New First Aid

DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
edited February 2015 in Sparring Grounds
First aid thread hooray. This is not some selfless act, gtfo my Sanguis thread. JK and stuff.

I was a little curious myself after the Sanguis thread, so I tested it out with Lim a bit. I just kinda threw some numbers at the configs and I didn't mess with the priority any, I only turned on deafness/blindness/rebounding in defences (I let my system def fully though before Lim started beating my face in) and it uh...it did all right. A lot better than the previous system.

Speed:

I know Ezalor told me there was like a second delay to simulate lag/user ping? It's a lot faster than that, and the other rumors I've heard. Looking to be around .3s from gaining herb balance to eating an herb.

Tree/Renew:

Not a lot of ways to control either except turning renew off/on. I suppose this is intended?

Class Curing:

Doesn't use this at all from the looks of it. I don't think there would be any harm in allowing people to turn it on and letting it follow whatever rules Renew/Tree follow (which I'm assuming is along the lines of if x affs then renew/tree).

Salves:

There is no pre-restore or parry options, so I think first aid would be pretty weak against limb routes. I don't think it would hurt to add these options if it's possible, as simply having the option to pre-restore and parry isn't going to automatically mean you won't die vs. limb classes.

Vitals:

This was probably user error or Lims mutant hounds that are apparently accomplished mages, but a few times he just tore straight through me. When he went with non mutant hounds I survived for a bit longer.

This was all with Lim just beating on me, no retaliation. I'm on homebrew and I cbf to code an actual pause into my system so I couldn't have an offense without my own curing interfering with first aid. I didn't mess around with the defences too much, but rebounding worked just fine until I ran out of sudorific. Would it be possible to add something to fill the pipes/syringes back when they empty?

All in all I think it's a lot better than the previous first aid that existed. Kudo's.

Edit: When you check the priorities it looks like a giant mess of stuff and is a little off putting. Would it be possible to separate the priority lists into herbs/salves/pipes/etc, to maybe clear up some of your screen so you can see what's actually going on a little better when you're editing your preferences.
"You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Thanks for starting this thread! Everyone should feel welcome to provide their targeted feedback.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Something I noticed is that firstaid immediately tries to touch tree upon getting blackout.

Is this because it's expecting to cure blackout with the tree tattoo? or it's trying to cure hidden afflictions? It doesn't do this with erase, or focus or similar, and in other IRE games, tree tattoo can cure blackout so I'm not sure where or even if the bug exists.
  • Tree use to cure black out here as well, but was changed. I heard the code was copied from other games then modified for Aetolia, so maybe that's why?

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited February 2015
    I think class abilities, parrying, and refilling pipes/syringes are best handled through someone's system, unless that's an easy addition for @Oleis and crew. Pre-restoration is the big sore thumb sticking out because if you're using firstaid to cure salve afflictions, you can't code in your own pre-restoration without a fair chance of the two conflicting and getting all sorts of bollocksed.

Edited to add: Plus, pre-restoration needs to be handled inside the salve priority, since there are afflictions you want to cure before pre-resto and sometimes you want to pre-resto before you cure certain afflictions in certain situations which I will not here describe.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Ishin
  • Pre-restoration would require the ability to set limb damage thresholds at which restoration kicks in. A bit like how it currently is for sipping - you set the threshold number where you begin to sip.
    Ashmer
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    It would take both limb damage thresholds for each limb individually and including pre-restoration in the affliction priority to be on par with decent curing. That way you could both tell it to pre-resto at 24% left leg damage, and also tell it to pre resto that left leg before you apply for indifference against certain classes, et cetera.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• FIRSTAID. BRO. Y U NO USE ORBIS BANDAGE? I REFILL IT JUST FOR U...WAI?!?!
    Draiman
  • I think firstaid is perfect now its on par with Imperians, Imperians autocuring has been around for a long time and no one really uses a system besides for class curing, pipe filling, parrying (pre restoring but imperian doesnt use it) so I dont see the arguement on, Firstaid doesnt use class curing etc etc..

So thanks to the @admins who updated firstaid to be ALOT better!! I can now play properly on my phone :D
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Riluo
  • I'm so glad this is Imperian and we have the same first aid as them oh wait this is Aetolia not Imperian. Let's try not to say what works in x game will work in y game, please. It was a suggestion, one that doesn't need to be shot down simply because Imperian doesn't do it.

