Charlotte, NC February meet?

Comments

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Ill likely be in Lenoir during then, not sure I'd have time to join in tho
  • Now that we have our flight and the convention schedule all worked out, it looks like if anyone wants to meet up with me specifically, the best time will be Friday morning, because I'm free practically the whole morning and could potentially leave the hotel/convention center for an hour or two. I'll have a bit of free time Saturday and Sunday morning, but I won't really be able to leave the hotel/convention center then.

• Any specific details? I might be able to swing it. Might. It's about 7-8 hours... But I have not hugged @Toz in a long time.
    Ishin
  • Faerah said:

Any specific details? I might be able to swing it. Might. It's about 7-8 hours... But I have not hugged @Toz in a long time.

Will drive for @Faerah hugs.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Ishin
  • I'll be taking a vacation around then so I can definitely drive up.
    IshinMalok
  • I'd still like to come to this thing, but before committing, I'd like it if we could actually come up with a gameplan. I also still need to prod @Callidora into coming with me, because she's a chicken. :P
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I mean, I live here. So you guys just tell me what you decide :stuck_out_tongue:
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Oleis said:

I mean, I live here. So you guys just tell me what you decide :stuck_out_tongue:

YET I HAVE STILL NOT SEEN YOU.
    Dristin said:

Oleis said:

:(
    [---]
  • Well, time-frame wise, like I said, I'm really only particularly free Friday morning.
    I also will have no means of transport, because we're staying at the hotel/convention center. So, for MY purposes, the easiest thing would be to meet somewhere close to the hotel.
    Soooo, Locals? What's within walking distance? Go!

• Dristin said:
    He doesn't like us. Even when he SAYS "Hey, let's do lunch before you move." Lies. All lies.
    Dristin
  • If anyone in Georgia wanted to go let me know. I can fit four uncomfortably. Eight if anyone is brave enough to ride in the bed of the truck.
  • Periluna said:

Dristin said:

Oleis said:

He doesn't like us. Even when he SAYS "Hey, let's do lunch before you move." Lies. All lies.
    Yeah I scared him off, sorry guys!

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

Dristin
    I have had as many brunches with @Toz in the last 12 months as I have with one of my best friends. Don't take it personally. :(
    [---]
    Aryanne
  • Eugenides said:

If anyone in Georgia wanted to go let me know. I can fit four uncomfortably. Eight if anyone is brave enough to ride in the bed of the truck.

I kinda wish I'd be coming from Georgia now.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    AshmerAryanne
  • Hey just seen the thread I'm only an hour south of Charlotte if I don't have to work that weekend I should probably be able to swing by
    Malok
  • Hey just seen the thread I'm only an hour south of Charlotte if I don't have to work that weekend I should probably be able to swing by
  • Aryanne said:

Now that we have our flight and the convention schedule all worked out, it looks like if anyone wants to meet up with me specifically, the best time will be Friday morning, because I'm free practically the whole morning and could potentially leave the hotel/convention center for an hour or two. I'll have a bit of free time Saturday and Sunday morning, but I won't really be able to leave the hotel/convention center then.

Friday mornings are full up for me, unfortunately - could skip the club meeting for afternoon stuff, but I work all morning.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

I will be in Lenoir next Wednesday for about a week-week and a half. Could swing Charlotte. Will also be in eugenides territory in march
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    That Friday SHOULD still work for me. I obviously have to be back to teach Saturday classes, but Charlotte is a... oh, four hour drive for me? I could stand leaving there in the afternoon. Who knows, maybe I'll have a Significant Other to drag along with me on the nerdy adventure.

So, just to start getting a schedule straight:

@Aryanne, what time in the morning are you around? I figure setting that point first would be good, and then we can figure out what the rest of us lonely pilgrims will do after that.

If you're going to be there on Friday the 19th, say aye. (I'm LOOKING AT YOU @OLEIS).

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Aryanne
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Still going to try to make it, but no promises. Timing chain is smoked on my car. :(

Gonna have to get another one T_T
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:

Still going to try to make it, but no promises. Timing chain is smoked on my car. :(
    Gonna have to get another one T_T

That very same thing happened to me the last car I had. It broke and destroyed the entire engine. Very brutal stuff.

On topic, I'm not sure I will be coming to this thing. It depends on how dependable of a vehicle I can bring down there, and what the solid plan becomes.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Ashmer said:

That Friday SHOULD still work for me. I obviously have to be back to teach Saturday classes, but Charlotte is a... oh, four hour drive for me? I could stand leaving there in the afternoon. Who knows, maybe I'll have a Significant Other to drag along with me on the nerdy adventure.

So, just to start getting a schedule straight:

@Aryanne, what time in the morning are you around? I figure setting that point first would be good, and then we can figure out what the rest of us lonely pilgrims will do after that.

If you're going to be there on Friday the 19th, say aye. (I'm LOOKING AT YOU @OLEIS).

19th is a Thursday. I'm good for Friday I think!
    [---]
    Aryanne
  • @ashmer (and everyone else, but he asked specifically)

Friday morning I have nothing to do until a 1:00pm meeting.

So, I am free all morning (I'll get up as early as anyone is available). If I get back to the hotel, etc. by 12:30, that would give me plenty of time to get to the meeting.

But, again, I have no transportation. So, either something near the hotel, or someone who can reliably drive me back in time would need to pick me up.
    For reference, I'll be at:
    Westin Charlotte
    601 South College Street Charlotte, North Carolina, 28202

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    I was looking at the wrong month on my calendar here at the studio, apparently. Thanks, @Oleis. <.<

And good!

Okay, everyone who's in for Friday say aye.

@Hugo
    @Toz
    @Solaria
    @Faerah
    @Malok
    @Jensen

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Aryanne
    God help me for suggesting this, but are we okay with an early breakfast? I have obligations from 10-1.
    [---]
    Aryanne
  • I'd be fine with that, personally @oleis!

• I won't be off work 'til 1:30 or so, and I have to be headed in at like 8:30 - so can't manage anything in the morning. If anyone's hanging out and still down here after 1:30/wants to do stuff Sat. or Sun. let me know?

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

I work 630am-5pm. I can do a dinner at best
  • Ehh. I would have to take off Friday (and drive through the night Thursday after work) to be in Charlotte in the morning. Sat/Sun I'd be open for things, if I did go. I might just stalk @Toz that weekend (or some other weekend) and see who else we can drum up. @Olethea said she might come too... Syssin invasion?