February 2015 Promotions

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2367
Date: 2/15/2015 at 10:06
To : Everyone
Subj: Lesson packages

Lesson Packages are now available for purchase on our website from now until the end of the month.

This is a great chance for you to pick up those extra lessons you wanted in order trans your next class or start your new character, as these lesson packages are cheaper than purchasing credits for lessons. We've also added a couple of new, larger lesson packages for those who plan on doing a lot of learning!

Just head over to http://www.aetolia.com/credits and click on "Lesson Packages" to browse them.

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2368
Date: 2/18/2015 at 23:10
To : Everyone
Subj: Artifact auctions

We are now selling several rare artifacts up in the auction house for credits! Please read HELP
AUCTIONHOUSE and HELP AUCTIONS to familiarize yourself with the auctioning system. Unlike a gold auction, bidding on a credit auction will not take the credits from you, and you can bid more credits than you actually have. Should you win the auction, you will have a week in which to procure the credits, otherwise your character will be shrubbed until you can pay for the artifact. Any bids placed are final! You cannot undo a bid, and you will be held to the sale should you win.

We're also releasing some other artifacts that are usually only sold by auction into the store for a limited time. We will be selling these artifacts in the store until the end of February, after which they will be gone.

Here is the list of the artifacts up for auction, and the artifacts being sold in the shop for a
limited time:

++++ CREDIT AUCTION ITEMS ++++

These items will be available on the auction house shortly after this post.

Custom Wings
------------
This works similar to the wings/amulet artifact, but acts as your own personal portal room. You can specify up to 12 unique exits from your portal room, but these are subject to some restrictions (e.g. can't connect to a city, or an offplane room). The custom wings have the same benefits and restrictions as the other Wings/Amulets and must be activated via a spoken phrase. The item itself doesn't have to specifically be 'wings'.

Izu-Ari's Dice
--------------
Once per Aetolian month, the owner may roll Izu-Ari's dice and receive a bonus of +1 to one or two of their stats, and/or a health or mana bonus of 5%.

An Ironwall Ring
----------------
This ring works similar to a ring enchanted with icewall. However, the wall of iron it creates is
indestructible. The wall crumbles away after ten minutes, and the ring can only create one wall
every 30 minutes.

A Bottomless Vial
-----------------
This vial may be filled with any elixir or serum, and will never run out.

A Barrel of Inviolability
-------------------------
Anybody wearing the barrel will find themselves unable to be attacked via blackwind choke, or
abducted by Syssin.

An Emblem of Martyrdom
----------------------
Can be activated once per howling. When you next die, all allies in the same area as you will be
fully healed and cured of all afflictions. They will also be invulnerable to damage for five seconds. Works only for the owner.

The Elindes Talisman
--------------------
This talisman has 6 petals upon it which may be plucked at any time, and each petal, when consumed, will restore the health, mana, blood, endurance, and willpower of the owner. If consumed by anyone else, the petals will restore only the endurance and willpower of that person. The petals regrow at a rate of one per month.

A Ring of Elemental Mastery
---------------------------
A ring that contains all the elemental resistance enchantments upon it. It also contains the icewall, firewall and firelash enchantments which you can switch between by TURNing the ring. These enchantments will never fade.

The Intaglio of Artos
---------------------
Allows the user to customise his or her enter and entrance messages. Subject to administrative
approval.

A Staff of Portents
-------------------
When raised towards the heavens, this staff will call down a meteor upon everybody in the area who is outdoors, excluding the caster. Cannot be used indoors, and can only be used once every 10 seconds.

++++ LIMITED TIME ARTIFACT SHOP ITEMS ++++

These items will be in the artifact shop until the end of February.

A Hoarder's Vault (200cr)
-------------------------
The hoarder's vault can be used as a personal bank by the owner from anywhere.

A climber's icepick (400cr)
Allows for the destruction of icewalls. Takes two seconds of unmodifiable balance.

A Torc of Hyperception (500cr)
-------------------------------
The wearer of this torc will be so attuned to his local surroundings that, when using the PERCEIVE ability in survival, they will receive an overview of every grove, tent, den, and mark within the area.

An Eelskin Cloak (500cr)
------------------------
Wearing this cloak can be truly electrifying! When worn about your person, any attacks that fall
upon your magical shield (as generated by a shield tattoo) will result in the attacker getting
shocked with electrical damage equal to 15% of their maximum health before resistances.

A glimmering paintbrush (800cr)
-------------------------------
Allows one to scribe a floating message in a room, which will show up in the room's description, upon movement/ql/look. You can create up to three of them per howling, but only one per room. The messages will linger in the room until the howling, after which they will disappear. You can specify a colour for the words to appear in by preceding the message with a number corresponding to that colour as per CONFIG COLOR.

