SMITE

edited January 2015 in OOC Chat
Do any of you guys play? My roommate got me addicted about two weeks ago, and I've had a tough time playing anything else when I'm not in class or working. After trying (and failing) to play League of Legends, a bunch of folks have said these two games are similar, but Smite has an infinitely better community. You do run into a person every now and then who takes the game as SRS BUSINESS, but everybody else for the most part seems awesome.

For the people that haven't played:

- Free game based off of mythology (Greek, Roman, Chinese, Hindu, you name it)

- Free to play model, like Aetolia. You can unlock everything by playing the game alone, but it's admittedly faster to buy stuff.
Note: (I totally spent the $29.99 to unlock all gods and future gods. Investment already 100% worth it since I get ADD with which gods I feel like playing at the time, though it's completely feasible to unlock them IG)

- LoL type format games, with the whole lanes and towers and bases and whatnot, though it's in 3rd person, active movement rather than clicking. There are also more game modes, like Arena, which is an all-out deathmatch between two teams of 5. This is pretty much the only mode I play because eff the lane nonsense. I just wanna murder folks.

If you don't play, but feel like giving it a try, PM somebody here that does play about the referral rewards. It's quite generous for both parties, and by having my roommate refer me I was able to unlock 4/5 gods half-way through the referral time when I went and just bought the god pack anyway.

They also have a clan system, which if there are enough Aetolians playing, I'd totally be down to make an Aetolian clan.

Username: HornedBurger (running trend)
Feel free to add me, just toss me a PM IG so I know who I'm adding.

Random part: I think my favorite thing about this game is that I can use my Xbox controller with it. If you console gamers out there are hesitant about playing PC games because of keyboard and mouse (I can't use it to save my life) do absolutely give this one a try. While people may argue that KB&M is more accurate and whatnot, I still do decently without.

It's also coming to Xbox One soon on beta, so the controller config is obviously something that works for people.

ANYWAY LET'S PLAY.
Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.

Comments

• Also here's the cinematic trailer. Because yes.

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I play on and off, Arena only too. I'm not the ok-ish, largely because the third person view isn't something I'm used to paired with the way movement works in MOBAs.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Hit me up on skype if you want to play, @Aldric.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• edited February 2015
    Soooooo, there's now an Aetolian clan! The Pools!

Get it. Because you play gods in Smite. And we're Aetolians. Haaaaaw.

No but really, drop your smite usernames here if you play, and if you don't, start playing!

@Moirean is the newest Smite addict, and @Toz shall be joining the clan Soon(tm)!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    (the clan name was my idea)
    Aldric
    RealMildir

Ingram said:
    jjloraine
  • My usual account is HornedBurger, but I made AldricAdariel for playing with newbies.

We ended up playing for... well a while, and it was an absolute blast. More people definitely need to join in! You'll get to experience @Moirean frantically trying to heal you while you try narrowly escaping with your life... while she dies for the cause >_>
    SetneMoirean
  • Aldric said:

My usual account is HornedBurger, but I made AldricAdariel for playing with newbies.

We ended up playing for... well a while, and it was an absolute blast. More people definitely need to join in! You'll get to experience @Moirean frantically trying to heal you while you try narrowly escaping with your life... while she dies for the cause >_>

She is Xenia's mommy.

TozMoirean
  • @Trager has joined the fray. WHO'S NEXT!?
  • So sick of @Aldric feeding, god.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• More like @Toz's kill-stealing. He finishes the match with 10 kills, and I finish with 10 assists. WHAT A COINCIDENCE.
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    WHILE @TOZ IS THE TANK
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• Also on a scale of 1-10 in regards to conquest skill, I ring in at approximately a -50. Being generous.
    That was really fun. I wish I could still be playing with yall instead of raiding in WoW. :(
  • I haven't played in awhile, but I'd be down for playing if you guys want me to. I have every God there is because I bought the pack back in beta that gives me access to all of them forever. My favorite though was always Zeus. So much nukage.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Aldric
  • edited February 2015
    If my totally lame computer can run this, I'm...intrigued.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • Kelliara said:

You're only allowed to play Fenrir.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

MoireanAldric
  • edited February 2015
    Toz said:

Kelliara said:

Sold!

Edit: So, I just looked up Fenrir. The idea of carrying off an enemy is extremely appealing.
    MoireanToz
  • edited February 2015
    Kelliara said:

Toz said:

Kelliara said:

Sold!

Edit: So, I just looked up Fenrir. The idea of carrying off an enemy is extremely appealing.
    It's extremely fun when you land it on somebody and drag them all the way into your base and they pretty much insta-die.

...Though not as fun when it happens to you. Then it's not very fun at all.

Drop us your username, and you too @Malok, and I'll invite y'all into the Aetolia clan.

Random note:

Also, if you're thinking about trying the game out, I hiiiighly suggest using the referral system. Both you and the person you set as the person you referred get some nice chunks of favor (the IG currency for unlocking gods) for playing together, and hitting certain levels.

TO DO SO:

1) Click 'Social' in the top right of the screen.
    2) Click 'Referral Reward'
    3) In the box that it says to type the person who referred you, put in one of these names:

- jjloraine (@Moirean)
    - HornedBurger (my main account)
    - AldricAdariel (my newbie account)
    - Bewulf007 (@Toz's main account)
    - SexualToadstool (@Toz's Aresnewbie account)
    - RealMildir (@Setne)
    - ByteMePlz (@Trager)

4) Click submit, or something. You can't miss the button, and I forget what it specifically is.
    5) Roll in the delicious favor rewards.
    Moirean
    RealMildir*

Ingram said:
  • Aldric said:

- SexualToadstool (@Toz's Aresnewbie account)

Every account is my Ares account.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• Mine should be andrewgoat.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Evidently @Nelron has joined the fray! Didn't know until I checked my referrals, but yay!
  • Sadly, it appears that in attempting to run this, my computer melted into a pile of useless goo. While I'd love to jump in and carry enemies away to their doom, I'm not going to be able to until I get my workhorse computer back.

Sooooooon...
  • edited February 2015
    I've been playing Smite for 1-2 years now >.< Roughly. I main Aphrodite, enjoy me some Serqet, Neith, and troll with Ares or Osiris.

Forgot to give a shoutout to Hel. <3 Hel

MorphingE is my account name

Aldric
  • A new Goddess came out today, Bellona! First match went 6-0-18 with her, and she's a blast.

...Though will probably be being hit with the nerf stick pretty soon.
  • edited February 2015
    @Aldric It depends on her damage output. They may reduce the dmg, or the scaling, of her hammer.. maybe knock down the healing of her lash a little bit. Reduced aoe dmg on basic attacks with the hammer, where the main target gets full damage. That sort of thing.

Enjoy it while you can, though! It won't be for a week or two, which is how long it takes everyone to adjust to the new god and learn to counter it.

My Sobek support game too good(once I got a better feel for him), main issue I need to work out is mana use and not charging in solo.

Ingram said:
  • Setne said:

My Sobek support game too good(once I got a better feel for him), main issue I need to work out is mana use and not charging in solo.

about 75% of the fun of playing a tank is charging in solo, distracting the enemy, and having your team swoop in when they think they are going to kill you!

The other 25% is just sheer, epic survivability.