Short Questions

Comments

• RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Nope, I ended up making some changes to the gateways contention instead.
    Kendri
  • cool so any plans for next week?
  • I have a question. Sometime ago I believe it was discussed that Sciomancers/Ascendril would be getting reworked a bit and it was either stated or implied that Enchantment would become a Mercantile skill. Is that no longer happening?
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Malok said:

I have a question. Sometime ago I believe it was discussed that Sciomancers/Ascendril would be getting reworked a bit and it was either stated or implied that Enchantment would become a Mercantile skill. Is that no longer happening?

We're focusing on balancing and fleshing out the current classes right now, including (as Lim shouted out) some relatively big changes to the existing skills by @Keroc. @Razmael made the decision (announced at the most recent town hall if you'd like a log to reference with a little more explanation) to focus our (exceptionally limited) resources on new content and significant maintenance tasks for the time being. The mage revamps that were announced two years ago no longer exist in any form. We DO still keep notes of potential revamp concepts, and we DO have ideas ready for the intensive design process should we choose to roll one into the schedule. I'm not going to say whether the Mage classes would be near the top of the priority heap; that distinction changes pretty frequently.

While we're meeting soon to develop our internal plan and timeline for the year, I can assure you that the ways of the past are done. You won't hear about a revamp from us unless it's in testing and ready to release. Buttcheeks burned, lessons learned.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    ObynIshinTeani
  • Not relevant to the bit on enchantment being a mercantile skill, but since the changes introducing tones, and a relatively recent update to affliction/tone effects, mages are very much pk viable at present. 
    ObynTeaniIshin
  • Now that the monument skill in survival (landmarks, since the name was randomly changed) is learned at 0% inept, and includes the ability to memorize 10 places, does the map artifact even have a point anymore?
    imageimage
  • Does changing your Haven environment permit appropriate plants to be grown there?
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    @Razmael @Oleis is racial endgame blood regeneration broken as I have not regained any in 2 hours with all defs turned off?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Anyone know how often custom haven entrances get reviewed?
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Malok said:

Anyone know how often custom haven entrances get reviewed?

Would like to know as well, as I submitted mine sometime around the beginning of December. (Do customizing artifacts also take this long?)
  • They do, yes. Was my impression that they don't get looked at super often. The haven entrances seem to be checked less frequently than artifacts or custom shouts do, but the latter can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months in my experience.
    imageimage
    Malok
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited January 2015
    So...are really subjective, nit-picky customization rejections what we're doing now? Any chance of getting a way to comment on these, because some of these rejections are completely ridiculous.

ETA: I'd go into details on why, but some of my alts aren't really known as mine. This one though:

Message #6735 Sent By: (aetolia) Received On: 1/24/2015/1:47
    "Your custom shout has been rejected for the following reason: Considering that
    you are shouting, your shout doesn't really make sense to involve layered
    whispers.."

Uh. There are people (mortals) who have crashing waves and fire and haunted souls and all kinds of magical shenanigans in their shouts.
    imageimage
    Malok
  • I think there might be a difference between using a simile or some such, and implying that something is legitimately happening. For instance, my thunderous rumble might slide across the realm like a tidal wave, but it isn't actually going to make you wet.

Usually.

But then again, we're all supposedly telepaths anyway with tells. I can also fly, breathe underwater, light myself on fire, carry 37374858 suits of plate mail, and not die when Menelaus shouts a joke. So hey, where does the line get drawn!?

IshinAldricJensenYarel
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited January 2015
    Moi giggles everytime she shouts, while shouting, my alt has crackling flames backing her voice etc, the person doing rejections is suddenly and apropos of nothing enforcing something that if it was applied to everyone else, would hit at least half of the people who have them's shouts.

One of the shouts was literally three words and the character's name and got rejected because two of the words hold similar meanings. One of them was rejected because the person apparently has no idea how voices work, how someone's voice could have a hard, cold edge.

These rejections are ridiculous.

ETA: To be clear, not picking on Moi for her shout, IMO it's whatev, she just shouts a lot, so hers came to mind as an easy example.
    imageimage
    Malok
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I changed my shout once. People were like "Oh darn, no more giggles piercing my brain" and so I changed it back to teach them to use sarcasm on an Imp. :)
    Ishin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Riluo said:

@Razmael @Oleis is racial endgame blood regeneration broken as I have not regained any in 2 hours with all defs turned off?

