Some gratitude and appreciation for this community

SibattiSibatti Mamba dur NayaAmidst vibrant flora and trees
So this has been the case for awhile, but I wanted to officially make a post about it in order to properly express my gratitudes, as opposed to just gradually tapering off into obscurity and never mentioning it at all. My time with Aetolia has dwindled to a barely-there presence, and will likely continue to be that way for the foreseeable future as I tackle some new challenges in the IRL.

IRE has been a big (more like huge) part of my life, both personally and professionally, and the amount of friendships and experience I've gained from it has been immeasurable. There have been too many of you to count, but I wanted to take special note to thank a few people, specifically:

First off, @Razmael and @Oleis, for doing such a bang-up job as producers, keeping Aetolia vibrant and revitalizing it with new updates and constantly keeping the playerbase in mind. You guys are great to work with and doing a fantastic job, as always. Easily the most deserving on my list, for all you've both done for the game, and for me.

@Hadrak, for being one of the most beautiful and evocative lore writers I've ever had the pleasure to know. You're so talented it makes me sick. (also, ur a butt <3 )

@Ghend & @Ignotum for your own insanely unique creativities you both bring to the table. Both geniuses in your own right.

@Trigru, for being one of my favorite people EVER for so many reasons I can hardly begin to list them. I love how well we work together and can feed off one another's energy.

@Moirean, whom I met my first day of playing Aetolia as a novice Sentinel (she was GM). At the time, I was new to Aetolia but not new to IRE, and had only heard rumors that Aetolia was "the RP Mud." I can't properly put into words how amazed I was when you took the time to RP at a newb who barely knew how to emote, much less emote all of those boring and mundane things. Easily one of the most influential players for myself and countless others. I probably would have had a far lesser chance of sticking around if it weren't for you, so thanks.

@Edhain, @Hadoryu, @Rehan, @Yos - the Paladin shenanigans in Enorian circa 2010, some of which I had only read about or heard secondhand, was something else that drew me in deep early on. It amazed me how a few players could make organizational RP feel like a drama that you wanted to just keep watching. Better yet, having individual interactions with all of you began and contributed to so many great stories and arcs. I'm especially going to give @Edhain props for being one of the most understated and brilliant portrayals of a subtle, but trouble personality.

@Lanira, @Caed, @Gepideth, @Alterus, @Mosvor, @Valkalkas, @Raum, @Saarlamen - as a fellow member of this group of Imperian imports/friends it was nice to not start playing totally alone. The early Bezaliel drama was a particularly addictive time of the game for me.

@Atrapoema & @Missari - That Severn mind-wipe RP and the subsequent fallout with Spinesreach and Enorian still comes to mind as one of the most immersive experiences I've ever had in this game. I miss you guys.

@Kiyotan - Few people have ever been so fully and completely supportive, in and out of game, as you have been to me. I'm so glad I met you and that we've been friends for as long as we have. Also, you're fully to blame for feeding so much into my ego with all of those commissioned pictures.

@Lin - Some of the most beautiful moments I've experienced in Aetolia have been due to the alternating waves of sweetness and sadness that were Lin and Sibatti's friendship. Thank you for bringing out some of my best work. <3

@Desian - One of my favorite characters in this game, few pulled off the super-villain antagonist quite as well as he did. Desian was so much fun to hate, and did it with so much style.

@Ishin - In a similar vein as what I said about Desian, Ishin is such a great character who toes the line somewhere between villain and anti-hero. I loved the crazy political drama that we all ended up in when war was a thing.

@Daskalos - We've butted heads on things numerous times but there's always been mad respect from one cityleader to another. I'll always be appreciative of some of the tips and tricks you passed to me early on.

@Seir - Surprised me early on with how passionate and dedicated you were, as another import who really hit the ground running. Helping to build up Duiran into a war machine was one of the most fulfilling accomplishments ever.

@Ezalor - Wow, where did you come from? Seriously, you're like my favorite.

