Mudlet Help Desk

Comments

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Nalor said:

Trager said:

Might even be able to take it a bit further for indoors. If vampire and gmcp.blahblahindoors then quickdismount/fade. Etc, so forth.

no such gmcp for indoors/outdoors etc
    There should be, as I know basically every other IRE has it listed under the details table. Just checked and seems it's not listed there, which is weird.
    @Oleis‌

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Ishin
  • Setne said:

Nalor said:

Trager said:

Might even be able to take it a bit further for indoors. If vampire and gmcp.blahblahindoors then quickdismount/fade. Etc, so forth.

There should be, as I know basically every other IRE has it listed under the details table. Just checked and seems it's not listed there, which is weird.
    @Oleis‌
    We had a big GMCP what you want topic, but not much of it was put into play @Setne, But back on topic, You can setup like leap for icewall and evade/fade if you hit a blocker, since both have different lines.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Nalor said:

Setne said:

Nalor said:

Trager said:

@Oleis‌
    We had a big GMCP what you want topic, but not much of it was put into play @Setne, But back on topic, You can setup like leap for icewall and evade/fade if you hit a blocker, since both have different lines.
    As far as I know, all the IRE games have those listed in the details section for gmcp.Room, I'm not sure about Imperian or Achaea as I don't play them. Lusternia and MKO both have it, so I assume Aetolia should, but for some unknown reason doesn't.

Ingram said:
    RiluoIshin
  • I was wondering, is there a page somewhere in the interverse that lists all of the GMCP information that is accessible? I have a found a few things that touch on some of it, but I know there must be a comprehensive list out there somewhere.
  • ,you can make an alias to do

display(gmcp)

or
    http://www.ironrealms.com/gmcp-doc
  • Ok, so, how could I capture multiple lines of text. I know I would fire off the first few words since they wont change, but the second and third could differ depending on the length of the persons name. Here is what I want to trigger off of:

With the undeniable pulse of stored energy at your fingertips, you raise your quarterstaff high over
    head and bring it crashing down on Meltas's skull. Just prior to contact an arc of verdant energy
    discharges into his head and he crumples.
  • Azzello said:

Ok, so, how could I capture multiple lines of text. I know I would fire off the first few words since they wont change, but the second and third could differ depending on the length of the persons name. Here is what I want to trigger off of:

With the undeniable pulse of stored energy at your fingertips, you raise your quarterstaff high over
    head and bring it crashing down on Meltas's skull. Just prior to contact an arc of verdant energy

Easy way is config pagelength 0. Then that's 1 line. Otherwise, you have to make a multi-line trigger, which is where you trigger the first line, second line, and third line - then you'd drag the second into the first like it was a folder, and the third into the second. And you'd check 'multi-line trigger' and though I forget the exact settings, I think you have to specify how many lines it is from the first and second (so 2 and 1, respectively).

Or just trigger 'bring it crashing down on Meltas's skull. Just prior to contact an arc'

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Toz said:

Azzello said:

Ok, so, how could I capture multiple lines of text. I know I would fire off the first few words since they wont change, but the second and third could differ depending on the length of the persons name. Here is what I want to trigger off of:

Easy way is config pagelength 0. Then that's 1 line. Otherwise, you have to make a multi-line trigger, which is where you trigger the first line, second line, and third line - then you'd drag the second into the first like it was a folder, and the third into the second. And you'd check 'multi-line trigger' and though I forget the exact settings, I think you have to specify how many lines it is from the first and second (so 2 and 1, respectively).

Or just trigger 'bring it crashing down on Meltas's skull. Just prior to contact an arc'
    That's a filter trigger. A multiline trigger is when all the patterns for the trigger match together in the exact order they're placed in.

Ingram said:
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    So I love looking at my logs and seeing all these giant echo's telling me everything to know about everything I'm tracking. It helps debugging a -ton-. I don't care too much for it during the fight though. What I would like is a way to be able to display information in a log that isn't visible on my buffer while I'm fighting. Is something like this possible? I thought about using echoLink, to just shove all the info into a nifty mouseover display but it doesn't work in a log like it does in Mudlet.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

It is unfortunately not possible as far as I'm aware, unless you did a lot of coding, so that you mark what lines display the information, then when the log is made, puts them in for each line. It might be possible that way, but it's above my head.

Ingram said:
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    What if you used a replay instead of an HTML log, @Draiman @Setne
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Replay logs the raw text and will strip out all display edits made.

Ingram said:
  • edited March 2015
    So I am trying to figure out how to capture two (or more in the future maybe) lines in one trigger. For now I am gagging monk attacks, so I want to grab the attack, then the whole connects or misses bit into one trigger, how would I go about this?

