Out with the Old

edited February 2015 in Roleplay Logs
Thanks to @Chakrasul for some fun RP! Nyrus recently hiked on back to Spinesreach to rejoin the Sciomancers, and to return to his roots. I haven't RP'd in... well a long time, so apologies for being a bit rusty and over-using some phrases.

This is part one of the adventure!

-------

You tell Chakrasul, "Ah, Lady."

The Divine voice of Chakrasul echoes in your head, "Mm?"

You tell Chakrasul, "You are a Deity that enjoys deals, are You not? Something of course mutually-beneficial."

The Divine voice of Chakrasul echoes in your head, "Sometimes, depends on if the deal entertains Me or not enough. Or proves useful."

You tell Chakrasul, "Ah, well. What would be Your price to have me shed this useless Yeleni form to embrace something a touch stronger? Azudim, perhaps."

The Divine voice of Chakrasul echoes in your head, "Mm..you know, I've not had one ask Me in quite some time now. I'd rather hear what you have to offer, mortal. What is it you think you could give that I do not already have?"

You tell Chakrasul, "Something a Divine doesn't already have? Goodness Lady, a puzzle if there ever were one."

The Divine voice of Chakrasul echoes in your head, "Well, that'll quite be something for you to
figure out. Perhaps something meaningful to you..or information..or some offering of interest. I
cannot promise that I won't laugh at something, but most options are open."

You have emoted: "Something the Goddess of Corruption doesn't have," Nyrus mumbles to himself as he laces his fingers behind his back, slowly erupting into a slow, yet calculating pace.

You have emoted: "She's got plenty of people to torture, a slave of sorts would hardly be worth it," Nyrus notes aloud as he continues his pace. "No, no, information from Enorian is hardly with a coin with the way they parade their goings about now," he continues, eyebrows drawing inward as he contemplatively swivels on a heel to embark upon a different path.

Your surroundings ripple and distort, the faces and features around you momentarily taking on a more sinister appearance as Chakrasul manifests.

Chakrasul tilts Her head to the side, carefully examining you, "Thinking hard?"

You have emoted: Nyrus nearly collides into Chakrasul as his path of choice is blocked, his eyes
opening wide as he comes to an abrupt halt. "Lady," he greets, head dipping in a sign of respect. Despite this, the quizzical expression he wears appears to be one that'll be remaining for some time. "Yes, quite hard," he succinctly acknowledges with a quick nod.

"You really should not get so easily distracted, little Yeleni." Chakrasul replies with an amused
quirk settling into Her lips. She approaches you, carefully pacing around you in a slow circle -
still taking you in, "Mm..do you lack creativity, or are you just so plain that you have nothing you feel worthy?"

You have emoted: Right before Your eyes a series of illusory fragments chip away from Nyrus' form, splintering into writhing tendrils of shadow that coalesce upon the ground before him to form miniature beasts of frothing black. "Lack of creativity is certainly not a problem," he muses as he juts his chin upwards to consider Chakrasul appraisingly. "Though something of worth - well, I am by no means a man of means, if You will." The beasts at his feet cling at a close proximity, their own heads dipping in a way that mirrors his previous gesture.

"I wish for your warmth, so perhaps I'll just take it." Chakrasul states as She stops abruptly,
directly infront of you. Her eyes meet your, though the darkness of them make it hard to tell what She is looking at exactly. A hand loosens from her quarterstaff and creeps up to brush against your cheek, a soft voice murmuring, "Tell Me..where did the warmth come from, hm? Any specific Sibling of Mine?"

You have emoted: "Devout faith to the Nightmare," Nyrus declares, his hand gripping more tightly about his voidstaff as Yours makes contact with his cheek. His eyebrows draw inwards, and for but a moment he diverts his gaze. "Though She physically had nothing to do with it." The man takes in a deep inhalation, then releases it as he returns his gaze to You. "Motivated, perhaps, but I suppose I was not quite the star of Her eye."

--somebody logs in where we were, get transported to the throne room!--

Frustrated, Chakrasul says, "Quieter here.."

Almost abruptly, you say to Chakrasul, "You've heard of my father, yes? Sryaen Cardinalis. Like him, I aspire to do much as I can on my own, seizing power when I need it to use as I wish."

Chakrasul nods Her head at you.