Also @Damonicus, @Soramizu, @Arbre, @Orisae, @Tyrak, @Areka, @Isto, @Sryaen, @Kadvar, @Ison, @Benedicto, @Illidan, @Aishia, @Valingar, @Mazzion, @Arbre, @Jensen, @Eleanor, @Akaryuterra, @Clexx, @Serrice, @Villi, @Nuana, @Devin, @Xenia, @Caeli, @Ingram, @Ashmer, @Rashar, @Aldric, @Lim, @Xavin, @Xarian, @Borscin, @Alexina, @Draiman.

I'm sorry if I forgot anyone! It doesn't mean I don't <3 you. I'm fighting through the flu and all feverish and not quite all here.

So what happens now? I'll still be around, but nowhere near to the time I've spent here over the last almost five years. If anyone's interested in keeping up with me, you can follow what I'm up to on my future website - http://www.amandaparkins.com (it's a work in progress now, but it has links to all of my various social media - Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, etc. I'm also on Battle.net as Ymbryne #1563 and Skype as ymbryne). I'm currently pursuing my dream of continuing to write for video games, whether for a larger company or by getting involved in the indie game dev scene, or even putting out my own small project or three.

Lots of love for the Aetolian community, from me. I know I've certainly felt more than my fair share of love, as well. You're a great community, even when we all get on each others' nerves. This isn't really goodbye - does anyone ever truly escape? Don't answer that, @Hadoryu.

I'll still be around periodically in Aetolia, but please feel free to be in touch over those other mediums, if you're so inclined. :)
DraimanRasharValingarRiluoEzalorMoireanIshinXeniaDristinHadrakAshmerSeirTrigruBenedictoJensenEmelleGhendHadoryuOrisae

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Chase that dream, @Sibatti. You've proven that not only is it something you are skilled at, you can clearly achieve it.
    SibattiIshinDraimanAshmer
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Where the fuck is my 'Love' button at?! I NEED ONE LIKE RIGHT NOW DAMMIT.

I can't really express in words how much I miss RPing with you back in them days. I am sincerely flattered that you feel that Ishin toes the line between villain and anti-hero, and - I imagine - whether he is one or the other would depend on the day and situation, I think.

I miss that cray political drama too. Hopefully you can still login to RP sometimes even though Ish isn't CL or GM or anything like that anymore(something he's glad for!). :)

Miss you, wish you the best with work and your projects.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MoireanDraimanXeniaSibattiAshmer
  • I miss RPing with you all the time. It was never a bad or dull moment. The opposite, actually. I've got really wonderful memories still rattling around in my head from Sib and Ing I think about even todaaay. You're an awesome possum. <3
    IshinSibattiAshmer
  • Hi sibatti 
    SibattiAshmer
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Touch butts with @Sibatti.
    RazmaelAshmer
  • Moon landings!
    Ashmer
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    @Sibatti never forget Gorefield the cat.
    Sibatti
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I don't post much, if at all here these days, let alone play Aetolia. However, thanks for the damn good time and some of the best RP I've ever had in a game. I can safely say that I owe a lot of my enjoyment of Aet to you and the game itself probably won't be the same without you. It was great working with you on the Sents on the many Sacraments, making Duiran into something to be feared and proud of, and the awesome interaction between our characters in the past.

I know I'll still talk with you OOCly and all that jazz, but here's just another medium to say: "You're awesome!"
    IshinSibatti
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited December 2014
    I don't need to say anything other than you know that from everyone here in Aet, your love is reciprocated, like, ten-fold.
    IshinDraimanObynSibatti
  • Guess I'm a bit late to this. Wish you all the best on what you're setting out to do. You're one of the best people I know. Without a doubt one of the most memorable personalities from Aetolia for me, RPing with you back in those glory days held a weight I'd rarely matched before or after.

If you need backup with something and I can help out, let me know.
    Sibatti