Entomb issues

RiluoRiluo The Doctor
edited February 2015 in Harpy's Head Tavern
@oleis @razmael For the love of all thing can this issue be corrected please, as it results in people being made to stay in the earth for a very long period of time even when they are entombing. I get trapped for 3-4mins just trying to wait it out.It is like a free banishment skill. Which I am sure it was never intended to be used as. I was already dead in this and it stopped entomb even when I had regained balance!!!

Example:
You use Corpus Entomb.

You utter a brief charm, focusing upon the link to your coffin.
Balance Used: 2.00 seconds

H:891 M:4972 E:30800 W:21800 B:77% Mad:0% XP:65% [e-] [eas ft-]
Jami eats some irid moss.
Drahkuna eats a piece of kelp.
Jami smiles faintly as a healing glow seems to push afflictions from her body.
You discern that Jami has cured the effects of justice.
Meltas eats a piece of kelp.
Jami eats a ginseng root.
Valingar takes a long drag off his pipe filled with skullcap.
Jami takes a drink from a black cobra teardrop vial.
H:891 M:4972 E:30822 W:21830 B:77% Mad:0% XP:65% [e-] [eas ft-]
Valingar ceases to wield a sinuous steel longsword, securing it to his weaponbelt.
Valingar ceases to wield a rune-branded longsword, securing it to his weaponbelt.
Valingar starts to wield an eye sigil in his left hand.
H:891 M:4972 E:30822 W:21830 B:77% Mad:0% XP:65% [e-] [eas ft-]

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

H:891 M:4972 E:30822 W:21830 B:77% Mad:0% XP:65% [eb] [eas ft-]
Valingar uses Enchantment Eye.
Valingar throws a sigil at the ground which bursts in a flash of light.

You cease to focus on your coffin

You give a soundless cry as a bright light permeates blindingly from an eye sigil, and your
insubstantial body is forced into the ground.
Buried beneath Dark, endless mist.
This room has not been mapped.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Comments

• TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I almost want to say that's pretty intentional. If it isn't, certainly sounds good. Entomb as an instant gtfo ability that has a really low timer turn-around seems silly.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited February 2015
    It's not instant.

Edit: It shouldn't take you 3-4 minutes to recover after you're eye'd, but I do agree that it taking you to wherever it is when people use "diffuse mist" instead of the quick recovery sounds fair if you were eye'd before entomb finished.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I'm pretty sure that is intended but not 100%
    You're right, but near enough. How many seconds after the actual channel do you have to capitalize on an eye sigil?

• 3-4 minutes intended is kinda...well, retarded. That's a -really- long time to be out of a group fight, and in the case of the majority of darkie fighters being vampire it pretty much ends any 2nd chance at a lesser and would completely ruin majors for the dark side.

edited February 2015
    Trager said:

You're right, but near enough. How many seconds after the actual channel do you have to capitalize on an eye sigil?

To stop them from escaping? None? In this instance, Riluo wasn't escaping, he was already dead. The eye sigil forced him from mistform into the recovery room for vampires.

Edit: For a bit of clarification. If you're wanting to nerf entomb as an escape skill then I don't have any input on that as I don't use it and I don't ever fight against it currently, so yeah. But like I just mentioned, Riluo was already dead and was trying to entomb to get back to his coffin to recover, not to escape. Eye sigil does nothing to stop you from entombing if you're alive and well and using it as an escape skill, as far as I'm aware.

And what is the alternative? I'm trying to recall what we timed deathlink coffin at, wasn't it near 30 seconds? 45? There's making opposition viable, and then there is making it so you're fighting the same group every 1 minute.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It's a bit more analogous to having to wait the full respawn time compared to someone picking up your corpse to revive you for lifers. But a bit more strenuous to accomplish.
  • You could ask the Admin or Liaisons to standardize all death times across the board? A lot better than further imbalancing things, I think.

