Short Questions

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    What would I need to pay/crowd source/bribe for shop code to get semi-realistically-prioritized? >>
    MalokMoireanErzsebetPeriluna
  • So uh. Are the crafting guilds supposed to be tied together? In the sense that, if you buy all the bacon in the Delos crafting hall, all the Bacon in Spinesreach/etc all go away, too? Because they are. Was willing to believe it was just coincidence with 40 milk earlier, but all the milk, lemons, bacon, and quite a few other things are all gone from everywhere.
    imageimage
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    They've been like this for years, so I'd say it's a coded feature. It sucks, but we've already idea'd multiple times for base amounts to be upped, given the new ability to cache them.

Given your established membership as a crafter and actually answering your own question in your own post, this seems more like a thinly veiled feature request (which, again, has already been made) and not an actual question, which is what this thread is for.

For reference, they reset at Howling.
  • The question, was if it was intended or not. I wasn't aware it's been a thing for years, as I haven't ever had a cook before. Only running into this now because I'm playing with fumology things. I'd thank you to not read intentions that aren't mine into my posts. Were this a request, rather than a question, this would be in the crafting ideas thread.
    imageimage
    Perhaps that is where it should be, then. :)
    IshinErzsebet
  • Mrreow!! 
    TozTragerIshinHavenJensen
  • Are packs not a thing that Lycanthropes can form anymore? I can't seem to find any information about them anywhere, so I'm assuming not...but I thought I'd ask anyways.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    You can - <8421/7698h 4724/4724m 33594e 21900w <eb> > <16:49:57:393> ab shapeshifting packs
    Shapeshifting - Packs

Packs

The basic group of the lycanthropes, packs are led by a single leader
    whose job it is to ensure the success of the group. To form a pack, one
    must first invite him/herself into the pack, and then begin inviting
    other members. The following are the basic commands of a pack:

PACK INVITE - Invites someone into your pack
    PACK ACCEPT - Accepts an invitation
    PACK QUIT - Quits your current pack
    PACK STATUS - Explains some of the status of your pack
    PACK MEMBERS - Lists the members of your pack
    PWHO - Lists who is in the realm from your pack
    PT - Talks to your pack
    PTON/PTOFF - Turns your pack channel on or off
    PACK RANKINGS - Lists a ranking of all packs

The following are commands that are available to the Alpha of a pack:

PACK REMOVE - Removes someone from your pack
    PACK PROMOTE - Allow others to induct to your pack
    PACK LEADER - Replaces yourself as the Alpha
    PACK CHALLENGE - Challenges another pack.
    PACK AGREE TO - Agrees to a challenge type
    PACK DECLINE - Fold your tail under your legs and cower in fear.

Pack challenges are a way to fight against another pack and gain
    rankings for your own pack. When one pack challenges, the challenged
    pack gets to pick the type of challenge. There are currently two types
    of challenges. In a QUARRY challenge, the objective is to hunt denizens
    and beasts. In a DOMINANCE challenge, the objective is to hunt the other
    pack. A pack that loses will suffer a significant blow to their status.

A pack leader that fails to either decline or accept will be assumed to
    have forfeit after three months of time.
  • Ah ha, thanks. Apparently PACKS isn't listed in AB SHAPESHIFTING. Weird.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • It is, and remains a question. And a short one, at that. That makes this the thread the query belongs in.

You're not a moderator, stop trying to police where I post things.
    imageimage
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Erzsebet said:

It is, and remains a question. And a short one, at that. That makes this the thread the query belongs in.

You're not a moderator, stop trying to police where I post things.

umadbro?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Erzsebet
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    edited February 2015
    I think we overmoderate the forums sometimes and even I have to stop by and say this is a childish mess of a derail. Move on.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    HavenMalok
  • My question still stands? Is the only reason I kept posting personally. Questions have a way of getting lost in this thread when other people handwave them off. Question being if it's intentional or if it's just broken and hasn't been gotten around to getting fixed as yet.

Also: How long is the duration one has to wait to try to re-shed one's skin with the snakeskin relic artifact?
    imageimage
    Erzsebet said:

My question still stands? Is the only reason I kept posting personally. Questions have a way of getting lost in this thread when other people handwave them off. Question being if it's intentional or if it's just broken and hasn't been gotten around to getting fixed as yet.

Also: How long is the duration one has to wait to try to re-shed one's skin with the snakeskin relic artifact?

It's the way it was designed. I'll check with Raz about raising the sales cap. Snakeskin is once an hour per HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS.
    [---]
  • If I buy an Iron Membership, do I get the first months credits immediately? Or do you only get the 100 bound after paying for the second month?
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited February 2015
    Immediately after your payment processes.

Eta: Usually 5 minutes or so at most. Though I want to say the website warns it can take up to 24 hours if your bank is stupid slow. I've never had a purchase process slower than 5 minutes or so.
    imageimage
  • What parts of GMCP does blackout disable?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• I'm not sure that information is even on the IRE gmcp database. I don't think afflictions are a part of it, but if you are logged in hit me up and we can find out.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Toz said:

What parts of GMCP does blackout disable?

Azzello said:

I'm not sure that information is even on the IRE gmcp database. I don't think afflictions are a part of it, but if you are logged in hit me up and we can find out.

Last I heard, maybe a month or so ago, tracking affs via GMCP was a no-no, because not all of them worked, or something like that. Unsure about blackout affecting what comes in though.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Toz said:

What parts of GMCP does blackout disable?

I think most things but its more getting the gmcp resent then it disabling.. But I could be wrong ..

and affs are not on GMCP never have and dont think it will ever be!
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Is there a way to make Aetolia quit enabling xterm when I log in?
  • If you do do CONFIG XTERM NEVER it should permanently keep it off!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Aldric said:

If you do do CONFIG XTERM NEVER it should permanently keep it off!

<3
    edited February 2015
    How do I use an upgrade token?

NVM figured it out. Woooot level 3 str. I buff!
    IshinMalok
  • Someone told me that Shapeshifters can switch between the different types Bear/Wolf/Boar/Croc, etc. I've found this not to be the case. Am I missing something? I have a friend who is a Werecroc, but wishes to join my pack I'm forming of Werewolves. Halp!
    As far as I know, you need to quit class and then start the quest fresh over, unfortunately.
  • Ohhh. So if you have 0 lessons invested into the class, I imagine this would constitute the whole 'You can switch for free' thing that I heard of?
    Yes.
    Malok
  • Malok said:

Ohhh. So if you have 0 lessons invested into the class, I imagine this would constitute the whole 'You can switch for free' thing that I heard of?

@Malok even with lessons invested you can switch it just does the 50% lesson loss from quitting a class.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Malok
    Now that the free lesson refund period for Shapeshifters has ended, I'm looking into a less painful way to switch types. There will still be a cost involved, but nothing so significant. 
    [---]
    ArekaMalokTeaniArbreKendri