The Oasis Project

Comments

• Decided to give this a shot because I fried my own curing, its pretty cool, but every prompt is it giving:

queue pipe
    queue salve
    queue herb
    queue focus
    queue tree

Doesn't actually do anything, and I couldn't find anywhere in the system that queue is even a thing.
  • In Settings, tab over to Input Line and uncheck the box that says, "Show text you sent." Unless you know what you're doing in the source folder, that'll be your best bet.
  • That will work for now, but I rally would like to just fix it, partly for the sheer experience, and mostly because it still drives me nuts knowing that behind it all, that is still happening. :P
    Sakyl
  • Azzello said:

That will work for now, but I rally would like to just fix it, partly for the sheer experience, and mostly because it still drives me nuts knowing that behind it all, that is still happening. :P

Queue pipe etc, is designed to clear your queues to ensure you're not eating, smoking, etc, when you shouldn't be. During initial configuration it sometimes spams it. If you do set configs, and restart mudlet that usually takes care of it and it will still happen but far less frequently. Failing that, try kdef defup

Hopefully that will work!
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    I don't have time for an in-depth description for how that works, but basically the curing functions clear the queue (which I don't specifically TRACK per se, because it would be too fragile) so you don't do an extra smoke or extra eat or w/e during combat. So that's exactly how it's intended to work!

I don't have those send() commands gagged right now because I'm still breaking stuff and fixing it and re-breaking it and re-re-fixing it daily, but once I'm comfortable enough with the foundation there I'll ensure those are gagged when they fire, regardless of whether or not you have echo input turned on.

(tagging @Azzello and @Mael)

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• edited February 2015
    Found post. Must try. @Ashmer will poke you for clan invite if I fall in love.'

Ever since I learned how to tag, I've been tag-happy. Sorry about that!

• Any of us on the expert users list can invite you. Just hit us up! Should be like Teani, myself, Trager, Ishin, Akirash, a couple of others.

Give it a shot!
    Ishin
  • Rashar said:

Any of us on the expert users list can invite you. Just hit us up! Should be like Teani, myself, Trager, Ishin, Akirash, a couple of others.

Give it a shot!

I will. Tripwire has been driving me insane, because it lags whenever I try to fight. And when I say lag, I mean it stutters. Every 5-ish seconds, it freezes for a second or two. The end result is I just spend the entire fight entering "q pktime" and leave it to my system and trackers to do the work. It also means that I could snooze during combat until I eventually mass-afflict/damage the person to death because I can't use any of the fun insta-kills without putting it into my combat script.

Long story short, I am looking forward to it. :)

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Tripwire sucks. The bells and whistles aren't worth the combat ineffectiveness.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:

Tripwire sucks. The bells and whistles aren't worth the bells and whistles.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Ishin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Well plus it's super out of date, I can usually tell when someone is using TW because they just fall apart instantly.
    Ishin
  • Aishia said:

Well plus it's super out of date, I can usually tell when someone is using TW because they just fall apart instantly.

I've been able to muddle by because, being aware of how TW is, I've mostly avoided combat, despite my interest in it. I've mostly just worked with combat theory, which involved writing systems to kill people but never bothered putting them into play... and I've been actively updating TW as best I could on my own, mostly to at least let me be able to run when needed.

All in all, it's still not optimal :P

I just pushed version Beta 6.1.1 to the server. If you already have version 6.0.0 or later, just do 'update' to update your system. Make sure any personal code is OUT of the oasys package directory before updating, and that any exceptions or personal patches to the system are saved somewhere to re-introduce after updating.

No changelog for this update because I'm still very much in Beta and working across all the modules, but I did a lot of minor bugfixing with this round and updated the system for today's curing changes.

I'll hopefully get to the bottom of the bug in the curing sometime this week and be able to move onto settings and UI updates to push into full release.

• I have to say @Ashmer, there is a special place in the afterlife waiting just for you, Oasis has been awesome.
    Ashmer
  • @ashmer may be one of the most under appreciated volunteer workers that Aetolia has. There are very few people that put in more effort to increase the quality of life for so many players of this game.

The end.

DraimanSakylDrahkunaAsaraiiSatomiAshmerArekaIshin
    Awh, you guys. <3

Version 6.2.1 is up WITH A FIX FOR THAT DAMN NIGGLING CURING BUG. YAY. Now I can move onto the rest of the curing.

Azzello
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Niggling is like caucus. It sounds like a bad word, but isn't. Offtopic aside, good work Ash! Happy with Oasis so far, especially the ease of updating.
    Okay, version 6.2.2 is up. Be sure to update.

Linode is currently performing maintenance on the servers, so please don't update until tomorrow, and after that let me know of any funky business with the downloads.

• Oasis has been acting very bizarre the last couple of days. Not with the downloads(I already noticed it was down last night), but it seems with gmcp or whatever. The gmcp upon login seems to look different than before, and any time I try to defup it spams me with like 800 gmcp looking lines and basically freezes mudlet. I'm not sure if Aetolia changed how GMCP works in the last couple of days or what is happening, but I am using the most current version as well.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Malok said:

Oasis has been acting very bizarre the last couple of days. Not with the downloads(I already noticed it was down last night), but it seems with gmcp or whatever. The gmcp upon login seems to look different than before, and any time I try to defup it spams me with like 800 gmcp looking lines and basically freezes mudlet. I'm not sure if Aetolia changed how GMCP works in the last couple of days or what is happening, but I am using the most current version as well.

Not that I'm aware.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • @Malok I know this is a stupid question and most likely something you have already checked multiple times, but are you sure you have GMCP enabled?
    In the last month or so I've occasionally seen output from GMCP on login - I'm not sure why it's happening, since I haven't changed anything in the loading script as far as GMCP requests. It comes and goes, so I suspected it was either something I don't know I did or something IRE-side. @Malok, let me get with you tomorrow or Friday (my day off is changing this week depending on the snow) during my coding time and see if I can't troubleshoot you and at least get you a hotfix.

Also, our server administrator (who is really fucking awesome) rebooted the server successfully and updating should be back online. Please let me know if you see any funky business.

Ishin
  • Azzello said:
    @Malok I know this is a stupid question and most likely something you have already checked multiple times, but are you sure you have GMCP enabled?

Yes, it is. I've been installing Oasis off and on for about a month or more now. It only recently started wigging out. It has to have something to do with GMCP because the messages it spams me 1000+ lines with and crashes mudlet on are related to GMCP.

Me and Ashmer will figure it out at some point. I'm not too worried. I just won't get to do lessers or bash til then. Lucky me I have other things to do besides lessers and bashing...now if only I could get @Oleis to respond to my message about the chessboard...
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • When I use F from set bash to Frenzy as a prae, the system is returning "You can find no such target as '&t'." Can someone please tell me how to fix this in the code? I can't seem to find where it is firing from.
  • Dragos said:

When I use F from set bash to Frenzy as a prae, the system is returning "You can find no such target as '&t'." Can someone please tell me how to fix this in the code? I can't seem to find where it is firing from.

This is running in bash.lua though it's not the easiest to troubleshoot via that.

it sounds like you need to set a target via 't -target-' as I think that error is it's trying to frenzy -target-

Alternatively, try using 'bash' to disable bashing if it's enabled and it should stop trying to hit things.
    If you're using just plain F the way you would use a normal alias, it looks like it's calling a game-side alias for you. The syntax there is SET BASH F, and then T SPELLSHAPER to target, BASH to activate the script.

• So, I just had a huge rage-fit the other day because I am having the hardest time figuring out where everything is in Oasys.. Does it have an aff tracker yet, by chance?

It does! Documentation is on the table, and coming.