Ishin
  • Draiman said:

I'm so glad this is Imperian and we have the same first aid as them oh wait this is Aetolia not Imperian. Let's try not to say what works in x game will work in y game, please. It was a suggestion, one that doesn't need to be shot down simply because Imperian doesn't do it.

I'm Just saying AETOLIA is ALOT faster then Imperian in curing/combat and AETOLIA isn't as RANDOM in curing then what Imperian is so personally I dont think it needs it.

it only takes about 20 minutes to make a system for the things which firstaid doesnt do, With queueing I bet it would be even quicker.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    IshinArekaTozAshmerJensen
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Nalor said:

Draiman said:

I'm so glad this is Imperian and we have the same first aid as them oh wait this is Aetolia not Imperian. Let's try not to say what works in x game will work in y game, please. It was a suggestion, one that doesn't need to be shot down simply because Imperian doesn't do it.

I'm Just saying AETOLIA is ALOT faster then Imperian in curing/combat and AETOLIA isn't as RANDOM in curing then what Imperian is so personally I dont think it needs it.

it only takes about 20 minutes to make a system for the things which firstaid doesnt do, With queueing I bet it would be even quicker.
    Lolwut. I feel like the points you made in favor of your opinion actually played out as you putting your foot in your mouth. Haha.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Ishin
  • @Razmael @Oleis What features are you guys going to implement?
  • One thing I don't like is that I can't enable Firstaid when I'm afflicted with "asleep". The firstaid commands should ignore regular command blocks so it's actually acting in the same way as a client alias where you for example enable your curing by enabling a trigger/folder. Same thing applies to stupidity etc, if that's not already in there (I haven't tested).

That's all the feedback I got at the moment.

AngweAshmer
  • Definitely agree with @Baemyr, great point. If I'm dead/asleep/stunned/amnesiaed/whatever. I should still be able to manipulate my firstaid and all sub firstaid commands.

Also, should secondary messages be telling firstaid I have something?
  • I noticed another thing that's not working properly. I was webbed and got spammed with outc/eat moss until I writhed out of the web and it actually could outc. Not sure if it's the same with all herbs if I'd get afflicted by something requiring me to outc and eat, but most likely that's the case.

I suggest that firstaid check if I have something pre outc'd and then eat that while webbed or wait and outc when out of web. Same goes with any kind of entanglement.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    I tend to have 5 of each slice out the second I log on just for this reason

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Baemyr said:

I noticed another thing that's not working properly. I was webbed and got spammed with outc/eat moss until I writhed out of the web and it actually could outc. Not sure if it's the same with all herbs if I'd get afflicted by something requiring me to outc and eat, but most likely that's the case.

I suggest that firstaid check if I have something pre outc'd and then eat that while webbed or wait and outc when out of web. Same goes with any kind of entanglement.

On a similar note, one annoying nuance I've noticed about firstaid is that when afflicted with aeon it spams touch tree and smoke elm, to the point where after it finally goes through and aeon is cured it instantly burned through my tree tattoo.
  • Firstaid also spams smoke when pipes aren't lit.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    firstaid doesn't seem to know what grapple is.
  • All I use for curing is FIRSTAID with priorities and I'm honestly impressed. The response time is amazing and it just gives me SO much less to worry about, I can't wait for more features in the future.

The biggest thing that drew more towards it was Priorities, which are great. I can change them on the fly with a simple MUDLET alias, turn off certain afflictions by changing the priority and really customize a base line for general PvP.

That being said I still do a LOT of work with stuff that is not included, which makes it fun. I had to put in all the limb damage tracking, when it comes to pre-restore, parry, target limbs and everything else that goes along with that.

The best part about the whole system is it provides a reasonable base for people to simply pickup PvP and be somewhat decent. With a little practice and some changes on some priorities you can actually withstand a pretty good punishment before you go down.

Again, great work all around to whoever put it together.

Lim
  • @Alain if I'm not mistaken, @Riluo mentioned that he uses firstaid with some personal code he put in there for priorities and such. I could be wrong, though. It can be quite formidable.