Cake? Yes, please.

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Light weights done repetitively, @Nola, to help build tone and definition. The skin thing might take a little bit to go away, though. It's just one of those things.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    NolaHavenAryanne
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Go, go @Nola! You beautiful, boo. I would say one thing - I- like about -you- is that adorable haircut.

NolaEmelle

For the Week of:

Jan. 3, 2015 - Jan. 10, 2015

Current Weight (lbs):

Naked weight:244.9
    (up a little... oops?)

Where I started (lbs):

Where I want to end up (lbs):

WEEKLY GOALS:

Kick that fluctuating number's ass! I want to be 239. or at least 240. None of this 243, 244, 243, 244 nonsense that keeps happening.

HIGHLIGHTS OF LAST WEEK:

Highlights of this past week include getting back on the water and exercise train. I feel really good about that. Haven't quite worked my sodium contents down yet, but we're getting back to normal. I tracked yesterday's calories and was only 28 off. I've also exercised rather strenuously this week, which I'm proud of.

LOWLIGHTS OF THE WEEK:

I'm back on a regular work schedule from the holidays. Now I need everyone else in my family to be on one too.

I like #THIS# about Myself This Week:

I like that I am trying to eat much healthier again. Fortitude, ftw!

NolaAryanne
  • 2015 begins! Woo!

Weight: 177

Downsides this week: Well, I've been a lazy ass mofo all week, all break, really (Today is the first day I'm really back at work since Dec. 23rd). First day back at work, and I forgot lunch... Baaah. At least I had a jar of olives and some cheese here as "oh no!" food.

Upsides: Well, even though I've been a lazy-ass, I have maintained weight, which is good! My clothing is fitting again (Major bonus) and I really don't crave any of the stuff I can't have. I actually have been feeling like I'm OVER eating more than anything.

Coming Week's Goal: More exercise. Get back on the workout train. It's staying lighter longer again, so by next month I'll actually be able to walk after work and feel safe, but for now I'll have to.. well... do something else! Still searching for something I enjoy and can maintain in relative perpetuity. Cost and weather-convenience is becoming my biggest wrangle. Darn free things being boring.

"Thing vaguely relating to me that I love"
    I love my life right now. Sure, there's things I want, and stuff I can't afford yet, and I don't really feel like my life is progressing a lot, and I can't really go on a vacation, blah blah blah. But, I'm paying hundreds more than I need to every month toward loans that will be paid off THIS YEAR! My car works, and I adore it, I am living with my boyfriend who's presence makes me happy every day and also makes me awesome food and does the shitty chores I hate doing: he's just so wonderful for me. I generally sleep through the night every night, I really have very little in my life that is routinely stressful and I feel financially stable.

Life just rocks for me right now, and I am basking in the awesome.

EmelleMarienaNola
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    With my daughter as a motivator, I'm starting to set up a workout schedule. At least once a week, I'll be doing situps and other workout things at home, because she'll be calling to check in on me and make sure I have! Im hoping to increase this gradually until I do a set every day.

On top of that, I am going to opt for walking rather than bus whenever it's possible when I have work. At least when I am going home. We'll see how that goes. When weather won't permit because of snow, I'll cave, but try to find other ways to exercise.

The 1 kilo I gained over Christmas has now been lost again. Yay!

NolaAryanneMarienaEmelle
  • Officially back to it.

For the Week of:
    Jan 7th to Jan 14th, 2015

Current Weight (lbs):

Where I started (lbs):

192 (ultimately 140ish)

WEEK GOALS:

Okay, food and water back on track. I want to get back into the habit of drinking plenty of water as well as having a green smoothie each morning for breakfast.

HIGHLIGHTS OF LAST (few) WEEK(s):

The holidays were pretty great. I didn't limit myself, but I don't think I overindulged to a huge degree either. I was worried to step on the scale, but when I finally did today I found that I'm 3 pounds lighter then the lowest weight I had been hovering around during the holidays. Yay.

LOW LIGHTS OF THE WEEK:

I find myself really missing my Dad lately and I can't help thinking of the very busy and stressful year we have ahead of us. Stress=major pop and chocolate cravings

I like THIS about Myself This Week:

I like, actually love, that my face has been clear for the last few months, despite cold weather and copious amounts of sugar/caffeine/chocolate. Any one of which typically sends my rosacea into painful and embarrassing overdrive. (I've been suffering from this since I was 11, 18 years. Finally my current Dr suggested something that worked and fast.) It's hard to describe how happy it makes me that I don't have to gob on ridiculous amounts of makeup just to try and hide my skin.

