Dragon Age: Inquisition

13»

Comments

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Draiman: Haha, I just unlocked the Knight-Enchanter specialization. Looks pretty neat so far...only have the first skill in it though. Trying to kill this electric dragon in the storm coast and it's whooping my ass. xD Thankfully Cassandra can never die. Guard OP!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Is there a way to craft life steal weapons? I'd like to give the ability to my entire team >_>
    havenbanner2
    Azzello said:

So is this game pretty much a button masher like WoW and Elder Scrolls and all that? Thought about picking it up, but I really like a game with more skillful combat, like Dark Souls.

Yeah, pretty much what Draiman said. Position yourself and cast/slash away. Learn what combos are effective against which type of enemy, etc. It's not overly complicated truthfully. I play more for the story though, I feel like the first game brought more of a challenge strategy wise? But I do still like the combat style for this game.
    havenbanner2
    Ishin
  • I'm REALLY picky about games like these. WoW PvE wise was more about just running the best route in your skills to get the best (insert your type)PS. I really liked how Dark Souls forced you to be smart, parry, use the proper combination of strong and weak attacks and all that, I also loved how each fight was for your life because pretty much everything could rock you if you messed up.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    There's a decent scale of difficulty, especially depending on your mode. From what you describe, it isn't as complex as Dark Souls, though it also isn't WoW either. More of a middle ground with a tactical menu.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Azzello said:

I'm REALLY picky about games like these. WoW PvE wise was more about just running the best route in your skills to get the best (insert your type)PS. I really liked how Dark Souls forced you to be smart, parry, use the proper combination of strong and weak attacks and all that, I also loved how each fight was for your life because pretty much everything could rock you if you messed up.

Ehhhh not to derail here, but what you're doing in Dark Souls is exactly what we do in WoW. You're running through your best route in the --current situation-- for maximum dps --or survival--. At least at the higher end of raiding. Rotations are more or less static in that a does more damage than b, but on movement fights, fights with adds, fights with strange mechanics, etc, your rotation changed during each. Just how like in Dark Souls you need to parry here or do this there, it's the same thing when you think about it.

Back on topic: At nightmare difficulty, you're managing 4 different characters in a kind of real time setting and all of their individual cool downs and positioning. Even staying unpaused too long and not using that time to reposition or cc mobs correctly means you're going to get creamed. It's a fun game that you can play casually or on a pretty hardcore level.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Drak Suls 1: Drake and Josh's Revenge
    Dr4k Sawls 2: Swing x2->roll, receive boss soul

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."