Blood Hunt upon the Carnifex

edited February 2015 in Harpy's Head Tavern
NVM, this was a bad idea.

CattyMoirean

Comments

• Oh, can fancy mod be so kind as to move this to the correct category, apparently I don't know how to pick one out :-/

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited February 2015
    Well I cannot share IC info here, more so because it goes against my unwritten rule of, "What happens IG should stays IG" and also because I feel it is better to not air things like this in a manner that cause people to be upset or spoil the current role-play that goes with it. What I will say however is this. I spoke OOC to Moirean a few times and explained if it gets out of hand to say so and I will shut Nebre’seir down for a few days to let people cool their heels.

I have even suggested to Moirean and others involved that we should try not to attack the Carnifex unless they get in our way, as they are just a symptom of the real issue as well as to not attack each others sides in their cities, because this is a private thing and should not drag involve others.

Now in terms of dragging cities into this. Well it is human nature to drag other people into fights from time to time and it could be a good thing for the shadow side to shake up things. So without giving much away let me reassure you Bloodloch is not getting involve and it will not. This "event" is only between the Houses and the Primeval, sadly the Carnifex are being named in it as its leadership ordered members to leave Houses and instead join the Primeval. This is unfortunate IC info that was shared by several parties and got back to House leaders. So anything said here is not relevant to what we learnt from other Dominion members.

Lastly, I cannot and will not say what will happen to the Carnifex as that is something to discuss IC with House leaders and the Primeval.

I just hope it can stay self contained and be resolved fairly for all involved :)

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited February 2015
    Riluo said:

This "event" is only between the Houses and the Primeval, sadly the Carnifex are being named in it as its leadership ordered members to leave Houses and instead join the Primeval. This is unfortunate IC info that was shared by several parties and got back to House leaders.

That's not true at all. I even showed you the post.

I'm a bit meh that PK is the only way this seems to have been considered for this to go. I'm not upset or anything, and I'm going to do my best to try to see that stuff stays compartmentalized and enjoyable, but I do think there are other routes for conflict and interaction. Constant PK without any sort of metric, goal or ending conditions is not something everyone finds exciting. I don't think anyone is being ganked yet, but it does change the feel of the game. For example, I just qq'd for the night because I'm only half-here and can't multitask and bash/hang out with the threat of PK there.
  • I don't understand what your goal is with this thread. It seems like a pretty extensive forum rp attempt or like, some way to OOCLY set some parameters or something to the conflict? Which is cool, but:

I'm not sure how you expect it to lead to anything other than discussions over the things you've somewhat, ah. I mean I don't want to sound like a dick, but I'm not sure it's really your place to flag other people's legitimate discussion as abuse just because it's not what you wanted to do with the conversation.
  • @Rashar -- you make a fair point, I tend towards trying to control what few things I start, even if it's not technically my place. That said, I already deleted my original post because I realize I can't control it, even if I flag all things.

@Xenia - I guess I should have made this more clear via ToQ, but Riluo and I have been talking OOCly about this from the start and trying to ensure that stuff doesn't get out of hand and stays fun. Ezalor and I also chatted about people being safe while visiting BL/the guildhall. So, your concerns have been considered, for sure, and I think we're all aiming to ensure it doesn't spill over or get griefy.
    XeniaRiluo
  • Moirean said:

I'm a bit meh that PK is the only way this seems to have been considered for this to go. I'm not upset or anything, and I'm going to do my best to try to see that stuff stays compartmentalized and enjoyable, but I do think there are other routes for conflict and interaction. Constant PK without any sort of metric, goal or ending conditions is not something everyone finds exciting. I don't think anyone is being ganked yet, but it does change the feel of the game. For example, I just qq'd for the night because I'm only half-here and can't multitask and bash/hang out with the threat of PK there.

Maybe I am misunderstanding this, or maybe my understanding of it is being influenced by other conversations, complaints, etc that I've heard and dealt with. If so, then I apologize ahead of time. That said...

I am guessing @Moirean is saying that it is not true that the Carnifex was ordering members to leave Houses? Or is it just that you were not ordering them to join the Primeval clan? If it is the latter, then yes, from what I saw, they were not being told they had to join the clan. If it is the former, then I call bullshit. I have read messages sent to House members, in which they were told that they must leave their House. This info was shared IC, incase anyone is wondering about that.

