Classist Fantasies

Comments

• Jensen said:

Before or after snugglefest droodles?

I think the combo Draiman's referring to was snuggle -> snuggle -> annihilate.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    They must have emoted midfight to a bloodlochian gank squad. That always makes them leave the computer to shower the RP off
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    There's really no before or after in that situation.
    Draiman
  • (I believe the druid referenced may be our dear glorious leader Producer @Razmael)
    SatomiDraimanSakylAldricEmelleSeir
  • Plato has been slain by the might of (GLORIOUS PRODUCER).
    An agonized scream startles all into a brief hushed silence as (IRON CHEF PRODUCER) finally transcends the mortal body, assuming the hollow form of a Tekal.
    Zhukov has been slain by the might of (THAT LONG-HAIRED PRODUCER OF OURS).
    Ninnanna has been slain by the might of (DEFINITELY NOT AFRAID OF WOMEN PRODUCER).
    Sagla has been slain by the might of (THE PRODUCER WHO HAS AT LEAST 8 PEOPLE PROOF-READ A POST AND STILL TYPOS).
    Rawyn has been slain by the might of (HIS GLORY, RAZMAEL).

I found it!

Yes indeed, our Glorious Producer not only managed to get Tekal as a Druid, but through a PENTAKIIIILLL!!!!, AND by killing Plato.

Name redacted and justifiably replaced just because, y'know, there might still be folks that don't know. Maybe. Possibly.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    SakylIshinEmelle
  • I feel like the fact that the entirety of the pools can proof a post for him and there are still typos is more a testament to some sort of failure in the pools than it is to his ability though <_<
    Malok
    Or he's skilled at wrongly making things look correct
  • Cultist (Current aetolian version) would be my classist fantasy. It just sounds awesome.

* Beastlore, which sounds like a version of lycanthropy, but with seven different shapes.

* Cerberi, sortof like Warhounds from the Carnifex

* Idolatry, a version of Domination.

I wish we could make this happen, cause it really sounds awesome and the Lore is still there, with descriptions of the skillsets.

MalokPypoAngwe
  • edited March 2015
    My personal fantasy would be to see a Transmuter--transition of one form into the next form:

Mix of a healer, mutation addict, with use of of arcane magical devices

Their key abilities is being able to mend and break bones, iconically mending living and dead equally. Breaking and mending corrupt flesh and Induce greater effects in the organs of a person's body for good or for worse.((For example, you been drinking, someone induces you're liver for the worse, making the alcohol affect you're system longer, and harder to get rid off the side-effects)) Partial stone-flesh for e/b protection, and Bioluminescense that can make even the most sneaky thief glow in the dark. The ability to exploit certain regenerative limbs and organs of the body, like growing bone-wings, bone exoskeleton, and blood-boils ((using vampire blood pool)) which react to being hit to heal you some. An towards the end of the totem pole, they can even effect up to five people with massively imbued arcane effects. Ether-induced effects which can break a body apart limb by limb as they disintegrate. Unlike other classes, they form a 'link' to imbue effects into their enemies imbuing a constant stream of energy even if they run out of the room continues this link which can use to send effects into others.

While their second skill would be alchemy. Art of using minerals to create all kinds of new things, some thrown, some quaffed for their own perks and side-effects ((change something internally about the alchemist)), others applies to their armour/weaps to provide elemental reactions to their arcane abilities. ((sword imbued with elemental fire will sometimes blast their enemies with a jet of heated flames created by the arcane ether released by the swords reaction to flesh))

Third skill set is combination of electrical engineering and magi-tekno doo-hickies. Final Fantasy 6 is basically the back-round theme here. Combination of elemental steam-technology, devices for rapid heating and cooling of air and water. Earthen constructs and fire projectiles Combining each of the elemental arts which used to create offensive devices, defensive modules, barriers of lightning-fueled batteries protecting areas to make life easier even for towns with new technology shared with the lands that can be used by individual cities
    Keroc
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    I've always wanted to make a class that uses psionics. Who wants a class with psionics? I do!
    [Deleted User]AldricMalokIllikaal
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Isn't that what mentis is!?
    Bards tho amirite.
    [Deleted User]Xenia
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Aishia said:

Bards tho amirite.

Sort of. You could consider Mentis a subset of psionics. In my mind, psionics in Aetolia would sort of be like an amalgamation of superhero powers. Hyperkinesis, teleportation, minor telepathy (like a spider-sense), magical deflection, maybe flight. Things like that.
    [Deleted User]Emelle
  • Yes please.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    Aren't Monks psionic?
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Keroc said:

Aishia said:

Bards tho amirite.