Usage: PAINT WORDS 13 Aetolia rocks

Example output:
North of Trees. (road)
It is raining heavily, pregnant drops of water pouring down onto you. Hanging in the air are the
following words, "Aetolia rocks." You see exits leading north, southeast, south, and southwest.

Wyvern's claws (800cr)
----------------------
Grants access to the old Metamorphosis HOIST ability with a few notable changes: It will bypass mass, and any sort of magical teleportation you undertake will cause the victim to be dropped before you move.

A Funereal Masque (1000cr)
--------------------------
The wearer of this masque will have their name hidden on deathsight when they slay another.

Helm of Command (1500cr)
------------------------
Lets you COMMAND (force) people in your room to do stuff. Takes 4 second of unmodifiable equilibrium.

A Torc of Vitality (2000cr)
The Torc of Vitality grants the use of the Vitality ability. This artifact can only be used by its
owner.

Supreme Celestine bracers of devastation (2400cr)
-------------------------------------------------
These bracers contain level 4 of the critical_chance artifact, conferring an 8% increase. You can
upgrade your existing critical_chance artifact to level 4 also.

A market stall construction kit (3000cr)
----------------------------------------
This kit can be used to create a portable shop, and may be placed anywhere by the owner providing another shop is not already located there. Requires the room it's being set up in to not have an exit to the in.
DristinMoireanSerrice

Comments

• Maybe it's just me, but can we change things like A Barrel of Inviolability to just quit being straight up counters to skills? There's already counter play to abduct (throw an eye sigil). I know it's a limited artifact and not everyone will ever have it, nor is it really game breaking, but it's so annoying to see things like that implemented, regardless of how.

Everything else looks good though. I'm too poor to participate but you broke Ezalor's heart by making it a credit auction instead of gold auction, so I'm happy with the rest of it. ^_^
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

MoireanTrager
  • Ahmg almost $900 for a shop stall.

My heart aches :(
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanSakylDraimanTrager
  • @Dristin, I've got a couple questions. I asked Keroc and he answered one of them, but I'm going to reask just for my own safe of mind.

1) The Vault artifact, Keroc says it doesn't have the 5% withdraw fees a normal bank has. Is this accurate or does it still have the withdraw fee?

2) The eelskin cloak.... when you say "any attacks that fall on your shield" does that include skills that specifically break the shield (hammer tat, umbrage, raze, etc) or does that just mean if I actually HIT your shield?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Does the vault give interest?
    Kendri
  • edited February 2015
    @Areka

The vault artifact was released without a withdrawal fee, that was the perk for it in its origination. The interest collecting is a ylem perk giving to City institutions, so it will not be subject to the earnings, merely a portable non-penalty vault.

Hope this answers your questions.
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Draiman said:

Maybe it's just me, but can we change things like A Barrel of Inviolability to just quit being straight up counters to skills? There's already counter play to abduct (throw an eye sigil). I know it's a limited artifact and not everyone will ever have it, nor is it really game breaking, but it's so annoying to see things like that implemented, regardless of how.

Everything else looks good though. I'm too poor to participate but you broke Ezalor's heart by making it a credit auction instead of gold auction, so I'm happy with the rest of it. ^_^

Can't agree enough. Such counters, and a lot of those artifacts are so very, very potent. It's a bit scary. Not a fan, at all.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

MoireanTozDraimanMalok
  • Sarosh said:

@Areka

The vault artifact was released without a withdrawal fee, that was the perk for it in its origination. The interest collecting is a ylem perk giving to City institutions, so it will not be subject to the earnings, merely a portable non-penalty vault.

So.. it's a more expensive money pouch?
    Areka
  • LimLim
    edited February 2015
    Elindes and the barrel have pretty significant combat implications, and should not be brought back, imho.

Vitality too.
    MoireanDraimanTozTragerAshmer
  • @Zsadist - I just copied the information over, so I have no information beyond what is posted. If you still need to know about the cloak, I can try to ask @Razmael or @Oleis about it when one of them are around.
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited February 2015
    Eelskin cloak is specifically for things that bounce off of the shield -- failed attacks, basically. Only applies when you're in the same room as your attacker. 
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Next question, can I transfer these artifact powers to another of my artifacts if I so chose to? Like moving the Vault power to my epic amulet of awesomeness or moving the eelskin cloak power (which doesn't seem to actually have a power unless thats a bug) to my obscuring cloak?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited February 2015
    I tried with the eelcloak and the answer is no :neutral: So I messaged @razmael but no reply yet.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Tempting.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Trager
  • Sarosh said:

@Sarosh, is there any way that the vault can get 'tiered' so to speak, that by spending gold for each tier, you can gain interest off the vault as well? Up to a maxiumum of course.

• @Zsadist - That would be a question for the big guys, I don't put my grubby reptilian hands on artifacts.

@Oleis or @Razmael - feel free to chime in :smiley:
  • This round is done! March now begins.
This discussion has been closed.