I'm not a Priest Anymore

So, I just logged in to see what was going on, and I didn't have any class skills. Then I looked, and I have 5714 lessons. Then I read my messages, and there's no such thing as a priest class... I'm sad now.

So, my quesstions start: What's the best class for me?

I'm level 54, have a ton of lessons, zero gold, and am only interested in PVE right now. I'm in Duiran, and would rather not change to a different city. I'd rather not dump any more money into this game right now. What's the best/strongest tri-trans bashing class? Are there any leveling area guides I'm overlooking, as I have no idea how to get anywhere. Any basic systems (if not, I can work up my own).

Thanks in advance folks.

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Shaman is the new Druid class, and for bashing it is really, really beefy. It's also Duiran-based, so that's a benefit to you. I'm biased, though, because I adore the Shamans.

For leveling area guide, look at AREAS in game. To use the number, do PATH FIND #, PATH GO and it'll take you there like a mapper would. Also look into HELP FIRSTAID, which is like a basic curing system built into the game. Beyond that, systems depend on what client you use.
  • edited January 2015
    All of the legacy classes have been completely removed. The Luminaries have taken their place, so if you still want to go priest, they're the ones you want. Monk/Zealot are pretty excellent bashing classes, too. Monks are based in Duiran, so you'll probably want to go with them if you're interested. I'll echo Arbre's advice about AREAS. Systems-wise, there's a few free ones on the forums here. Oasis and Entropy, namely.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • Arbre said:

For leveling area guide, look at AREAS in game. To use the number, do PATH FIND #, PATH GO and it'll take you there like a mapper would. Also look into HELP FIRSTAID, which is like a basic curing system built into the game. Beyond that, systems depend on what client you use.

Ah, the areas command is very nice, thanks. First Aid is probably good enough for me as well, I can cobble together triggers for other stuff.
  • If you're trying to stick with Duiran and want bashing, Monk is probably your best bet. Numbness in Kaido only takes the equilibrium of a single combo, and essentially nullifies 3/4ths of the damage you'd take if you keep it up.

If you're looking for speed in your bashing, and can't be bothered maintaining numbness, then Transmute in Kaido will be your go-to for some quick health when you're getting low.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, if you're looking to gain a few levels while following somebody else around, Empathy in Telepathy can help mitigate the damage of whoever is leading you around, which always helps.

....Aaaand Monk is super fun/useful when it comes to team fights. I know you're mostly interested in PVE, but if the time comes down the road that you want to dip your toes into the waters, you're already pretty set with a good class!

(Oh and @Kerryn runs the Sentaari, and she's a sweetheart.)
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Sarkis
  • I did PvP in Lusternia, and I just never could keep up. Unless it's a *lot* slower over here I'd probably not enter it (especially because I just don't have the time to get good at it).
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Having PvP'd in Lusternia, I can say that it's a lot faster here.

• Serrice said:

Having PvP'd in Lusternia, I can say that it's a lot faster here.

Oh lord. In that case, definitely not PvPing.
  • @Siji‌ Sentinel is most likely the better bashing class on lifer side.. as it does the most DPS from what Ive been seeing without arties.
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Trager
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Nalor said:

@Siji‌ Sentinel is most likely the better bashing class on lifer side.. as it does the most DPS from what Ive been seeing without arties.

But suffers greatly in tankiness. Having tested the majority of lifer-side bashing classes (Without artifacts, which is my benchmark) you might be best off with Luminary, Daru or Monk. All three have better then average tankiness/healing while actually bashing. Sentinel has this in regards to a (very) small amount of health returned per hit via lifesap, plus nightingale, but without defensive artifact support it can get pretty hairy.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited January 2015
    Luminary, shaman and monk all have skills that somewhat echo priest stuff as well, letting you minorly heal allies if you wanted to continue that flavor of rp.
  • Thanks for the advice. I decided to go with shamans, based partly on the RP possibilities. Looking forward to seeing you all in game.
    Ishin[Deleted User]ArbreAshmerMoireanGwenithAryanne
  • Nalor said:

@Siji‌ Sentinel is most likely the better bashing class on lifer side.. as it does the most DPS from what Ive been seeing without arties.

Shapeshifter does more damage than sentinel.
    Shaman also does more, though only fractionally.

I prefer bashing blobs with lycan, which I can handle the damage of, and DPS really shines through with. Everything else I prefer shaman for. That yummy audit, with high damage and harrow (mob fear) for CC.

Monk... has the lowest base dps of all my classes. Even lower than syssin. The triple hit does shine with crit reliability though, and they sure have the best 'ohshit' defensive options, so obviously, DPS isn't everything.
    Half of the blobs are crit-immune and overkill doesn't work on them, so they aren't the best baseline for bashing abilities.
  • That's why I said I use lycan, the highest base dps on them and them alone.

Not using them as a baseline for anything.
    Hmm, I would have thought shaman would have higher base DPS. The more you know!
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited January 2015
    well double hits can get a higher dps from crit rate ... oh idk shaman requires super high int for lots of damage too
    Right but irruel and I are talking about crit immune mobs 
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    uh huh
  • With enhancements/starchart for strength, plus white amulet and metabolizing on
    lycan goes over 500dps in athletic. An extra point of strength could be gained from a different statpack.

Shaman as wise with enhancements/starchart for int, plus white amulet and +eq arti, still doesn't reach 500. I tested it again just recently (to see if anything changed while I was absent) but nothing had. I can't find where I wrote the results, but from memory it was 470/480ish from shaman.

Syssin and sentinel both over 400 with athletic statpack etc.

Monk was at the lower end of the 300s. I tested all stances.

I think lycan just scales well to strength.

A note about sentinel - while it is a 2-hit combo, if the first kills a target, the second does not hit the next target. Efficiency does go up in certain areas (like blobs) when killing multiples with one combo. I watched Moirean carve through the place once using a bardiche. It was a great hunt day and she had all the possible bashing enhancements running. I think she was closer to double my dps. It was nuts.

MoireanIshin
    (Carnis are even better these days after the revamp)
    edited January 2015
    Light side, I personally preferred Templar as my favorite bashing class. They are very versatile and nicely tanky. I was able to go run around in Arbothia at like 60 sword and boarding it.

Edit: This stuff is better for the OT thread so we dont' clutter newbie. I love talking about bashing tho :)

Edit 2: Darn these new forums, I can't merge topics. Whatever, bashing talk redirected to OT thread.