Sort of. You could consider Mentis a subset of psionics. In my mind, psionics in Aetolia would sort of be like an amalgamation of superhero powers. Hyperkinesis, teleportation, minor telepathy (like a spider-sense), magical deflection, maybe flight. Things like that.
    INSTANT TRANSMISSION?!
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Periluna
    Keroc said:

Aishia said:

Bards tho amirite.

I could picture Syssin being transformed or revamped into this where they shield their presence from people's senses, afflict via the mind, and (just to suit my own tastes) use katanas. I picture it as ghosts from Starcraft 1 minus nukes and sniper rifles, or the sith assassins from KOTOR 2
    Ishin
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Can I have Warhammer 40k Pyskers? Thanks.

Sorry for the daemons that explode out your anus that second you bungle up and stare deep into the Warp.

PypoCarivahRiluo
  • edited March 2015
    @Hadrak the future bloodborn ritual failure message:

As you prepare the ritual, something is immediately wrong in the atmosphere. A sudden pressure builds into a tight buldge in you're posterior, you quickly grip you're rear in a panic and find a safe place nearby to cop a squat. Demonic spiders begin squirming out of you're posterior to much pain and pleasure as they immediately begin eating you from inside out, infecting you with daemonic poisons, dissolving flesh from the bones numbing you're senses as you are quickly dissolved and eaten by the spiders.

Closest can get to warhammer 40k! I've been wanting to see a chaos soldier design for AGES in a mud....Nuttin like turning you're left hand into a enormous wad of flesh to smash into others! I miss warhammer 40k mmo sometimes....
    Riluo
  • The Bastard
    -----------
    Class skills: Carousing, Charismatics, Brawling
    Class Aesthetics: The Bastard is a neutral class with no inherent alignment. From all walks of life, from all cities and towns, the Bastard is a rogue who answers to none and serves only themselves. Not a path for one with scruples or a sense of shame, it takes equal parts quick wits and raw charisma to be a successful Bastard.

(I didn't balance this at all)

Skill Breakdown:

Carousing

Body hardened by quick escapes from jealous lovers (or their significant other), mind honed by tavern banter, and morality utterly amputated, Carosing is the art of getting out of (and into) trouble, with style.
    • Nightsight - For a night owl like you? The dark is your friend.
    • Prowl - They'll never see you coming. (functions like wolf stealth)
    • Tolerance - They call this water 'whiskey'?
    • Sizeup - Got anything itneresting on them? (Appraise)
    • Shady - The sleaze is palatable, sometimes. (+1 dex, exclusive)
    • DrunkRage - When you get a little drink in you, watch out! (+1 con, exclusive)
    • Braggadocio - You're the greatest. (+1 str, exclusive)
    • Thick Skin - Bumps, cuts, bruises, who knows where they're from? (+cut/blunt audit)
    • Fireproof - It's more of an annoyance than anything, at this point... (+fire audit)
    • Survivalist - It might not be a game, but you're still going to win. (Ups dodge chance)
    • Slapguard - You're used to someone taking a swing. (Parry)
    • Quip - Use your sharp mind to bait an attack. (Razes shield or rebounding, you take 100 damage)
    • Flippant - Shake it off! (Wipes a mental aff away, next hit a little faster)
    • Night Owl - Stay up all night. And the next. And the next. (Metawake)
    • Vault - Hop the fence, cut through an alley...(Lets you hop icewalls, similar to scale)

Charismatics

That quick mind of yours can get put to work in some rather...creative ways, if you know just what to say. (PVP PRIMARY SKILL)
    All charismatic skills with a * have an extra effect if the target isn't deaf. Use one charismatics after one brawling.

Lambast* - Tell 'em how you REALLY feel. (Sadness/Shyness if not deaf)
    Yell* - HEY WAITER! WHERE'S MY DRINK? (Strips deafness/Stuns if not deaf)
    HeadsUp* - See that guy over there? He keeps staring at you! (Paranoia/Superstition if not deaf)
    TalkDown - Hey man, let's just take it easy! (Pacifism)
    Wheedle - C'mon. Buy me a drink? (Generosity)
    Layabout* - Man, what's the rush? (Lethargy/Weariness if not deaf)
    Rush - Would you hurry up? (Impatience)
    CircleTalk* - ...So you see, it couldn't have been me because I didn't do it! (Unenemied for 10s, requires not deaf)
    Critique - You sure you don't just want a salad or something? (Anorexia)
    Taunt* - C'mooon, hit me. Is that all you've got? (Berserk/Reckless if not deaf)
    Crass* - H-how dare you! (Stuttering/Berserk if not deaf)
    FakeOut* - The bad guy was you all along! (Dementia/Muddled and confusion if not deaf)

