Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Isn't there already favoritism towards older players as it is when it comes to there being a now incompleteable quest that locks away an entire mid-to-high level hunting ground away from anyone who didn't get a chance to complete the quest before an event occured that affected an important NPC in the quest?
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Bashing without vials? MEND MEND MEND.
  • Sakyl said:

Isn't there already favoritism towards older players as it is when it comes to there being a now incompleteable quest that locks away an entire mid-to-high level hunting ground away from anyone who didn't get a chance to complete the quest before an event occured that affected an important NPC in the quest?

He's out and about now.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Aishia said:

Bashing without vials? MEND MEND MEND.

Man, I used to do that back in the day when I was a Grand Duchess and blood rank had mechanical value. I loved it, but even at the time, the terrible newbie I was knew it was overpowered.
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    Malok said:

In every bit of Vampire lore that has ever existed, the older a vampire is, the more powerful they are.

Except, notably, for Vampire: the Masquerade, which rates Kindred based on how many generations removed they are from the primus. A low-generation Sire matters more than simple age.

We have a lot of inspirations from that game, so it works much the same here.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Kinda always hated any allusions that a higher bloodrank meant you were "better" even to the higher rank names and etc. Just BS.
  • I like the idea of minor RP/non-combat related /pve boosts that is given according to rank/age. also the ability to diablerie. 
    MalokIshin
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    How would we implement a form of diablerie that wasn't griefing though? I mean, I'm intrigued, but I don't even know what to imagine.
  • I mean, with Vampires in any kind of game you have a colossal amount of potential to really do all kinds of super neat stuff. I have always felt Aetolia has fell short on that, tbh. I mean, I don't mind everyone telling me 'No, you're dumb' in a nice way like that, but all I was really trying to say is that it would be something that would be interesting, if not entirely balanced as a premise. That's why I had the idea of doing it for everyone as well, and not just Vampires. Though, I know such an idea isn't popular due to the fact that you don't have to pay money for it, and its an advantage. No offense, but I know everyone involved on Aetolia likes their paid for advantages to remain unique to them.

This is the last post I will make on the matter. :)
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • edited March 2015
    As for a new idea. I really wish you all could let us set our own timezone and have the date command tell us what time/date a certain day is in our own timezone. Due to this stupid timezone the game uses, I thought an Order event was tomorrow instead of at howling tonight.

Now I get to miss it because I have to work. Very annoying, and seems like something that would be easy to implement. Not all of us have time/inclination to go lookup GMT to EST or whatever.

Edit: Well then. I did not know that Timezone was configurable with the config command. Perhaps I should change my idea to say that I think it would be good if such a thing was made known in HELP TIME.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Vampirism, like all things in Aetolia, needs to meet a few standards: lore friendly RP, balance/fairness to everyone playing, and it needs to be fun. Giving mechanical boons to higher generations makes sense RP wise, but from a balance perspective it does not. It also isn't fair to lower gen vampires that want to RP being a sire since it's an undesirable rank for the progeny (making it also not fun). Then there's every other class in the game that gets no such advantage. From where I stand, the only benefit should be roleplayed, and only if you and your group accept that caste system.
    Carivah
  • I'd like a command that lets you group all items below a certain X number of months left on their life.
    ZsadistJensenDraimanMalokTeani
  • I know that it's been brought up before, but I would like to reiterate the desire for us to be able to use color in orghelps. Having everything be in dull grey is kinda lame.
    IshinErzsebet
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Lim said:

I'd like a command that lets you group all items below a certain X number of months left on their life.

I've asked for it before, Lusternia has the audit command(of course would need to be changed) that by default shows all items under 25 months about to decay.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • I miss decaylist from Imperian. So useful.
    IshinMalok
  • Endurance/WP regen in audit? Be nice to see the balance between active drains/active regens.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    but it IS in audit.
  • Now that's what I call service.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Toz said:

Now that's what I call service.

Though there are bugs with various skills not showing up, I'm not sure if the racial regeneration for endurance is correct as it's not the same as the racial bonus for willpower.

Still it helps quite a bit more then having nothing!
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Would it be possible to add class drains to audit? X ritual drains blood and y angel skill drains power etc, would be nifty to have.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• How about a monument, somewhere in the realm, that would turn corpses into like 25-50 gold apiece?

Note: This is not to be confused with the golden hand artifact.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Arbre
    Zsadist said:

How about a monument, somewhere in the realm, that would turn corpses into like 25-50 gold apiece?

Note: This is not to be confused with the golden hand artifact.

You're going to see push back from people who think the game has too much gold
  • It's not terrible, if we had more desirable gold sinks available.

I'd like to be able to purchase previous promotion area currency. Maybe even make it a little pouch with random currency inside (credits, ylem shards, gems from that place that I can't remember below Azdun, tsik'in painted wooded coins, haunted house stuff, etc)
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    @Kendri - a currency exchange in Delos could be pretty cool, little clerks negotiating and calculating with the various regions.
    KendriSaritaTeani
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Jensen said:

wut u mean think m8
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Draiman said:

Jensen said:

wut u mean think m8
    It's an idea without supporting evidence, experiments, and research. Making it a thought and not truth
  • Jensen said:

I hate to say it, but in so far as that? I and some people below level 100 would like to argue this point in that there might be people stockpiling gold, but in so far as actual methods to make gold, I personally can really only name two, outside of hunting luck from killing mobs, and one of these two methods is often a race to reach the lone mark that takes over an hour to respawn, I used to be able to name three, but due to a recent event, that third quest has been nixxed, and unless there is a new person to do the quest with as a result of this event, but ultimately because of the sheer respawn rate size, which I bet shrinking to at least 30 minutes for this one mark in question would do wonders and reducing the payout by a third or a fourth, you could encourage newer players to be able to fund themselves on more that just vermins and handouts.. So I imagine that a place like @Zsadist mentioned wouldn't be too far out of line as long as it stuck to about 30 gold max, which is the price per-beetle in bloodloch.

P.s. Hunting luck does include the use of globes, and it primarily refers to gold falling out of humanoid corpses
    So you'll still only have 2 options, just one gives random gold drops and then you sell the bodies too
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I'd pretty much just accepted that I'd never have enough gold for most things in Aet.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    There's probably a dozen people around at any one time with enough gold to buy out the entire credit market if they felt so inclined.

DraimanKendriArbre