulsive happy stuff like the date night attempt, as well as the bitchy, unfiltered snapping. If he doesn't get driven off by it, I'm really excited to see how things will continue to evolve, like her declaration of him as godfather (assuming there is no babysnatching :( ).
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Liked what roleplay I had with him, even the part where he puked in the bath chamber. Just wished there was more of it before we both keep getting swept away by other stuff.
  • Wellp, it's been quite a while, and I've made a triumphant(?) return! Gimme some feedback ladies and gents so I can step up my game!
  • RP with me more. :<

Was glad to see the bit I did get to see of you, even if I -was- following someone who kept bolting off to check the Gaes area. >.>

Liked the Spider entry. Cute. ^.^
    imageimage
    AldricAshmer
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    It was fun briefly interacting with you during the free-for-all yesterday. Aldric's one of those characters that's such a pleasure to interact with because he oozes character. Seen some cool shit in passing, too, and I'm looking forward to more.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Erzsebet
  • Aldric I think you're great! I like our small run-ins of interaction and though they're not necessary in depth RP scenes, there's a fluidity between the interactions and a genuine progression between Xen and Aldric's friendship. The last time you were around, Xenia was still very much a young knight in the Carnifex with little experiences and unsure of herself in a lot of ways. I still remember Aldric's test for her when she was to be admitted into Iosyne's order, having to fight Aldric and navigate realizing that peerage didn't mean anything.

Aldric, you're consistent, easy to RP with and feed off of in a scene. Keep it up.

edited January 2015
    Aldric is basically moi's best friend. Really he's her only real friend and the only person right now with Toz gone that she feels safe being semi-honest with, akin to the friendships she used to have with Edhain and Hadoryu.

I don't really RP much of late but our fleeting interactions are still great - even if we only share a few lines they are potent and beautiful. 

I'm excited to see you diving back in with city and guild stuff. You have great energy and a knack for creating fun events and activities. Definitely enjoying your presence in the leadership.