You have emoted: Nyrus wobbles unsteadily on his feet as his surroundings blur, gaze narrowing as he takes in the immediate features of the massive room.

Chakrasul ceases to wield a twisted quarterstaff of jade.

As a twisted quarterstaff of jade comes loose from Her grip, Chakrasul steps directly infront of you. Grasping you around the neck, She lifts you up from the ground. A wicked grin fills Her features as She growls out, "This will be fun! Simply nod your head, yes?"

You have emoted: Nyrus' eyes widen abruptly as a look of fear seems to slink its way upon his
countenance. His own hands - those of a scholar, and by no means a fighter - reach up to weakly clench around Your own wrists. Motes of shadow slip away from his body, dripping off to collect upon the ground beneath him like a pile of viscous sludge that splashes in congealed masses.

As Her grip tightens around your neck, you feel a burning sensation that is quickly charring the
skin there. As the smell of burnt flesh fills the air, Chakrasul brings Her other hand to just
outside of your chest and holds it there for a few moments. Licking Her lips, She plunges the hand deep into your chest and holds it there for a long while. The pain is substantial, as if you are being burnt from the inside. After a few lingering moments, as if She is enjoying this too much, She rips Her hand back out and holds a mass out brightly hued essence. She drops you near as abruptly as She did this, shoving the essence into Her mouth and consuming it fully. You feel weaker as your body slowly reverts to the Tekal form.

You have emoted: Nyrus finds himself curling almost protectively into a fetal position, his body
having landed in the illusory mess that'd sloughed off of him only moments ago. These tendrils of shadow creep towards his skin, almost protectively, leeching themselves there with hardly the slightest intention of release. His breathing is ragged at best, though with a shaky hand he makes an attempt to push himself upwards.

Chakrasul looks down at you, still licking Her lips, "Mm..delicious." Tilting Her head to the side,
She offers you a crooked grin, "Stop being so weak. All I did was take the living essence. It's not
as if I forced My essence into you in exchange."

You have emoted: "It's been a while since You've had essence ripped from You, hasn't it Lady?" Nyrus attempts as he finally manages to push himself up into a sitting position. His hands appear to shake as he lifts them towards his face, his digits feeling every inch of skin as if to be sure all is where it's supposed to be. "Far from pleasant," he manages to grunt out, evidently satisfied with his inspection.

"I could have made it worse." Chakrasul states in a blunt tone, offering a faint roll of Her
shoulders.

Chakrasul says, "I could still toy with you, if you'd prefer. Make it truly painful."

You have emoted: "Azudim," Nyrus says, the single word leaving his lips with a harsh sort of grit to it. Shakily he rises to his feet, but where his body appears weak, the stubbornness in his eyes looks all too strong as he raises his gaze to meet Yours. "What is Your price?"

Arching a brow, Chakrasul says, "Are you sure you could handle Corruption filling you, mortal? It may drive you insane."

You have emoted: "Insanity is a label given to those with the drive to pursue their dreams at any
cost," Nyrus remarks as he dips his head into a slow nod. His fingers curl into apprehensive fists at his sides, and his back straightens into a more confident portrayal as if ready to endure what might come next. "If that is the price, so be it."

"This should be interesting.." Chakrasul muses, stepping back in close to you. Reaching for your
chin, She lifts your gaze to Hers, "It may lead you eventually to Me, you realize?"

You have emoted: This seems to halt Nyrus for only a moment, consideration seeming to show itself upon his countenance. Finally, he offers yet another nod of affirmation. "As I said Lady, so be it," he concludes with another slow, pensive exhalation of breath. "So be it," he echoes once more, though this time more so towards himself than You.

Chakrasul pushes you into Her throne with a shove of a hand against your chest. The darkvines of it wrap around you tightly, holding you in place. Smoothly, She glides back to being before you and presses that same hand firmly against your chest. Closing Her eyes, She seems to drift off into concentration and wild tendrils being to flare around Her hand. As Her eyes open, the tendrils plunge into the previously made wound in your chest.

You have emoted: Nyrus' fingers curl into the armrests of the throne, nails scratching at the porous stone with such force that they begin to incise small slivers into the flesh of his fingers. Despite the rapid acceleration in his breathing, a distinct sort of tenacity glimmers in his gaze as he visibly does his best to remain fully upright against the back of the throne. As the tendrils begin their sinuous descent into the wound in his chest he releases a yell that's punctuated with a hiss through gritted teeth.