Glad to see everyone else is ready to get back to it as well!
    MarienaNolaAryanne
  • I'd like to join in as well. I don't have 50 to lose, closer to 20 - but it would be good for me. But since my fiancee and I started living with one another, we've both gained weight. I'd like to lose the 10 lbs I gained, plus 13 more. Where I used to work out at least 4 times a week if not every day, now it's a rare occurrence and I'm easily out of breath.

Also...getting married sometime this year so I better shape up before then, eh?

Current Weight: 158

Goal: 135

Goals for this week: Exercise 4 days, and limit myself to only 3 glasses of wine...rather than three a day.

Guess I'll post back in a week?
    KendriAryanneNolaMarienaIshin
    Welcome aboard, @Colette! Doesn't matter if you have 50 or 5 (or need to do it the other way and gain), we're here to support the journey.

TeaniAryanne
  • Yaaay @Colette (love you bae)! Happy to have you join in. This group is great.

I'm behind on a post, but a post it shall be!

For the Week of:
    Last Last Thurs to Last Thurs (uhhh. So the 2nd-8th.? Something like that)

Weigh-In: 145~ (fluctuation between 144-146, but I can tell definite changes in a positive way)

WEEKLY GOALS:

I'm right there with @Mariena again. This fluctuation is full of SUSPENSE AND ANGST. So close, just DROP already! It'll have this week, fo' shoo, though. They opened up a Zumba class on Monday, so
    now I can go Mon, Tues and Thurs! I've been waiting for tomorrow ever since last Thursday. Songs
    are stuck in my head and I want to dance at work.

HIGHLIGHTS OF LAST WEEK:

I started back at Zumba last Monday and went on Thursday as well. Jogged yesterday for half an hour, so I have a regular flow of exercise at least every other day from this past week. I maintained my eating habits really well, and I've been back to drinking water throughout the day as I go.

LOWLIGHTS OF THE WEEK:

Uhm, well. I was doing PERFECT, and then I botched it last night on a bad judgement call. Drank too much. (Not too much like BAD NOLA, but more like, well you jacked up your calories every which-away and now you're going to flounder to counter it, which will be hard to do between everything else today).

Sigh. This happens almost every time, I should learn by now that I'm just sabotaging myself.

I jumped right back into exercising and while there's been those moments of procrastination, I overcame them. My hair also continues to be awesome.

KendriMarienaAryanneMelantha
    edited January 2015

For the Week of:

Jan. 11, 2015 - Jan. 18, 2015

Current Weight (lbs):

@Nola bb, I feel you. Stupid number. But we'll beat them and get BELOW that fluctuating angst.

Where I started (lbs):

WEEKLY GOALS:

More consistent exercise, now that water and eating are back on point.

HIGHLIGHTS OF LAST WEEK:

Sodium contents are back where they need to be, now it's just to not throw my shoulder out, making it impossible to moooove (such pain, much ow.)

LOWLIGHTS OF THE WEEK:

I threw my shoulder out and whimpered every time I moved my head for three days. Because I have scoliosis, throwing my shoulder means my shoulderblade is literally sitting up and slightly out from where it should be and my whole right side looks raised (think Quasimodo).

Despite my spine hating me, I did not use it as an excuse to eat to make myself feel better. I feel like that was a win.

Emelle
  • Weight: 175.5! (175-176 floppy)

Downsides this week: While I parked far back in parking lots in order to require a longer walk to/from stores while doing my errands, I really didn't legitimately get additional exercise.

Upsides: Discovered non-sugar sweetener that I like and doesn't give me an aftertaste! Woo! I do not sweeten many things ANYWAY, but I do occasionally like a desert-y thing or two.

Coming Week's Goal: Generic "exercise" goal is not helping, so I'll plant a specific goal: at least 30 minutes of moving around in a way I wouldn't have at least 3 days this week.

Something I loved about me last-week-specific
    Actually playing some aetolia again! Enjoying it definitely, but I have the trouble of trying to manage HOW much I play so that it isn't interfering with getting off my ass and accomplishing things. the "self love" part is that I have been managing that well at the moment so far, and this is good!