Edit to add: I do need to capture both lines in one trigger because I am going to use wildcards to replace the text with: *person* UPPERCUT you and CONNECTED
  • Setne said:

Replay logs the raw text and will strip out all display edits made.

You could record the replay and run it again with all the echoes etc. firing (including the spammy stuff) while running the logger? Kinda convoluted but it'd work, you'd get the effect of your active system recording/reacting to stuff like it normally would and all your displays, without all the spam of giant displays while actually fighting.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• edited March 2015
    I don't honestly know if you can gag a multiline trigger in one go, but to do that you put the first one in the 0 line, then the next one in the 1 line, etcetera. Then you click [multiline / and trigger] and gag from there.

Also, if you want to reference those you have to use multimatches. If you don't know how it's,

multimatches[line][matches[n]]

in other words, to echo the whole of line 1, you'd do:

echo("This is an echo: " .. multimatches[1][matches[1]])

Someone probably knows a better way but that's how I'd give it a go.
  • Isto said:

I don't honestly know if you can gag a multiline trigger in one go, but to do that you put the first one in the 0 line, then the next one in the 1 line, etcetera. Then you click [multiline / and trigger] and gag from there.

Also, if you want to reference those you have to use multimatches. If you don't know how it's,

multimatches[line][matches[n]]

in other words, to echo the whole of line 1, you'd do:

echo("This is an echo: " .. multimatches[1][matches[1]])

Someone probably knows a better way but that's how I'd give it a go.

echo("This is an echo: " .. multimatches[1][1])

should work too
  • edited May 2015
    So, I'm having a bit of an issue here....

Upon opening mudlet and selecting a specific profile, mudlet crashes and closes out... I have no idea what is causing it! Heeelp!

EDIT: I just deleted the profile, disregard this.
    Was easier just to make a new one.

• Just reinstall, bud. Copy/Paste the folder named profiles somewhere, just in case, but everything should be there when you load back up.
  • Drahkuna said:

Just reinstall, bud. Copy/Paste the folder named profiles somewhere, just in case, but everything should be there when you load back up.

I got the issue fixed. Lost some triggers/aliases but that was an easy fix to redo.
    Actually really glad I did what I did, gave me the motivation to clean it up

DrahkunaIshinDidi
  • Hey, I've had a bit of a scripting problem and looking for any insight on how to resolve it. Below is a link outlining what I'm trying to do, what I've done to do so, and the error I'm getting.

http://pastebin.com/snnWHx2A

Thanks ahead of time!

• @Xenia got to ask.. but are you creating the ih_id before you do ih_id[matches[3]] ?? Also why not just use GMCP? way easier
  • @Nalor Because I don't know how to use the GMCP option, and while it's likely that once i know how, I'll switch to that method, I've become dedicated to figuring out how to make this one work. I'm fairly new to using mudlet and in working on this issue, I've already learned a lot about the functions available to me.

• NalorNalor UK
    edited May 2015
    edited ---

I'm unsure what your trigger is suppose to mean/do,

tempLineTrigger(matches[2], 1, Create_RoomMobs_Table())
  • edited June 2015
    If I'm getting it right, she's wanting to populate the room mobs table at the last line of her info here display, using what she's picking up through ih_id[matches[3]] = matches[2] from the IH command. The wrong argument type error makes me think you're sending a string as the "from" parameter in your tempLineTrigger instead of a number. Apart from that, have you tried echoing straight from the IH capture, to make sure you're grabbing mob info?
  • Your loop would work, but I'm not sure it would do all of what you'd like it to. Why the break after the first find in the if statement?
  • Try bracketing your function in the trigger. tempLineTrigger(matches[2],1, [[Create_RoomMobs_Table()]])
    Anyone know how I can un-fuck this mapper and make it display the rooms in Spinesreach correctly?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • which mapper? I normally just output the ingame map @Ishin
    edited June 2015
    Nalor said:

which mapper? I normally just output the ingame map @Ishin

Ah, yeah. I don't have a capture for that, just yet, @Nalor . I'll have to figure something out for that, thanks Nalor. Also, would I use tonumber(whatever) in order to convert any gmcp to a string, or is there a different command for words?
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • tonumber is only for numbers... you use nothing for words.

Without looking in my system I just use something like

test = gmcp.char.vitals.energy

testnow = gmcp.char.vitals.balance

then you can do like display(type(test)) or testnow to see if its a string/number etc

if its a number you then can do like if test > tonumber("5") then .. so if test more then 5 do whatever you wanna do...@ishin

(discloser... im high on pain killers but you should get the jizz of it)