March 2015 Promotion(s)

For those interested, because I'm "clairvoyant"...

I predict 30% bonus credits PLUS a racetrack ticket for every 25 credits bought.

What I'd like to know, is if I buy 100 credits, I'd get 130 credits and 4 tickets, or 5 tickets?

If I'm Iron Elite and buy 200 credits, and get 280 credits, do I get 8 tickets or 11 tickets?

Comments

• CLAIRVOYANT PLEASE.

I take your challenge and say it won't be 30%. Maybe 25% or possibly less.

Also racetrack promotion, though.
    Alissandra
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    OR MAYBE WHEEL PLZ
    Alissandra
  • I say neither. I'm going to go off the wall and say another login promo.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Via the Imperian monthly email letter thingy:

MARCH CREDIT SALE
    --------------------------------------
    Tax returns are coming in and we are starting a new sale. This is the best deal we have done in a while and you will want to take advantage of it. We are running a 30% sale and you will receive a gladiator ticket for every 25 credits you purchase. The tickets will let you gamble on that fights that take place in the gladiator arena. This means you can potentially make this much better than a 30% sale. You can read more about gladiators here:

http://www.imperian.com/game/helpview/imperian/gladiators

If Imperian's doing it, pretty high chance we are too!

I'd say I wish Aetolia had something like this, but it would defeat the point a bit if we'd still end up getting it after the other games >_>
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    How different are gladiators vs vakmut races? Looks the same, just a different skin.
  • Because it is the same.

Also, who even still plays Imperian anymore? :/
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• I don't, but I registered for their newsletter because they're notoriously faster when it comes to releasing promo info.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Ishin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited March 2015
    Yawn.

I want the wheel back :confounded:

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Okay, I'm a little confused here.

From HELP RACETRACK:

"When this promotion is running (keep an eye on the announce posts!) you will receive 1 betting
    ticket for every 10 credits you purchase."

From latest announce:
    "On top of that, every 25 credits you purchase will get you a ticket for use at the vakmut
    racetrack, possibly netting you even more credits. Check out HELP RACETRACK for more details."

..Which one of these is it supposed to be? Bit of a contradiction going on there.

Also folks make sure you check to be sure you got your tickets if you buy any credits, something's a bit wonky there unless Raz fixed the source of the problem.
  • Still curious if you get racetrack tickets from the base credit package values plus the bonus credits, or just the base credit package values.

And @Aldric, since the Racetrack apparently has an average credit bonus of like... 30% (I'm guessing blindly here, but since 30% seems to be the target for credit promotions traditionally, and it was once a stand-alone promotion, it's probably a pretty good guess) they had to up the threshhold for tickets to 25 otherwise you'd be getting a crazy good deal on credits. Iron Elite + 30% is already a +40% bonus, then throw an additional 30% from racetrack tickets? By increasing it to 25 from 10, they effectively cut the average gains down by 60%, so the ticket promotion should add an extra 12% or so, on average, to your crazy good credit promotion already. Iron Elite + Flat 30% + ~12% from racetrack betting (mileage varies here, you could get 0, you could bet the farm on the fattest, slowest, dumbest jockey with the derpiest... Vakhmut thingy and win a bajillion credits... or play it safer, up to you!) you're looking at an average of 50+% bonus for Iron Elites. Last time I checked, that's pretty darn good.
    Irae
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Aldric said:

Okay, I'm a little confused here.

From HELP RACETRACK:

"When this promotion is running (keep an eye on the announce posts!) you will receive 1 betting
    ticket for every 10 credits you purchase."

From latest announce:
    "On top of that, every 25 credits you purchase will get you a ticket for use at the vakmut
    racetrack, possibly netting you even more credits. Check out HELP RACETRACK for more details."

..Which one of these is it supposed to be? Bit of a contradiction going on there.

Also folks make sure you check to be sure you got your tickets if you buy any credits, something's a bit wonky there unless Raz fixed the source of the problem.

Every 25 is the correct number. Someone beat me to amending the helpfile, looks like.

Still curious if you get racetrack tickets from the base credit package values plus the bonus credits, or just the base credit package values.

Iron Elite bonuses aren't counted for promotion credit thresholds.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.

• And @Aldric, since the Racetrack apparently has an average credit bonus of like... 30% (I'm guessing blindly here, but since 30% seems to be the target for credit promotions traditionally, and it was once a stand-alone promotion, it's probably a pretty good guess) they had to up the threshhold for tickets to 25 otherwise you'd be getting a crazy good deal on credits. Iron Elite + 30% is already a +40% bonus, then throw an additional 30% from racetrack tickets? By increasing it to 25 from 10, they effectively cut the average gains down by 60%, so the ticket promotion should add an extra 12% or so, on average, to your crazy good credit promotion already. Iron Elite + Flat 30% + ~12% from racetrack betting (mileage varies here, you could get 0, you could bet the farm on the fattest, slowest, dumbest jockey with the derpiest... Vakhmut thingy and win a bajillion credits... or play it safer, up to you!) you're looking at an average of 50+% bonus for Iron Elites. Last time I checked, that's pretty darn good.

Oh I'm by no means saying it's a bad promotion or not worth it, I was just curious which resource was more accurate. I only had one ticket though, and I bet it on the derpy one showing. Of course he didn't :(

Thanks for the quick reply though Oleis!
  • Still curious if you get racetrack tickets from the base credit package values plus the bonus credits, or just the base credit package values.

@Oleis What about the base +30% bonus? Will I get 5 racetrack tickets for buying 100 credits (and getting 130 because of the bonus) or just 4?

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal

Still curious if you get racetrack tickets from the base credit package values plus the bonus credits, or just the base credit package values.

@Oleis What about the base +30% bonus? Will I get 5 racetrack tickets for buying 100 credits (and getting 130 because of the bonus) or just 4?

Good question! That is not factored either. Just the base credit amount you select on the website.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Alissandra
  • TY @Oleis ! I mean, the promotion is pretty crazy good as it is, that would have just been over the top to get 30% more racetrack tickets...
  • Dristin said:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2375
    Date: 3/1/2015 at 13:06
    To : Everyone
    Subj: March promotion

And for the rest of March, we're having 'Blessed Saturdays'. Every Saturday (according to GMT time),
    you'll find yourself bearing a divine blessing. Enjoy!

So what happened to blessed saturdays? Unless I was the only one that didn't get a blessing?
  • edited March 2015
    Kendri said:

Dristin said:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2375
    Date: 3/1/2015 at 13:06
    To : Everyone
    Subj: March promotion

And for the rest of March, we're having 'Blessed Saturdays'. Every Saturday (according to GMT time),
    you'll find yourself bearing a divine blessing. Enjoy!

So what happened to blessed saturdays? Unless I was the only one that didn't get a blessing?
    If it didn't happen, it was a hiccup. I'll make sure to point it out to @Oleis or @Razmael when I see them around next.

Edit - Annnd fixed!
    Dristin
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Yo admin people I'm 99% sure your divine pool blessings are bugged. We get the stats but not the audit, but it's still cancelling the audit gain from miasma.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

This discussion has been closed.