The tendrils seep into your body and you feel the same burning as before, but it is far more intense in pain. The pain quickly moves from the one area near your heart to instead rush throughout your entire body - as if it is burning through the very blood that sustains you. You can feel your body warping from the inside out, your skin darkening heavily from the unnatural burning overwhelming you. Charring is visible at various joints and on the tips of extended area of your body, from your nose to the bottom and lower tips of your ears. As She pulls Her hand away, the final touch is the remaining essence pulling back into Her from the eyes - your own coming to match Hers in hue of black. Satisfied, She takes a step back and flicks Her wrist - releasing you from the bindings.

Proudly, Chakrasul says, "Much better. An Azudim of My own making."

You have emoted: Nyrus tumbles forward from the throne to land on his hands and knees, his arms trembling from the effort being sustained to simply keep him further from the ground. It is from this position that he notices first the darkened skin on his hands, and his eyes widen at the sight. Almost invigorating this sight is, as from seemingly nowhere the trembling ceases, and he rises to stand. Black eyes, not unlike Your own, glance down appraisingly to study the rest of the visible changes.

Waving Her hand towards you, Chakrasul says, "What do you think?"

You have emoted: "Lady," Nyrus begins, in what seems to be the beginning of a series of pitiful
stammers. His loss for words is as visible as it is audible as he drops his arms to his sides. "It
is... amazing, Lady," he finally concludes. His fingers uncurl, then curl inwards, as if stretching
the digits to test their grip. A snort of disbelief escapes from his nostrils, followed immediately
by a wide, yet grateful, grin. "I cannot even begin to thank You."

"I'm sure you'll find some way to do some sort of thanking." Chakrasul states, idly crossing Her
arms against Her chest as She seems distracted in watching you. After a few silent moments, She glances around the area - as if looking for something, "Suppose that should do it, then..I'm sure I have things to do. Or something to torture.."

You have emoted: "By all means lady, You will have Your payment," Nyrus humbly seems to almost blurt out, his head dipping appreciatively. "Do not allow me to take any more of Your time, thank You," he continues, his hands coming together in a gracious gesture.

Without saying anything else Chakrasul turns on Her heel and away from you.

A mirage-like ripple passes over Chakrasul's limbs, blurring and unnaturally distorting them until She altogether vanishes.

You have emoted: "Thank You," Nyrus murmurs one last time as he spares the moment to look over himself once more. His shoulders lift, his spine straightens, and with a visible sort of purpose he turns to exit the throne room.
Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
MoireanDraimanRiluoDristin[Deleted User]IshinKendri

Comments

• So that's what I accidentally logged in to....
    Moirean
  • edited February 2015
    So, Chakrasul's influence has instilled a bit of... confidence into Nyrus. It's refreshing to play, and tons of fun, even if it gets me in trouble. This followed after some brief conversation with @Hashenn:

Hashenn says, "Aye, maybe, maybe. I'm understanding directions a bit better, I was even about to brave the way to Enorian..."

You wince at Hashenn in pain.

Hashenn says, "Though last time I walked out through here, I got attacked by some cave, thing."

You say to Hashenn, "Hardly a welcoming place. They're a touch... off."

Hashenn glances to you, curious. "Hm? Not a fan? -- Oh, so it's not just me they leap at in terror." He grins.

Hashenn says, "That's kind of specifically why I want to go, I find them very funny."

You have emoted: "Well, I spent a few decades living there," Nyrus explains, his hands unfolding before him in a helpless sort of gesture. "For folks that worship fire, they sure could use some of it lit under their rears." An amused snort pushes from his nostrils.

You say to Hashenn, "They spend more time locking each other up in bedrooms and, well, let's just say 'play fighting'"

Hashenn snorts, amused. "Huh, and here I thought my friend was exaggerating. Hearing it from someone else must confirm the rumors."

Hashenn says, "No wonder one of them seemed so ... friendly."

A shimmering presence arrives, bringing with it a wave of warmth and light.

Hashenn blinks.

Hashenn says, "Uh..."

You have emoted: "No, no, hardly an exaggeration," Nyrus comments with a grunt. "Lucky you left with your cloth-" he is cut off by the abrupt warmth, his eyebrows drawing inwards.