Mariena
  • For the Week of:
    Jan 14th to Jan 21st, 2015

Current Weight (lbs):
    214 (0 change)
    Where I started (lbs):
    192 (ultimately 140ish)

WEEK GOALS:

Just 5. That's what I'm calling my goal for this week and likely the next few weeks to come. It's a two fold habit building thing. At the start of my daughters feeds (she gets fed every 3 hours) I will put her in her positioning seat or standing frame and I will do five of one of these exercises. Squat, push up, lunge, dumbbell rows, plank(for as long as possible) or jumping jacks.

It's not really about quantity, it's not really about a workout, it's about building the habit of doing -something-. And it's about getting my daughter more used to being in her equipment and not being held near constantly.

HIGHLIGHTS OF LAST WEEK:

I have done better with water. My husband smartly bought us some bottled water and I've been drinking plenty of it.I did the green smoothie for 4/7. So, working on that still!

LOW LIGHTS OF THE WEEK:

Somehow. SOMEHOW. My daughter and I are sick again. Which means being miserable, having a miserable child and getting even less sleep when all I want to do is crawl into a warm, comfy bed and sleep for the next month. (And kill anyone who dares disturb me...)

I like THIS about Myself This Week:

This is hard this week, because I feel like crap.. I like that when I spoke to my step-mom and she asked if we are thinking of a baby number two, I did not freak out, but instead rationally explained why there is no way in hell we are having another baby any time soon and possibly ever.
    MarienaAryanne
  • I really need some motivation/friends for this, so I'm joining too. I moved this summer and don't have a horde of work-out nut buddies out here like I used to, so /struggling. From September-now, I've gained about 10 pounds, and having a hard time getting back on track. Honestly I think if I could manage to cut the booze out (Every night) I'd be alright, but who wants to do that :[

My other problem is that I have a horse farm, and my side job is around 30 hours a week of being on my feet and carrying heavy unicorns. A lot of my time is already spent doing active stuff, so I get feeling all 'well already did all this today, I am too tired to run/jog/etc, WHISKEY!'

So by all means, if anyone has some tips, please post/message me or something. Seasonal depression is upon me >_>

Current weight: 131

Goal weight: 120

Goal for the rest of this week.: More water. Less whiskey/wine. Baby steps. I didn't drink anything yesterday, it's a start!
    ColetteMarienaAryanne
  • @Asaraii I will try to be your non-drinking buddy. It's difficult for me to stop as well and that's my biggest problem, probably what's been causing me to gain weight.

Asaraii
  • Yes @Colette I need you! It's so difficult with roomies that drink every night and most of my new found friends out here drink a lot too.
  • Gah, I totally forgot to excitedly greet @colette into the group, so HI! And HI! To @asaraii now, too! :D

On the "less booze" train, that is definitely one of the big things I trimmed down on with my new diet. I went from 1-3 drinks in the evening (typically I'd have glasses of wine and then some liquor every now and then) to rarely drinking. I've found that my ketosis-causing diet makes me a CRAZY SUPER CHEAP DATE. Apparently, I reallllly can't hold my liquor anymore, so that's kinda helped me not drink so much O.O

"Inability to tolerate much" aside, I found that club soda with lemon/lime squeezed in it curbs my desire for booze relatively well. Even if I still drink some, it helped me drink a lot less! And, it's practically calorie free and high in vitamin C(and cheap as hell to boot). It lets you feel like you're drinking with everyone without the booze.

• @aryanne thanks! I will have the try the club soda thing, that sounds like a good idea. Especially since I sling drinks a few nights a week (tonight ugh) and always want to have some shots. :( I would love to be a cheap date again lol!! I haven't drank the last few nights! Though tomorrow is going to have to be my 'cheat' day, we are riding horses and that's my favorite bar :/ still an improvement though!
    Aryanne
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    @Aryanne I'm doing Keto now too, you can't drink really. When your body isn't in sugar burning mode having it have to kick into alchohol burning mode both stalls you and makes you get drunk for WAY longer than usual, with a much nastier hangover.
  • @aishia Yay! Welcome to ketoland!

And... yeah.. Hrng. At least it's actually a thing, and I didn't just suddenly become horribly sensitive to alcohol.

• Okay, here's my week:
    Jan. 11 - 18

Beginning weight: 158

Current weight : 157

Goal weight : 135

Highlights: Had like 4 drinks as apposed to 14. Made me crabby but I'm pretty sure that's the reason I'm showing a slight loss for the last few days. Ate well enough and drank a lot of water.

