The Oasis Project

13»

Comments

• I've noticed with Monk class, or at least on my Sentaari, that it tries spamming the heck out of you to set up kai conservation, but you can't put kai conservation up until after you've put kai trance. After pausing the system and manually going into kai trance, it then attempts to spam you out with kai conservation every few seconds despite it being something you can only use every 90 seconds.

Once you do finally get conservation up, it loops through an arm/leg block alternation over and over again.

Additionally, if you don't jump into a stance right away, you seem to get spammed with 'You must be prone to kipup.' That's easily fixed by just stancing, but the conservation thing is a bit buggy. Conservation only really seems to help for the offensive abilities anyway, not just to get your basic defenses up.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Sure, easy fixes.

Look for 6.3.x later this weekend. Also, make sure bug requests go to support@interimreality.com, a PM, or, worst case, an in-game message. E-mails and PMs are MUCH easier for me to track and manage as far as workflow.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• Ashmer said:

If you're using just plain F the way you would use a normal alias, it looks like it's calling a game-side alias for you. The syntax there is SET BASH F, and then T SPELLSHAPER to target, BASH to activate the script.</blockquot

Ok I've done all that. It doesn't start bashing and if I manally frenzy the first attack, it doesn't go one to autobash the target. And if I hit the f key I get the same error msg.

Forums aren't the best place to get help because of the timing involved. Try asking over clan.

Again, try:

T (whatever)
    BASH

Just as aliases. This will auto-bash your target; Praenomen is automatically set to frenzy.

Okay, 6.3.1 is up. Aside from continued work on the overall structure and filling in things, a few notable bugfixes/additions:

1) I fixed a thing with wielding where it was unwielding/re-wielding the weapon if you were using something two-handed.
    2) I fixed a thing where it was still double-applying restoration after my recent "attempt" code rework in the curing. Code junkies, be sure to look at both can_attempt() and the triggers in the curing section for the changes.
    3) I took conservation out of the Monk defup until I can work in the class more to add the channeling for Kai stuff, and fixed the armblock/legblock spam.
    4) I added web calling and web listening:

WC will toggle calling on/off
    WL will toggle listening on/off
    WL (person) will toggle listening for an individual on/off
    WL ALL will toggle a flag that will listen to all callers
    WL CLEAR will clear your list of allowed listeners, but leave 'all' and 'listening' in place.
    WL D will display a list of people you are listening to

Be sure to match the name exactly when you set a person to listen to, it just matches the string caught in the wildcard.

This is just basic functionality; at some point I'll add more bells, whistles, cool features and the like.

JensenSatomiMalokDrahkuna
  • Satomi said:

I will. Tripwire has been driving me insane, because it lags whenever I try to fight. And when I say lag, I mean it stutters. Every 5-ish seconds, it freezes for a second or two. The end result is I just spend the entire fight entering "q pktime" and leave it to my system and trackers to do the work. It also means that I could snooze during combat until I eventually mass-afflict/damage the person to death because I can't use any of the fun insta-kills without putting it into my combat script.

Long story short, I am looking forward to it. :)

@Satomi: If you want to fix your TW up, I can do some mods to it so it isn't like that as much. There's a few event handlers inside TW that cause that huge lag. I used to have the same issue.
    Aishia said:

Well plus it's super out of date, I can usually tell when someone is using TW because they just fall apart instantly.

Its not as out of date as most think, I keep my version up to date to the best of my abilities and gladly help out any TW user around. Though I can't redistribute because Kaeus has yet to say its ok. Plus, I think I stand up to you pretty well and I'm on TW, so its obviously not THAT bad. :P
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Plus, I think I stand up to you pretty well and I'm on TW, so its obviously not THAT bad. :P
    oooh . FIGHT. FIGHT. FIGHT. 
    Malok
  • Lim said:

Plus, I think I stand up to you pretty well and I'm on TW, so its obviously not THAT bad. :P

oooh . FIGHT. FIGHT. FIGHT. 

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

RiluoIshin
  • IraeIrae Six feet under.
    edited March 2015
    Sorry to ask, but is there a way to disable the GUI elements, or is there a specific script I can just disable in Mudlet? Thanks!
  • CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    Ashmer said:

1) I fixed a thing with wielding where it was unwielding/re-wielding the weapon if you were using something two-handed.

I'm still experiencing this.
    Malok
    Hey guys. I pulled down a backup of the website tonight and I'm about to remove the Linode that everything is hosted on.

Right now, what I think will make a difference is someone stepping in to at least hold onto and kind of steward the original .lua files. Everything's open source except the offenses, which I'll be distributing to a few people in the next week or so to fill in those gaps.

For right now, I won't be updating Oasis. Send me an e-mail at alec.wdb@gmail.com if you're the person to steward the code and you're willing to pass it along when you're ready to put it down, provided people are still a request for it.

RiluoMalok
  • Seems I just missed the boat! As a new player, I'd like to know if it's possible to get a copy of this from someone so I can try it out. I was told it's a good framework to learn on. Thanks for your time.
    (Web): You say, "I know there's something I'm forgetting.."
    (Web): Sevaan says, "You forgot to border the letter with macaroni art?"
  • IraeIrae Six feet under.
    Apologies for resurrecting this thread, but I'd love a copy of this as well, if possible. :(
  • Does anybody have a copy of this? Or, Am I late to asking?
    MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    It doesn't really exist anymore, sorry to say.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Hi.

So, I'm leaving.

Before I retire my dudes (things, what have you) @Razmael reminded me (thankfully) that I still owe some of y'all work and/or credits after the debacle of last year when the developer of the platform I sold Serenity executed a series of attacks against me, my server, and the system's community.

@Riluo and @Yarel are definitely on my radar for reparations - is there anyone else I'm forgetting?

Send me a PM with what you need and I'll work whatever I need to work out with you.

For my part, I apologize. I know it caused a thing for a lot of you that I was so unstable and unreliable when it came to delivering on those particular special projects.

As a side note, while I'm doing this work (or returning these credits) anyway, if you're a current Oasys user who's hacking along and having difficulty with the outdated code, send me a PM. I may be able to do an overhaul and get it up to date before washing my hands of it.

Team Oasys? I love y'all.

PM me or whatever - if we don't talk, bye. It was mostly good there for awhile.

Riluo