So far as the Constant Pk without any sort of metric, goal or ending conditions... I'm confused. So far as I know, when I dueled Aldric at North of Trees, is the only pk that happened related to it all. Yes, I have tried to engage @Moirean in a fight, but never received a response, and when I managed to trap her, she escaped. At Lessers, nobody has been attacked over it. Nobody attacked while out bashing. So.. Where is the 'constant PK?' And there were goals stated in the Public posts. There were ending conditions stated. Naturally, I don't actually expect anyone to meet the conditions Yarel set. I could not ever see myself actually hounding another player until they did what he demanded. All in all, I really do think that those of us who would like to see some PK out of this, have shown a great deal of restraint and good sense.

• edited February 2015
    I'm going to preemptively state that an eye is being kept on this thread, if it becomes anything less than civil it will be shut down.
    Dristin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I think the Dominion has great potential. It might help if it was given a mechanical function though that the Houses can use to place their stamp on the world. Actually, I think the Dominion would be a great platform to begin the introduction of a guild conflict system. Something the Vampire houses can put up that others can tear down if they so chose.

Perhaps the Dominion can be used for a revamp of the landmarks system too. The Houses collectively work together to establish and craft monuments to their "glory" that unlock bonuses at different tiers. Abhorash's power or maybe something related to Chak infused into the monuments affects the sun somehow or the world at large. Could be made into a giant growing quest. Possibilities are endless really.

As for the feud between the players... Someone has to lose. I think it's important that the leaders come up with attainable goals that can determine success or failure, even if it must be done OOCly first. It kind of reminds me of when Slyphe's Order skirmished with Chakrasul's Order about that temple our in the forest. Maybe the Primeval or whatever they're called can capture and hold a symbolic thing of vampires and make it their own as a victory/failure for this Bloodhunt. Maybe make an event or transform the Lich Gardens or the Feral Caves or whatever in response to this. Just ideas throwing out there. But yeah, there needs to be clear goals for both sides that are attainable to measure success/failure.

Hell, you could even put in the threat of losing a House status and giving it up to the new "rogue" House as something on the line. That'd be neat.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    RiluoIshin
  • edited February 2015
    I absolutely love the Queen of the Damned movie, and this clip reminds me of this conflict going on. Sub out Lestat with the Primeval, and the vamps in the crowd with the Dominion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KyIW8CcfQrw&x-yt-ts=1422579428&x-yt-cl=85114404#t=164

EDIT: Start at 3 minutes!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    ArbreIshin
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Aldric said:

Lestat

AshmerIshin
    edited February 2015
    @Yarel I'm not saying that people are being ganked nonstop. I'm saying a blood hunt as a mechanic is just pk. No objectives, no end goals, no metric to determine anything. Just pk until bored or one side gives up. I was commenting on the blood hunt mechanic itself and how I don't personally find it engaging.
    Yarel said:

Moirean said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding this, or maybe my understanding of it is being influenced by other conversations, complaints, etc that I've heard and dealt with. If so, then I apologize ahead of time. That said...

I am guessing @Moirean is saying that it is not true that the Carnifex was ordering members to leave Houses? Or is it just that you were not ordering them to join the Primeval clan? If it is the latter, then yes, from what I saw, they were not being told they had to join the clan. If it is the former, then I call bullshit. I have read messages sent to House members, in which they were told that they must leave their House. This info was shared IC, incase anyone is wondering about that.

Info being shared IC does not automatically make it true. If anything, that makes it more suspect, as characters all have IC agendas and motivations skewing what they say. I think clarifying any further edges into forum RP territory.
  • Moirean said:
    @Yarel I'm not saying that people are being ganked nonstop. I'm saying a blood hunt as a mechanic is just pk. No objectives, no end goals, no metric to determine anything. Just pk until bored or one side gives up. I was commenting on the blood hunt mechanic itself and how I don't personally find it engaging.
    Ah, alright. Sorry, I did misundertand what you were talking about.
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    I read Jensen's latest post and I was wondering, 'What happens if I honors Jensen tomorrow and it returns "There is no such person, I'm afraid."'

Jensen
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I think I'll live
    Trager