Low-lights: Instead of working out 4 days this week I did 2. That's a start I suppose, I just procrastinate hardcore.

My goal will be the same for this week, try to get in 4 days at least 30 minutes each of exercise. I will hopefully make it to zumba with @Nola this week! Let's see if I can keep up haha :)
    NolaAsaraiiMariena
  • I'm just doing a brief summary..

Hit 144lbs again today. Started eating as organic as I can, and cutting out as much sugar as possible to help with fat loss. Which means I've been snacking jarscore on raw vegetables. I haven't regretted anything except a lot.of times I still feel hungry.

Been drinking more water. Went to zumba twice and jogged once. Drinking has been minimal and a lot more focused on the least amount of sugar possible..

Those are all pluses. Downside of.my.week. getting dumped.thursday out.of the blue after trying to work things out. I'm.trying.to.handle.it with as much positivity as I can..

Sorry for so.many periods. Happens whenever I use my phone. This breakup is also why I have been largely mia, but a fair few in my guild.know.so.they're there if you need something while I adjust and focus on what I need.

Asaraii
  • Jan. 11 - 18

Beginning weight: 131

Current weight : 130

Goal weight : 120

Highlights: Definitely cut down on drinking! Went 3 days without drinking in a row. Was doing good doing a half hour of working out + daily work. Did great adding more fruits and veggies to eating this week. Definitely drank a lot more water. Was feeling great! Drank Saturday, but not a lot, only to get a buzz while riding horses.

Lowlights: Felt great until Saturday. Rode, barn chores, pulled four horses shoes and trimmed their hooves (that's like, being in a squat for 3-5 minutes x16 while holding up a horse's leg with your legs and squeezing the shit out of hoof nippers, full body workout lol), then the water spicket froze, and I had to lug 15 buckets of water to the barn. Sunday I felt like I got hit by a bus. Today I feel like I got hit by an SUV. Plus, I wasn't going to drink last night, but I got caught up with the football excitement and had three drinks during the games.

Goal: Hit 129. More healthier eating, more water, more workout.
    ColetteNolaEmelle
    edited January 2015
    Go go, @Asaraii and @Colette! @Nola - chin up, bb. Things happen so that better can come into our lives.

For the Week of:

Jan. 18, 2015 - Jan. 25, 2015

Current Weight (lbs):

Where I started (lbs):

WEEKLY GOALS:

My weekly goal this week is 10 miles of walking videos + 5 of exercise biking

HIGHLIGHTS OF LAST WEEK:

I'm late in updating, ack! Highlights of last week include my birth control doing what it should without making me over miserable.

LOWLIGHTS OF THE WEEK:

Periods make me snacky for salty things. I need to drink an ocean's worth of water to get that sorted.

Skin is clearing up, all hail birth control.

Update photo! Please ignore my lack of makeup and general 'it's morning' face.

AsaraiiAryanneEmelleMoirean
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Start of October I was 225 pounds at 5'11, the heaviest I'd been in my entire life. Probably close to 30% body fat. Having been very involved in competitive sports in highschool and subsequently intramural sports in university, I found that my diet was very undisciplined, I basically ate whatever I wanted but got away with it because I was very active. Even after I stopped playing sports I hit the gym to maintain a balance (albeit pretty casually) up until I tore my rotator cuff and became sedentary for a couple of years.

After looking at Facebook pictures of myself I was pretty unhappy with how I looked and started counting calories. Mid November I finally hauled my butt into a serious gym. At my first workout I weighed in at 200 pounds and 20% body fat, much skinnier than I was but still very unfit (the majority of my weight loss from 225 was water weight, not fat, since I started watching my carbs).

Today, mid January, I went to see a personal trainer for the first time. Weighed in at 190 pounds and 15% body fat, so I more or less dropped 10 pounds of pure fat without muscle loss in two months. My shoulders, chest, and arms look about twice as big as they were despite being the lightest I've been in 5 years and my face has gone from a hearty circle to a V-shape. The trainer completely overhauled my plan, making me realize that I was spending WAY too much downtime in the gym resting between sets. By cutting down my rest after each set to one minute I'm able to do almost twice as much work per session, so I can now hit two body parts per session and effectively double the amount of work in the same time spent; I was being my own gainz goblin.

