Sanguis ideas

1235»

Comments

• It seems like there's a pretty decent consensus about making vamp-related skills that don't have any bearing on PK accessible beyond the specific class you're in, but my question I suppose for @Oleis is whether or not we should be making this into a report. Some of it has been touched in a previous report, but I'm not entirely sure what you'd like us to do from here regarding that aspect of vampires in particular.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Moirean
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Can we move the sword abilities from sanguis to corpus and then do the shared class skill ** Praenomen only tags for them? The skill is going to look like an unorganized yardsale if we keep amending it with things that dont fit.
    MalokErzsebetIshin
  • edited January 2015
    I know that more people than just me this round have submitted ideas for Sanguis with the liaison system, but I didn't get a chance to hear anyone's thoughts in the Oasis clan or otherwise with the two reports I just put up, before I had to go to work. If anyone checks it out and would like to destroy me or something, please post it in this thread in response to this comment. I have to go to work now and I'd like to check it out later on when I get time at work.(It's a Friday, god help me.)

The reports are 1903 and 1904.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Malok said:

If anyone checks it out and would like to destroy me or something, please post it in this thread in response to this comment.

Haven't read them very closely, but my first impression is that the reports are rather vague, and some solutions rather far-fetched (solution 2 in 1903 especially).

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Can you paste them here? At work.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    @Moirean these are @Malok's

Report #1903
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Submitted by: Malok Status : Unsubmitted
    Skillset : Sanguis Skillname : Sever
    Creation Date: 2015/01/23 20:41:15
    Submitted Date:
    [ ]Archive
    Problem:
    Using this skill as an example of my point, Sanguis has the problem of being a generally useless skillset for most of its skills. If you look at any of the new designed classes and skillsets over the past 5-6 years or so, you will see that every single skill seems to have a distinct use or purpose. In this example for Sanguis, Sever literally just kills your minion. This might be useful if you didn't automatically do it when you summoned a new one, or when you died, etc. It's a skillthat has almost no use to any person who has it, like the majority of the rest of the skillset.
    Solution #1:
    Condense or remove a lot of the skills that either don't see any use or could be categorized under one skill. For example, Will, Monitor, Vision, Gift, and Beckon which can all be used on other players who have been embraced by you could be condensed into a skill called BloodBond or something to make more room for future newly designed skills.
    Solution #2:
    Move many of these skills into a skill in Corpus, and redesign the entire skillset to be more generally flavorful, useful, and up to date.
    Solution #3:
    Keep the skills where they are, but go through and reevaluate the numbers on all of them, including the pets to rebalance them for the insane amount of damage reduction that exists in Aetolia now compared to when the skillset was designed 14 years ago.
    Decision:
    Report #1904
    Submitted by: Malok Status : Unsubmitted
    Skillset : Sanguis Skillname : Affinity
    Creation Date: 2015/01/23 21:06:05
    Submitted Date:
    [ ]Archive
    Problem:
    Affinity is one of the more interesting skills in the entirety of Sanguis, being that it's one of the few that has a use outside of PVP. However, this skill's extreme usefulness outside of PVP has contributed to the idea of Sanguis being a 'PVE' skill. Below are some proposed changes I have that I think would make the skill more useful and interesting to both sides of this coin.
    Solution #1:
    Make Affinity have a different use for each minion type that you use it on. IE: Skeleton gives you the same damage reduction that we're used to, Ghast gives you slightly faster whispers, Wight gives you more maximum health, Wraith allows your whispers to deal mana damage, etc.
    Solution #2:
    Use the same idea as Solution #1, but allow the Affinity user to specify which bonus they'd like when they summon the minion of their choice: IE: raise corpse as health wight, raise corpse as speed ghast, etc.
    Solution #3:
    Make the ability destroy your minion, and put its essence or blood inside of you, as a one hour defence. Then based on which Sanguis pet you did it with you gain a different effect, at the cost of a malus. Similar to the Starchart, but not necessarily a stat, but more along the ideas of Solution
    #1 and #2.
    Decision:
    ---------------------------

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

The first one is too broad to work as a single report. Reports should be tangible and discrete problems with potential solutions but the first one proposes a skill set revamp.

The second one is a cool idea but the problem is not written in a way that will get it looked at.
  • I went ahead and deleted both reports, as clearly what I think should be done is not within the scope of the liaisons. I'll just sit back and pray someone gets the class fixed sometime soon.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Because I couldn't think of an actual decent kill condition. I submitted a report to try to get Praenomen to have at least something to work forward instead of just "Imma lolbash you and pray for the best." With any luck, its approved as I believe it is a very viable solution. For anyone who hasn't checked the report:

Report #1393
    Submitted by: Zsadist
    Skillset : Mentis
    Skillname : Whispers
    Creation Date: 2015/01/21 21:45:57
    Submitted Date: 2015/01/21 23:16:31
    [ ]Archive
    Problem:
    With non-Rituos Praenomen being a very underclassed class and the only route possible is a damage
    route, which only works against those who do not own any or many artifacts, this leaves them open to
    no real kill condition or kill route. With the few whispers the Praenomen have access to, they have
    the potential to have a lock route, but are unable to complete this route effectively due to not
    having a kelp affliction to push the lock route.
    Solution #1:
    Add in the ability to whisper the Weariness affliction into Mentis that would only be whisperable by
    non-Rituos Praenomen, similar to how Berserking and the Biles work. The reason weariness would be
    the chosen affliction to whisper is because it would run in line with the general usage of Mentis
    being focus based afflictions.
    Solution #2:
    Add in the ability to whisper A kelp affliction into Mentis that would only be whisperable by non-
    Rituos Praenomen, similar to how Berserking and the Biles work. Solution #1 is preferred as
    weariness would not be a huge buff and is already a focusable affliction, similar to the rest of
    what Mentis is.

Actually Malok. I can help you write up reports for your ideas because they are good and I agree that there could be 1 skill that holds all the minions and 1 skill that holds all the Sire/Childer stuff. Thing with reports is that you have to point out 1 problem and offer solutions for that 1 problem. Typically, this makes people work together to put in a multitude of reports to buff/nerf a class.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Ishin
  • Zsadist said:

Actually Malok. I can help you write up reports for your ideas because they are good and I agree that there could be 1 skill that holds all the minions and 1 skill that holds all the Sire/Childer stuff. Thing with reports is that you have to point out 1 problem and offer solutions for that 1 problem. Typically, this makes people work together to put in a multitude of reports to buff/nerf a class.

It may be too late, though Id be willing to give it a shot if we are both around before the Monday deadline. I just think the problems with Sanguis are more than 'Adjust this number higher'. I guess my reports were more idea based than what it should have been for the scope of a liaison report. Maybe I'm wrong though. I dunno.
  • The thing with an entire skillset restructure is you gotta take baby steps. Thats what the liaison reports are for really, allowing us to have the baby steps before we get up and go all juggernaut. Next time you come online, hit me up. I'll go ahead and start re-writing out your reports that will be more inline with how the liaison system works, that way, all you have to do is c/p them and submit.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Ishin
    I liked my idea, but I don't have enough reports to put them into prae stuff.
  • @Moirean, send me a link to your idea and I'll find a Praenomen to submit it.