• Doesn't Riluo have spirit anchor? Why is he taking 3-4 minutes of anything? 
    edited February 2015
    Aishia said:

It's a bit more analogous to having to wait the full respawn time compared to someone picking up your corpse to revive you for lifers. But a bit more strenuous to accomplish.

I had to google the word analogous and I'm still not quite sure what you're saying. >.>

What I'm saying is, if you think the respawn timer on entomb is too fast and gives an unfair advantage then forcing someone to wait 3-4 minutes (when even living characters don't wait that long) is just as unfair.

Edit: Spelling iz hard

• Lim said:

Doesn't Riluo have spirit anchor? Why is he taking 3-4 minutes of anything? 

Spirit anchor does not work for diffuse. Additionally according to my logs the eyesigil-forced diffuse is the same as normal diffuse (2 minutes), so if you are getting longer times than that, you're likely hitting some weird bug.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @Oleis @razmael This needs fixed badly it is becoming a cheap banishment tactic. I die so I try to entomb. I gain balance after entombing and yet I still get forced into this long ass death sequence please can this be fixed to not work if you have gained balance after death and entomb.

You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Valingar.
    You use Corpus Entomb.
    You utter a brief charm, focusing upon the link to your coffin.
    Balance Used: 2.00 seconds
    H:143 M:4972 E:30800 W:21800 B:51% Mad:0% XP:68% [e-] [eas -tr] [t:100%]

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

H:143 M:4972 E:30822 W:21830 B:51% Mad:0% XP:68% [eb] [eas -tr] [t:100%]
    Valingar uses Wield.
    Valingar starts to wield an eye sigil in his left hand.
    You suddenly perceive the vague outline of an aura of rebounding around Tenshyo.
    Valingar's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Valingar uses Enchantment Eye.

Valingar throws a sigil at the ground which bursts in a flash of light.
    You cease to focus on your coffin.
    You give a soundless cry as a bright light permeates blindingly from an eye sigil, and your
    insubstantial body is forced into the ground.
    Buried beneath Dark, endless mist.

This room has not been mapped.

You need to time your death and give us an actual time limit. If they're eyeing you and interrupting entomb and it's taking NORMAL (diffuse, earthmeld, NOT entomb) recovery time that's working as intended. If it's taking you longer than normal, then that's a bug.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited March 2015
    It takes 2mins and 20 secs at the moment.

Also this is not directed at Valingar, he just happens to be the one I logged, it gets done a lot by others at lesser as soon as vamps die. I would like to see it tweaked to not work if you regain bal on entomb as it bypasses the death skill and artefact spirit anchor. Perhaps I am a bit shitty over it but I still think it is iffy in nature.

• Can't you just move in mistform and entomb in another room?
    Draiman
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    that requires effort and does not address the issue :(

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Uh... if your recovery time is roughly 2 minutes, then what issue is there? Isn't that the same as diffuse mist?

• edited March 2015
    This issue is that entomb should only take roughly 45-60s. Diffuse takes 90s and Earthmeld takes 120s. If you're able to be eyed and forced to take 2 minutes to reform, thats a quite significant time increase.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Periluna
    It's easily avoidable. I don't see a problem with it if Riluo is taking the same amount of time it takes to earthmeld.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Entomb is 26 secs with spirit anchor, so it is a massive increase.

Riluo said:

that requires effort and does not address the issue :(

I can't take very much more of this topic seriously with these words being thrown out. It's too much effort to spend a fraction of a second moving rooms to cut a two minute resurrection into a thirty second one?

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    :( you no love me!

I think honestly if it was made to not fire after you regain bal it would be fine. It is the fact it fires after you use entomb and regain balance that is the issue

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    It's just a death lengthening counter, corpse destruction exists as the same thing. Entomb is CRAZY fast compared to even arti's lifer return.
    Riluo said:

:( you no love me!

I think honestly if it was made to not fire after you regain bal it would be fine. It is the fact it fires after you use entomb and regain balance that is the issue

I do love you man. But that's not an issue, you're just being lazy :P

• RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    This isn't a bug, so I'm closing the thread.
This discussion has been closed.