This shimmering presence is comprised of numerous tongues of translucent flame that twist and turn slowly around the figure's body. A shining light is emanated by the core of the presence, a light that changes color sporadically, becoming red, orange, white, and gold in turn. About five feet high and possessed of graceful, female curves, the figure gives off gentle heat.A shimmering presence looks weak and feeble.
    She weighs about 1 pounds and 0 ounce(s).

Hashenn says, "... You felt that too, huh?"

You eye a shimmering presence, giving her the once over.

Hashenn's ears give a slow swivel up, curiosity taking him. ".. Is um ... Is it Her? Or just...?"

You have emoted: "Sure hope it's not Her," Nyrus grumbles beneath his breath as he takes a tiptoe forward to examine the presence a touch more closely. "Hey there, fire being," he chides in welcome, though not exactly by the sincerest of means.

A shimmering presence wistfully dances before the gates, the ethereal form shifting and roiling within its own self with vibrantly hued flame.

Hashenn scratches his head, puzzled. "Well... You did say the word. Something's here, for sure."

A shimmering presence passes through you, offering a warmth to the very core with its passing, the form shifting from its amorphous state to one more feminine and imposing.

You have emoted: Nyrus waves his voidstaff throughout the air, stygian bursts of shadow erupting from its apex that slowly blot away at the visible light in a way that causes the glowing being to stand staunchly in contrast.

Taking a brief step back, you say to Hashenn, "I uh. Well. I don't think the shadow does much against... that."

Hashenn says, "I imagine not. If it is Her, or something ... related to her, trying to destroy it is not ... Likely wise."

A shimmering presence lights up within the very darkness itself, consuming it slowly into its form. Wisps of delicate shadow being devoured in the illumination.

Hashenn finds himself taking a worried step back. "... Hello?"

A shimmering presence lowers towards Hashenn, a tendril of flame lashing out towards the Syssin, warm and gentle in its embrace as it grazes him delicately.

Hashenn freezes in place, though his webbed fingers fiddle with one another. He keeps his eyes on the figure. "... Do you know why I can't ever see any stars? There's a telescope, but the skies are always blank, even at night..."

You have emoted: "Not destroy," Nyrus corrects with an accentuated flourish of his voidstaff that sends even more ink-like blots forward to linger obtrusively upon the air. "..Just, you know, propel? Hold back?" His stammering ends abruptly as the tendril makes contact with Hashenn, and he
    waves his voidstaff in his direction. "Pit, I don't know what I am doing," he admits as he surges his forearm forward in an attempt to further increase the rate at which the slimy, murky substance expels itself.

The shadows engulfing the area quickly dissipate beneath the glow of the flames.

You have emoted: "...Pit," Nyrus curses beneath his breath as he attempts to shoo Hashenn back a few steps. "Be careful," he warns.

Hashenn raises a hand to Nyrus, silently requesting he pauses for the moment. He nods once.

A shimmering presence lurches back towards you, flame burning brightly as the illumination increases. Silently and mysteriously it moves around, fixated on the Sciomancer with an unseen gaze.

Hashenn winces, and recoils his hand. He looks to Nyrus with worry.

The blazing flames die down, returning the room to normal illumination.

You have emoted: "I've been gifted with essence from the Dark Lady Herself," Nyrus calls aloud to the illuminated being, his poise growing more confident as he stands up straighter. His chin juts upwards, leaving his ebon-hued eyes to level upon the fires almost unflinchingly. "You are but Fire, something She could extinguish even effortlessly."

The room chills perceptibly as the heat of the room is leeched out.

In a mighty conflagration, Auresae, the Goddess of Fire appears, jets of flame resolving into the glowing motes of Her eyes.

Auresae engulfs the room in torrid flame, Her form materializing from the presence as She levels Her smoldering gaze upon you, "Would She...." She intones with a bellowing deep roar.

You have emoted: "I dare say She would, had She the opportunity," Nyrus states with a tenacious sort of resolve, chin still jutted upward in a subtle act of defiance. Tendrils of shadow seem to weave their way this way and that about his form, curling up and down his arms, legs, and torso before
    dispersing like smoke in the wind. "Her essence empowers me - fresh even," the Azudim almost cockily remarks as he lifts his shirt to reveal a still-healing wound that ripples forth from his chest.

