Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Serrice said:
    It's Australia.
    Lagging and with certain death around every corner?
    IshinAryanneKerocSerrice
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Aryanne was in the Syssin and Spinesreach and because of Spinesreach she couldn't join the Shamans (prior to Duirnoiran) once she left, we tested, so that doesn't work.

Unless I misunderstand and you meant join the Syssin without joining Spinesreach at all.

There's simply a fatal flaw in having cities as the only way to switch tethers, and I hope
    Oleis said:

This was actually something I intended to resolve with the class changes. I don't have my notes on hand to see what stopped me, but there was something. I'll talk with Raz and brainstorm a solution.

is still a go. I'd be perfectly fine with most of the suggestions here, from
    Jensen said:

a gold fee and an aetolian year cool down. Have an npc in Delos do it

to just having joining a guild switch tether so people can join guild prior to/without joining a city. There are a lot of (what I believe to be) quick and dirty bandaid fixes here that should do well, so I hope @Oleis is still working on them.
    ArekaAryanne
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I think I'd rather have it untied to organizations entirely. It reduces future problems
    ArekaAngweHaven
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    On the Sacrificial dagger discussion, have sacrifice corpses work off balance, but keep sacrifice body (as in PK) require balance, maybe?

IshinErzsebetArekaArbre
  • I wish there was a Haven feature you could set to make things decay at half speed that are in the room. I like the idea of having a storage warehouse in my Haven for things like sigils and forgings and such.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Arbre
    Really, more ways to spend them would be cool. A new artifact trader that took them would be boss
    ArbreMoireanKendri
  • Two website related questions.

1) I notice it's not really getting updated, is there a way to have it pull from events, or get it more regularly updated? It can make it appear as though nothing is happening, when there are events and other things going on.

2) Currently the deathlog on the website appears to run on a get/post system and drops the data after 5 have been received (or at least isn't publicly stored). Is it possible that this can be made publicly available via a logged page (similar to organizational logs) or so you can click on the feed and be able to see what has happened for the day. I would like to be able to see more of what happened, as I find in it's current configuration the benefit I get it very minimal.

Thanks!
    MoireanKendriAshmer
    Mael said:
    Two website related questions. 1) I notice it's not really getting updated, is there a way to have it pull from events, or get it more regularly updated? It can make it appear as though nothing is happening, when there are events and other things going on. 2) Currently the deathlog on the website appears to run on a get/post system and drops the data after 5 have been received (or at least isn't publicly stored). Is it possible that this can be made publicly available via a logged page (similar to organizational logs) or so you can click on the feed and be able to see what has happened for the day. I would like to be able to see more of what happened, as I find in it's current configuration the benefit I get it very minimal. Thanks!
    Ironrealms.com/gamefeed has the deaths themselves but it's a very shallow list.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Various coding inclined peeps have made various scripts to tap directly-ish into the gamefeed and gather the data, some to display in client, others as various mobile apps.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • A couple ideas:

1) Put the ever loving chocolates into Qeddwyn's shop at 50-75k apiece.... because god damn I can never find any fucking chocolates!!!!!!! EVER!!!! And they're oh so fucking useful!!! :(

2) Implement a way to augment a permanent xp buff gain. Something along the lines of 250k gold for 1% increase, 1M gold for 4% increase. Obviously this would make someone debate if they want to get some cryptics or be get an xp buff. Most would probably choose the former, but some might choose the latter. :D
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

IshinMoireanErzsebetKonnorn
  • Is there anyway we could get the number of things for sale in a shop to show up accurately? That is to say, presently it doesn't count things on crafting shelves, just on the floor.
    imageimage
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited February 2015
    Sparked by Moi's snacktime thread - it'd be neat if instead of feeding from corpses, vamps hypnotized generic (non-named) npcs and snacked on them as thralls. Some sort of thematic conditions, thrall'd npc would follow around for a little bit or take a few basic commands - that way vamps are actual predators of Attica and Tainhelm, etc.

Edit: The Alcazar could have a handful for noobs only to practice with, or special rewards for people doing abhorash deeds "Here I really like the taste of this seasoned Mhun, there are notes of cherry. You've done well, try my personal stock." /shoves mhun forward
    IshinMoireanTeaniAshmer
  • So here's an idea.. something that I think alot of people would enjoy.

Have an instance somewhere in like Delos or at North of Trees or something that doesn't involve making so many completely new areas, Delos would probably be a good place to set this. But have an instance that before you enter, you have to greet the gatekeeper who will ask you what difficulty you would like to partake in.... each difficulty above 1 (maybe go up to a difficulty of 5) would provide increased xp gains, where the base xp gain is similar to what you get when bashing the Volcano. To enter the instance, each party member would need to pay like 2k gold and will then step through the gate/portal. You can enter this instance once per howling, or once per IG year. Personally, I'd prefer howling as this would give both large groups and experieced bashers some place that is actually difficult and would challenge them. This could be set up in a way that works like Xaanhal where you have to sync to someone, or could work like Giovelli's in that the leader will have to designate who all will be in your party.

