I'm your assistant producer. Ask me (almost) anything.

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I wipe mine pretty regularly, in addition to deleting as I go. My first one is 963 and my last one is 1216.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • where are the servers located as far as country is concerned?

I've heard some reports of Aetolia being here in America..and other conflicting ones saying that the servers are actually in the UK..the latter pointing out the requirement of British spellings over American spellings
    The servers are in the US. Not sure exactly where, geographically. I can't say for sure, but my hunch is that the UK spellings are a holdover of pretentious (American) internet folk. Over the years, the mishmash has blended. Now none of us consciously write one way or the other. We just use our native spellings for the most part and accommodate both in commands where possible. The current prevalence of UK spellings in Aetolia is due to the domination of non-American English speakers on our volunteer roster, as well as our Kiwi Producer.
    [---]
    IshinArbre
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    edited February 2015
    It's awful. Just deplorable. They call you "mate" and expect you to know who Tony Abbott is. I get made fun of for using "feet" as a unit of measurement or telling someone it's 4:45 PM instead of 16:45. I try to protest, but my coarse, unsophisticated American accent grates the ears and I lower my eyes in shame.

And then I looked up who Tony Abbott was and hated every moment of it.
    TragerArbreAldricArekaSakylTeaniObynKerocEmelle
  • Trigru said:

. I get made fun of for using "feet" as a unit of measurement or telling someone it's 4:45 PM instead of 16:45.

'Screw your metric system, taste my freedom' is the proper response to this problem.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

ArbreArekaSerriceDraimanSatomiPeriluna
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    "American" isn't a choice under "Flag" for the post, only "Spam", "Abuse", and "Troll". : <
    SerriceTeaniDraimanEmelleTrigruPeriluna
  • Sometimes I forget what @Trigru actually posted, but still click 'like' for the signature gif alone.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    ArbreKonnornEmelle
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Who is Tony Abbott.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    HavenPeriluna
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    The servers are in Chicago I think!
  • Something I've never quite gotten is why Aetolia doesn't sell physical goods, for example, all the art assets that are commissioned as well as the ones submitted via the various contests could easily be silk screened onto shirts or keychains on demand and sold as another revenue method.

It may be stretching on the your expertise, but is this something that has been considered and rejected due to various reasons?
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    They used to sell panties.
  • edited February 2015
    Back in the Galleus era there were plans to release shirts for all of the games. I remember Aetolia's in particular was supposed to look like this:

But you know what everyone really wants a hoodie/shirt/(insert garment here) with?

Knife Girl(tm).

There'd be no need to rely on credits for revenue if hoodies with that went into production. Nope nope nope.

EDIT: Also I'm pretty sure if they used pieces of art from Artisanals in their merch, I'd be representing a full wardrobe of @Eleanor art. Just saying.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    TeaniMoireanIshinKendriZsadistArbreDidiPeriluna
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Undies with "Trager" blasted across the back would definitely make a fortune.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Trager said:

Undies with "Areka" blasted across the back would definitely make a fortune.

ftfy

Knife girl everything plz.
    TragerTrigruIshinAldricEmellePeriluna
  • Trager said:

Undies with "Areka" blasted across the back would definitely make a fortune.

ArekaMoireanIshinSetneEmelle
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    But for serious if you could buy shirts and hoodies and tote bags and maybe get some credits for it as well I'd be all over that. Video game shirts are pretty standard work wear in my industry.
    [Deleted User]IshinAldric
  • My entire wardrobe is video game shirts....even the pants...all shirts.
    I don't know, to be honest!
    [---]
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Man. Dagger-girl. So hot and all you can basically see is her silhouette. WTB pls.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Teani
  • I don't know how hard managing the cardpacks thing was for Eleanor, but we could totally ask Raz for permission to use the knife chick and put in a custom order on a website to make them up ourselves.

...Then show IRE head honchos the clear interest and have them offered later!
    Hell, an IRE Zazzle account and commission artists to offer options (as in folk from our playerbases, we've some amazing talent to source).
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Aldric said:

IshinTragerAldricHaven
  • Dude, I would so buy a ton of hoodies/shirts with Aetolian artwork on it. :D
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Aldric
  • Oleis said:

I don't know, to be honest!

Hopefully it's something @Razmael can look into doing, and get it started! Looks like the idea has a lot of support.
    Kendri
  • Aishia said:
    Personally, I prefer black :/ Not really into wearing white/grey sweaters. Besides, none of the sales actually go to IRE.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

IshinArbre
    You know, now I want to have knickers that say "Areka's Wenches' or "Areka's Wench" on the ass and send them to my Aet friends (or foes) as gifts.
    IshinEmelle
  • Can I get one of those shirts that make it look like I have abs but have it be Areka's abs?
    Areka
  • Sarosh said:

Can I get one of those shirts that make it look like I have abs tits but have it be Areka's abs tits of disapproval?

ArekaTeaniTragerSatomiIshinPeriluna
  • are there plans to release some of these Albedi continent races as playable?