Hashenn remains where he is, limbs kept close to his body. Either he's frozen in place with fear, or with determination, it's hard to say. But the expression he wears is that of silent shock and fascination.

Auresae extends Her finger, nearly haughtily with Her regard upon the feeble mortal attempts to bestow fear within Her, "...and you stand before Me, feeble mortal." She bellows, a fiery roar in Her tone, "...You -dare- speak to Me as if She has not tried and failed, Her lust for Idar only ending the life of a weak shell for the truest strength of the spirit of Consumption, Mebrene." Her finger extending as She grabs you by either cheek in a pinching motion with Her hands, allowing the flame to smolder, not burn, but feel the heat itself boil the blood within the body, "I do ever love My Sister, and we are quite similar you know....but it will not be either of us whom end each other..
    .the folly of both of Ours to foolishly believe they are above such a stance in the great plan."

Auresae releases, tossing the head aside with a violent jerk of Her wrist, "The will of Mortal to assume that they know anything more than what they believe." She hisses, like a crackling campfire.

You notice Hashenn's eyelids are beginning to droop.

Auresae whispers quiet words of prayer, and you are surrounded by a feeling of well-being.

You have emoted: Nyrus' head jerks to the side as it's released, though the gesture does little to shake the confidence etched upon the man's poise. "You are right, m'Lady," he remarks as he lifts a finger to each of his cheeks. The tips of the digits pulse once with a cooling light as an ethereal breeze protrudes from them and onto the smoldered skin. "You continue on with your belief that one day She will not be the end of you. You will grow complacent, like those of the city you hold dear," he almost seems to purr forth. "And precisely then," he snaps a finger as if to accentuate the words. "Is when She will strike."

Hashenn blinks, and brief relief crosses his face. There's just the faintest half-smile before his mouth returns to a controlled, neutral line.

Auresae laughs, deep and rumbling in its roaring staccatto as it fills the surrounding ramparts with Her amusement, "Foolish...for something far greater will be the end of us, it is already among Us." Catching Her composure She levels Her gaze upon the mage, "There is no complacency with My Sister, there is in the belief of ours that the importance of our world is only involving themselves. My spectrum is beyond My Siblings, beyond those who praise us so staunchly...you are a sheep, and with your admission you are perfectly fine being one."

Auresae says, "When She herds you, you will follow."

Auresae says, "Your will has been sold, for ..."

Auresae waves Her hand dismissively at the world, clearly demonstrating Her boredom.

Auresae says, "Strength."

Auresae says, "Feeble...mortal....strength."

You have emoted: Nyrus raises his hands forward as he arches a brow speculatively towards Auresae. "Do you see shackles upon my wrists, Lady?" he remarks with a tilt of his head. "I do not follow Her, m'Lady, but I know strength when I see it." With an appraising once-over he studies Auresae from head to heel before commenting, "From what I saw this month? She's got far more than You, m'Lady." Vigorously now he turns to gesture towards the towering city behind him as he more loudly notes," She bears behind Her an army from the Spires, and another from Bloodloch." As if feigning a squint
    towards the south, he lifts a hand above his brow as if searching. "And You, well, You've a city of fools, more content to sit and watch You do all the work for them."

Auresae smirks.

Auresae says, "Because I do not need an army of Sheep to scare a single wolf."

For a blissful moment, all is calm and quiet in the area. Then, without warning, flames burst forth from your chest and quickly engulf your body, bringing with them a pain unlike anything you have yet known. You feel every agonizing sizzle and snap as the flames rapidly devour your skin, fat and muscle, managing only a few startled, strangled screams. An image of the Goddess of Fire's silhouette is burned into the forefront of your mind and She stands on, watching you, impartial and unaffected by your apparent agony as your tie to life is severed. The fire finishes its job, licking over your skeleton and picking it clean like some great beast, before that, too, disintegrates to a pile of blackened ash.
    You have been slain by Auresae, Goddess of Fire.
    (System): System Paused!
    (System): Afflictions Cleared!
    (System): Balances Reset!
    Experience Lost: 7500 [total: 1241053]
    The Hall of the Underking.
    This room has not been mapped.
    There are no obvious exits.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    [Deleted User]DraimanRasharMoireanDristin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Heshenn is adorable. I want to find him.
    [Deleted User]