LOVE

Comments

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Yes.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    They're so happy, and the whole thing is super cheerful. Definitely a spirit lifter
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I don't think I've had an anime/manga experience (outside of studio ghibli) that didn't make me scratch my head and go 'wth'.

Though, maybe I just associate everything with 100% strawberry and the other bs that was in the book store I worked at in college.
    Teani
  • That's a shame! Attack on Titan is one of the rarer exceptions, to me. The amount of feels...

And then there's always Wolf's Rain that's at the top if the list
    Hahah ohhhhh man. Wolf's Rain. That was so bleak.

Nola
  • One of the only I've cried over
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Dragon Ball Z is best anime (I don't read manga's). Anyone who disagrees will get beat up by Vegeta.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Haven
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Love when new Attack of Titan chapters come out, though hate the month waiting.
    Azzello said:

Setne said:

Love when new Attack of Titan chapters come out, though hate the month waiting.

Are you talking about the manga or the anime? I can't wait until more episodes of the anime come out.
    Manga.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Draiman said:

Dragon Ball Z is best anime (I don't read manga's). Anyone who disagrees will get beat up by Vegeta.

Will get to beat Vegeta to almost dead, then get beat up by Vegeta in 4 episodes*

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Draiman
  • edited March 2015
    Draiman said:

Dragon Ball ZDragon Ball Kai is best anime (I don't read manga's). Anyone who disagrees will get beat up by Vegeta.

Had to fix that for ya.
    They got rid of the American music, which I liked far better than the Japanese music.

Draiman
    Draiman said:

I'm still waiting for Goku to launch that spirit bomb. Any day now...
    HavenSetneToz
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    Ironically, Dragon Ball was a manga first, and works much better in that format. The biggest and most common complaint, its pacing, disappears when you read it. When the anime draws out a scene for 10 minutes, that same scene in the comic usually lasted a page or two at most.
    AzzelloHadrak
  • @Areka it is, yes.
  • Carivah said:
    Ironically, Dragon Ball was a manga first, and works much better in that format. The biggest and most common complaint, its pacing, disappears when you read it. When the anime draws out a scene for 10 minutes, that same scene in the comic usually lasted a page or two at most.

Anime is no different than movies, the book is ALWAYS better.
    CarivahIshin
    Azzello said:

Carivah said:

Anime is no different than movies, the book is ALWAYS better.

I don't always find that to be the case

We need a manga/anime thread. But man, one manga that really got shafted in the conversion to anime was Shaman King, at least in the Americanized version. The manga was all sorts of badass, while the anime just sucked so hard.

Ingram said:
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    edited March 2015
    Hey, this latest chapter actually looks like it's trying to resolve one of the major arcs. Still, gieb more titans. I want my babes back.

• edited March 2015
    Andrew Luck throwing to Andre Johnson?

Waat.

Frank Gore in the backfield?

Waaat.

Gon' be a good year.
    Draiman
    Setne said:

But man, one manga that really got shafted [. . .] was Shaman King

*cries*

What a good comic. I suppose I should just be grateful it lasted as long as it did, but the editorial shafting it got from Weekly Shonen Jump for not being popular enough will forever make me sad.
    Irae
    Carivah said:

Setne said:

But man, one manga that really got shafted [. . .] was Shaman King

*cries*

What a good comic. I suppose I should just be grateful it lasted as long as it did, but the editorial shafting it got from Weekly Shonen Jump for not being popular enough will forever make me sad.
    I read it like, 5 or so summers ago, after getting volume 7 from a friend, and I spent all my time, in a hotbox of a room just to read it.

Ingram said:
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Absolutely having a blast at the Collie club of America Nationals this year. So very proud of my little girl. After not being shown for two years, she walked into the ring and took first place in her class over 18 really -really- nice dogs.

RasharObynKaleighMarienaNolaHaven
  • This is a sad / love for my family and friends posting. 
    My grandmother had passed away last week. The funeral was yesterday. We're all okay now (For the most part). 
    My mom keeps saying how I've helped her out so much through all of this. Even though it still really sucks. 
    My amazing fiance and my best friend came to the funeral for support. 
    One thing I learned through talking with my grandmother's friends and our family was to keep your chin up, live and laugh as much as you possibly can. Life sucks, and if it weren't for those around you, it would suck even more. 

Ishin
  • Sitting outside the shop after a long day drinking a beer and listening to the frogs croak, gotta love the little things.
    IshinDraiman
    @Alexina just showed me OINK. I'm very excited about it now.
    Alexina
  • Do I wanna know? By Artic Monkeys.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Setne
  • I love that I chose not to go out and get white girl wasted last night, thus resulting in waking up at 6:30am. Got a run in and the barn work done by 10 (CLEANED THE BARN IN SHORTS AND MUD BOOTS, AW YEAH). Now I get to enjoy this beautiful Spring day riding horses wahoo!
    IshinNolaEmelle
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Asaraii said:

I love that I chose not to go out and get white girl wasted last night, thus resulting in waking up at 6:30am. Got a run in and the barn work done by 10 (CLEANED THE BARN IN SHORTS AND MUD BOOTS, AW YEAH). Now I get to enjoy this beautiful Spring day riding horses wahoo!

AND GOING FOR A RIDE ON YOUR BIKE SOON.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Fuck you guys I'm working outside in the rain. Though I get to see @eugenides and toss back a few pints later
    Haven
  • @ishin Registering motorcycle Monday baby!!!!!!!! Apparently, Illinois doesn't require you to get your bike inspected. In New York, my bike was incredibly illegal. Hee heee. Only good thing about this state maybe?!