My goal now is to have visible defined abs by Valentine's Day. If you told me in October, 3.5 months ago, that I could realistically be thinking about a 6-pack by mid February there is no way I would have believed you. Deciding to get serious about fitness was one of the best decisions I've made in my life.

Is it easy? Actually, I'd say yes. Mustering up the resolve to actually watch what I eat, get into the gym, and push through the first two weeks was the hardest part, but the moment I stepped onto a scale and looked at my first progress pic I was hooked. It -is- a lot of work and I'm in the gym for about 1.5 hours every day, but there is nothing more worth that time. If nothing else being healthier has given me a lot of energy and eliminated my urge to nap throughout the day, which would have eaten up that time anyway.

The best adage is not to wait till tomorrow. A week, a month, a year from now you'll wish you started today. I definitely wish I had started earlier.

My favourite motivational video:

Gotta remember though, motivation is temporary but discipline is forever.
    NolaAryanneKendriMoireanEmelleTrager
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos

For the Week of:

Jan. 18, 2015 - Jan. 25, 2015

Current Weight (lbs):

Where I started (lbs):

WEEKLY GOALS:

Eat less mac and cheese. This sounds stupid, but you don't realize HOW MUCH mac I eat. It's something fast and easy that I love that I can make in the middle of the night when I'm hungry.

HIGHLIGHTS OF LAST WEEK:

I finally weighed myself and saw I'm losing weight. I'm on new meds that give me energy, so I've been feeling a lot better - that'll help me too.

LOWLIGHTS OF THE WEEK:

I'm having to cheat and be on a medication to curb my appetite. I also stole @Mariena‌'s forum thing.

I'm under 300 again. Going over 250 made me hate myself, but at 300 I became absolutely disgusted with myself.

I don't promise regular updates, but I'll try. I'm only even joining in now because I've started losing weight. My weight is humiliating to me, so doing this is hard.
    Nola[Deleted User]KendriMarienaAryanneMoireanObynEmelle
  • The way I chose to look at it after I started, @Arbre, was to go with the perspective that 'Yes, I weigh x amount, but I'm doing something about it so I won't anymore'. It's going to go away, it is temporary, and therefore, you can and will move past it! :)
    AryanneEmelle
  • Wellp, my manager at work signed me up for a 5k mud run that the company has done the last two years that I've missed out on every time. I didn't volunteer by any means, and I didn't necessarily have a choice, but I'm pretty appreciative of her doing that. She knows that I'm struggling with my weight right now (getting a few pounds shy of 300, closest to it I've ever been in my life and it's terrifying) and did it as an incentive.

She knows how competitive I am, and knows that I won't be able to back out (company pays for registration fee + shirts + parking, I'd look like quite a jerk) and knows that I won't allow myself to show up and not at least try to compete with everybody else.

I... hate it and love it at the same time.

So. I'm here. I don't have a scale at my apartment, so I can't consistently weigh in, but I'll be dropping updates whenever I do.

Starting weight: 299

Goal: I'm not setting a goal quite yet. Every time I do, I fixate on the number while I'm far away from it and beat myself up, it's not until I get close to it that it actually acts as motivation.

UPDATE: To come... Soon(tm).
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    NolaTeaniKendriMarienaAryanneEmelle
    @Arbre, @Aldric, @Ezalor - Welcome Welcome!

You can doooo iiiiit!

Aryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I wish this thread was private. Too self conscious to join and have my info public.
    Arbre
  • Initially, when reading through @ezalor's post there, my gut reaction was a somewhat slighted, insulted, "YOU THINK FINDING AN HOUR AND A HALF OF WORKING OUT EVERY DAY IS EASY?!"

Then I thought about how much time I sit around doing nothing of importance beyond personal entertainment... and realized I could easily throw an hour and a half into each day if that included travel, pre-and-post workout, etc...

Also - YAY! So happy to have you with us @aldric, @arbre and, well, at least @ezalor's motivational apparent ass-kickery.

Okay, time for my update:

Weight:
    175.5 (well, I guess at least I'm not getting heavier?)

Downsides of last week: It is definitely hardest for me to post when I feel like I haven't made any progress. Frustratingly, that does not MOTIVATE me to try harder to actually have report-able progress, merely demotivates me to post and admit to a lack of it.

Goal for this week: Try a variety of youtube workout videos until I find a type of thing I don't hate for the whole 30+ minutes I'm doing it. Do a new one every day.

Mariena