This gatekeeper could come into being through some event. Something that has always peaked my interest is something demon related where we are purging the instance of demons so they don't overwhelm the main realm. Again, this is just a thought. :)
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Have you tried Giovelli's safari adventure yet!? Or whatever it is called.
  • I have and its fun. Coribhell and myself got into 5th place or something, but it doesn't provide any experience gain.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I know I know "Guilds don't use gold anyway why do you need more," but it would be really nice if orgs also made interest off of their bankaccounts. There's a hard cap on how much can be made, equals out to 2500 a day at max, which isn't game-breaking. It's enough to help fund a secretary or two for some annual supplies, since guilds are dependent on donations and shop profits, or just supplying the shops, and building projects and costs for orgreqs.
    MoireanJensenErzsebet
    Guilds who like to give their members stuff/make new stuff use lots of gold. I support interest
    ArekaKendriMoireanIshin
    Carnis go through gold like a Spirean goes through bottles of Liquid Steel. We equip kids with armor and weapons and steel isn't cheap.
    Ishin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Moirean said:

Carnis go through gold like a Spirean goes through bottles of Liquid Steel. We equip kids with armor and weapons and Steel, these things aren't cheap isn't cheap.

ftfy

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    MoireanIshin
  • In my experience, orgs use a lot of gold.
    imageimage
    Ishin
    It would be nice if we could use $her and $she instead of his/he/him, etc, and the game would recognize them as the same. I know it's only a cosmetic change, but I'd really much prefer to do my designs as a woman.
    Sakyl

Idea #3694 Section: unassigned Support: 0
    2015/02/18 20:46:17: I had a crafting idea that I think would let us players do a lot of stuff: basically repurpose the existing "deck" (since Indorani don't need it anymore) into a tool for creative minigames. Let us design items called "playcard" and then put those into the decks. We could then DRAW DECK and it would draw a random playcard out from there. Rather simple, but it would open the door to lots of potential player-made minigames.
    Aldric
  • Oh man, that mixed with the ability to use the pyrotechnics editor for individual cards would be so, so sweet.

Hell, I'd even pay to have that as a talent.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Wtt for bombcrafting, yeah.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Inb4 Aetolian Cards Against Humanity.

...ahmg do want.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • In every bit of Vampire lore that has ever existed, the older a vampire is, the more powerful they are. I have always found it odd that age doesn't matter for Vampires in Aetolia. I wish a system could be in to give bonuses to a vampire, the older they are. Hell, we could even do this for non-vampires too, and make it a gamewide thing. I think rewarding people for the dedication of sticking around after all these years would be easy and interesting to implement. Just a thought.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    TragerArbre
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I'd have to have a serious problem with irony to blindly say "people need to earn their benefits," given that I administer a pay-for-perks game, but I do think there's a serious problem in the way of that idea. Our baseline for perks and buffs is way too high as it is. Consider what the average combatant "requires" to be competitive, even before artifacts. Any bonus based on age would benefit our veteran combatants be entirely inaccessible to our upstart ones, even though the latter group is the one we need to sustain (and grow) for Aetolia to remain successful.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    DristinObynTeaniTragerArbreIshin
  • Malok said:

In every bit of Vampire lore that has ever existed, the older a vampire is, the more powerful they are. I have always found it odd that age doesn't matter for Vampires in Aetolia. I wish a system could be in to give bonuses to a vampire, the older they are. Hell, we could even do this for non-vampires too, and make it a gamewide thing. I think rewarding people for the dedication of sticking around after all these years would be easy and interesting to implement. Just a thought.

That's how it used to be to an extent - several Corpus skills had their effectiveness linked to blood rank. It was a terrible system, and returning to any form of it would be a mistake.

DristinDraimanSaritaTragerArbreIshin
  • It's an interesting idea @Malok, but I think that the nature of the game already rewards age in the form of knowledge and wealth, be it gold, property, or artifacts. Potentially, simply from having experienced the game for longer, every older player already has an edge over all the newer, younger people.

In combat alone, the learning curve is steep. Regardless of whether a person has a system or not, if they don't understand the intricacies of all the other classes and what they can do, then they at best, can only rise to mid-tier status.

Haven
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Ilyon said:

That's how it used to be to an extent - several Corpus skills had their effectiveness linked to blood rank. It was a terrible system, and returning to any form of it would be a mistake.

This x560029234956860
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Ishin