I tested it again today and still no regen of blood at all in 1 hour without using any skills at all.

• Is Arena mod class pick broken?? As for past few weeks its not worked as intended, it strips all my skills and shows my 'guilded' skills as yellow which is like I've not got them..

Also at the ARENA watching room, diagnose person, still is broken .. and I've bugged it twice now ..

But mainly is arena mod classpick no longer working? I like using it to test different classes but kind of cant if nothing works in it
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Nalor said:

Is Arena mod class pick broken?? As for past few weeks its not worked as intended, it strips all my skills and shows my 'guilded' skills as yellow which is like I've not got them..

Also at the ARENA watching room, diagnose person, still is broken .. and I've bugged it twice now ..

But mainly is arena mod classpick no longer working? I like using it to test different classes but kind of cant if nothing works in it

It's broken. The pre-revamp class system used a lot of really disgusting hacks to make it work properly, and I haven't been able to track down all the ways to fix it properly just yet. I'm working on it, slowly.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Ashmer
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Does anyone else hate when your IC persona is such a evil prick that it makes you cringe ooc. I just hate being mean to people I like sometimes. :|

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    qeb flick syringes

RiluoIshinSetne
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Yeah evil oasis ftl

• @Riluo I haven't personally played any obviously evil alts. For Riluo, though, and the rest in the same boat, there is only one solution.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    IshinRiluoPeriluna
  • what are gems and how do I get them? and before someone says, "ask Icly" I'll say this: I HAVE. I'm getting frustrated with everyone's apparent decision to log in and forget they are logged in or something. I'm sorry...but..it's FRUSTRATING. >.>
  • Sakyl said:

what are gems and how do I get them? and before someone says, "ask Icly" I'll say this: I HAVE. I'm getting frustrated with everyone's apparent decision to log in and forget they are logged in or something. I'm sorry...but..it's FRUSTRATING. >.>

If you men the gems in Siha Dylis, they were from an event. You can't really get them anymore, iirc. So, you'd have to find people who are looking to sell them (which is quite possibly few and far inbetween at this point - but try the MARKET channel for best results).
    Ishin
    Sakyl said:

what are gems and how do I get them? and before someone says, "ask Icly" I'll say this: I HAVE. I'm getting frustrated with everyone's apparent decision to log in and forget they are logged in or something. I'm sorry...but..it's FRUSTRATING. >.>

Sorry, I usually have an auto-response that says I'm afk, I just forgot to enable it. I stay logged in to help assist people with tracking when lessers and stuff were, so it's not accidental and does have a purpose.
  • Riluo said:

Does anyone else hate when your IC persona is such a evil prick that it makes you cringe ooc. I just hate being mean to people I like sometimes. :|

Yeah. I've never been good at playing evil. I can do it for a short time, but can't sustain it. It's why I end up playing quasi-neutral characters more often than anything else: it's as close as I can get to being evil and still enjoy it.
    Teani
  • I've found it's always a good idea to give yourself an out. Maybe they're not worth your time/you have something more important to do, or you get tired of tormenting them, or you want to let them build back up because it's no longer fun to tear them down. You can usually find some way to give them an OOC break without necessarily just letting them off the hook IC - the next step is, then, to figure out how to read people enough to know when you're reaching the point of being an unfun adversary from an OOC standpoint.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

IshinRiluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    @razmael @oleis

So wanted to test out the saddlebags for selling a few basic vials. This is the help file info:

Some stores around the realm offer mount armour or saddlebags to further improve your mount. You can equip them with GIVE mountarmor|saddlebags TO mount. Regarding saddlebags, you may then PUT item IN mount and TAKE item FROM mount as you would with a regular container.

This is the result, is this a bug or did I overlook something?

You wrap your tail around a set of leather saddlebags and retrieve it.
    H:6791 M:4972 E:29400 W:21885 B:88% Mad:0% XP:20% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]give saddlebags to dragon
    You give a set of leather saddlebags to the elder dragon, Re'augar.
    H:6791 M:4972 E:29400 W:21885 B:88% Mad:0% XP:20% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]put vial in dragon
    That does not seem to fit inside the elder dragon, Re'augar.
    H:6791 M:4972 E:29400 W:21885 B:88% Mad:0% XP:20% [csdb eb] [eas ftr]

Is there any trick to fix the message display on website? Sometimes it'll get all sorts of funky and messages can't be read.