Brawling

Sometimes you've got to throw some punches. Rough 'em up a bit, y'know?
    (Anything with a * can be used with Charismatics following)
    • Chuck - Throw a cup for some damage. The cup doesn't come back.
    • DustBomb - Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. (Hides the room desc from look)
    • Elbow* - Get in close and wham, right in the head. (Stuns, deals damage)
    • TripUp* - Get in the way, tactically. (Prones)
    • OneTwo* - Hit 'em with a left, then a right! (Damage. Bashing attack)
    • Headbutt* - Sometimes you've gotta get hurt to give hurt. (Blurry_vision-like effect for their next attack, 15s+ cooldown on use because your head hurts)
    • Boot - Steel-toe and ready to go. (Kick them into a wall or just out the door. Respects mass, unless they're prone)
    • Knee* - Low blows are the best. (Vomiting, slightly more damage than punchdagger)
    • Bodyslam - Hop off the table and boom! (Gives target asthma, requires prone, stuns you)
    • PunchDagger* - A (sharp) trick up your sleeve (delivers 1 venom).
    • OneTwoThree - That third punch REALLY surprised me! (Trade charismatics for some more damage)
    • KnockoutPunch - If their head is spinning, throw the cheapshot. (Blackout, scales with mental affs in damage/duration)

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

SatomiXeniaIshinAngweKonnornPerilunaPypoEmelle
  • edited March 2015
    10/10 would roll a bastard

This class speaks to me. i mean look at these:
    Tolerance - They call this water 'whiskey'?
    DrunkRage - When you get a little drink in you, watch out! (+1 con, exclusive)
    Yell* - HEY WAITER! WHERE'S MY DRINK? (Strips deafness/Stuns if not deaf)
    Chuck - Throw a cup for some damage. The cup doesn't come back.

Ishin
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Kinda reminds me of the Scoundrel from SW:TOR.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Goddammit @Pypo, that's actually a somewhat cool anime /watches more
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Pypo
  • I remember when I was a kid playing Achaea ( I think I was 13 when I started), I really wanted to have a dinosaur class. Yes, dinosaurs.

Think kind of like a mix between old school terramancy, domination, and apostasy. You'd have like, a mother fucking bone club to smack some bitches with, and drag'em by their hair and shit. Then you'd have the ability to summon dinosaurs as one-off summons (like, mother fucking t-rex fucking appears and fucks yo shit up), as well as persistent summons (think raptors to ride on, pterodactyls to fly with, and fuck bitches up).

I now realize that I basically thought up Teradrim but with dinosaurs. Did I mention that I love Teradrim?
    Haven
  • When I read the title of this thread, I half-expected pictures of the Koch brothers in lingerie.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
    AryanneAngroth
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited January 2016
    Draiman said:

Jensen said:

Malok said:

I kinda wish there was a class that actually like broke the norm and didn't have combat related skillsets at all. Or if they were related, they're completely defensive/supporting. Not necessarily like the 1v10 tank thats been discussed but more of like someone that sits there buffing and healing and protecting and things like that. I think it would be cool, and I think it would be a great thing to have be neutral tether.

They were called druids
    Whoa. A druid in their grove was a fking nightmare dude.
    You know in today's day and age, looking back on things, I really don't see why people couldn't kill druids in their groves, other than they were just bad and didn't realize it. The only hinder Druids had to speak of was bees stinging you and either paralyzing you every every 7 seconds or so, and entangle. Hypercure was strong, but due to lack of real hinder, really shouldn't have outpaced people's aff rates. Iirc back in the day, standard venom combos always consisted of stupidity/paralysis instead of para/clumsiness. I'm almost certain if someone with the knowledge that we possess now went back and picked up an old venom class, they'd have no problem wrecking a Druid.

Anyhoo, my ideal class kinda be like the monks from Diablo. Lightning fast hand to hand attacks using fist weapons and daibos as an alternative. A highly mobile class that uses flashy teleport-style attacks sometimes and can use teleporting for transportation via runes they leave on the ground and or other people. They also buff themselves and their allies with their mantras and area field effects they create. Lastly, they'd have some version of Kaido, except it would be more focused on things giving themselves massive steroids, or even an 'ascended form' (like Diablo Monk's Epiphany) that granted them access to powerful but short term abilities.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    We can ask if Raz has backups of 2004 Aetolia and go at it.

• Dude give me any class with a chance at a free entangle every 7s and I'll have you screaming for it's removal in a day.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Draiman said:

Dude give me any class with a chance at a free entangle every 7s and I'll have you screaming for it's removal in a day.

Iirc web boots made you immune to entangle, or at least, lengthened the time it took for you to get entangled or something. But i'm pretty sure it was the former.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."