Quotes & Misquotes: Falling Off of Bridges

Comments

• I don't see any problem with Slyphe dropping Eugenides over the joke. In character, It makes sense for A. a god to be able to capture that. B. a god to get angry over that. and C. the offending mortal to die for that.

Also, Had I been paying attention and saw Slyphe on the Who list, I'd not have made the joke. Well, I would have saved it until I thought I could get away with it.

Also, I couldn't stop laughing after I died. So that made it worth it.
    XeniaTragerKonnorn[Deleted User]TeaniGwenithHavenSollace
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Shunt has a bit of a chat about health and vitamins...

(Spirean Hunters): Canasius says, "I went to the VA two months ago and found out I had a vitamin D deficiency am now taking vitamins pills to fix it hopefully."

(chat chat chat)

(Spirean Hunters): Canasius says, "Was getting sick often normally a cold and sinus problems but been taking the D and have yet to get even a sniffle in over a month now."

(Spirean Hunters): Volka says, "Oh that's fantastic!"

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "I'd like to take the D."

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "If you know what I mean."

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "*waggle*."

(Spirean Hunters): Volka says, "Oooooo."

(Spirean Hunters): Canasius says, "Lol moi."

(Spirean Hunters): Volka says, ""it's -good- for you!"?"

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "So says Canasius!"

(Spirean Hunters): Volka says, "Vitamin D. Canasius tested, Chairimp approved."

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "Oh VITAMIN."

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "Well then /excuses herself from the convo."

(Spirean Hunters): Volka says, "LOL."

(Spirean Hunters): Volka says, "I don't think -any- D is that magical to stop the sniffles."

(Spirean Hunters): You say, "Clearly you need to date more."

(Spirean Hunters): Volka says, "And if you find one moi, you better hang on to it."
    Emelle
  • So that's where Dourif went!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    Ghada in Spines (the vermin buyer) also buys the crickets in the sewer as part of the SABLE arc. She's fond of giving the quest to newbies fresh off the boat, who don't stand a chance against giant cricket-rabies. Apparently though, she's willing to share her secrets on how to effectively deal with them. You tell Cabalist Ghada, "Varian's pants woman, stop trying to kill the bleedin' Auxiliar before they even get into the guildhall." Equilibrium Used: 2.00 seconds (Tells|cabalist): Cabalist Ghada tells you, "You can ask me for help if you want more explicit instructions."
    TeaniMoirean
    White hot flames burn through the City of Enorian, scalding the blessing of Auresae onto them.

(Spinesreach): Eleanor says, "Something something joke about a burning sensation."

(Spinesreach): Canasius says, "They have one god that gives crabs another that gives them burning sensation, I really think they need to second guess their divine choices."

(Spinesreach): Eleanor says, "Crabs, burning, and the truth. Yep, that sounds like the morning after."

(Spinesreach): You say, "Aha."

(Spinesreach): Rajazel says, "Oh, Conduit."

(Spinesreach): Sollace says, "Ha, nice."

(Spinesreach): Canasius says, "The gifts that keep on giving one says."
    Ashmer[Deleted User]EmelleTeaniAngwe
  • Tsk. I suppose we can't complain. We Daru joked about it (OOC, granted) when Duiran got the same blessing. Just no~t that way. >->;
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    You just received message #29501 from Aldric.
    Message #29501 Sent By: Aldric Received On: 1/13/2015/4:24
    "THE FIST ONR."

You just received message #29502 from Aldric.
    Message #29502 Sent By: Aldric Received On: 1/13/2015/4:24
    "..fhte first oness."

You sent the following message to Aldric:
    OK.

You just received message #29503 from Aldric.
    Message #29503 Sent By: Aldric Received On: 1/13/2015/4:24
    "Ffs the first one."

ARE YOU DRUNK.

You just received message #29504 from Aldric.
    Message #29504 Sent By: Aldric Received On: 1/13/2015/4:25
    "Idk amaybe hahahaha."

XD.

WHY ARE WE SENDING MESSAGES.

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "/ oh hey that means you're online okay s oyeah I think it's the first one but idfk."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "XD."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "So yeah, that one."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "Oh god I logged in an weird place cleared plot of land i don't know here i am is dueling banjos playing that's bad."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "HOw do i GO UP."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "You're in my new house."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "Just do city portals, you drunk."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "As yeah tha tplace."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "Ohgodno."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "You musts be sstanding in a cchsity to do that."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "MUST GETE SOUT."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "Okayprism to rescue."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "Oh nggh prism don't work."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "I want out how to get out."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "You do know you have a key."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "..right."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "Fff can't type command."

The door to the down is opened from the other side.

Aldric arrives from the down.

You roll your eyes.

Aldric says, "I GOT IT."

Aldric says, "I GOT IT."

You bop Aldric over the head with your fist.
    JensenEmelleAshmerAngweTeani
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    ... And here I thought I was joking when I punked Aldric with (Oasis): You say, "Whatever you do, don't mention that thing with Aldric and Moirean last night."

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

MoireanHavenEmelleTeani

You flick through a shopping guidebook, perusing the various advertisements within.
    **************************[ Shops selling 'dagger' ]***************************
    VNum Owner Description Price
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spinesreach
    56625 Daskalos a delicate infirmary scalpel (100/100/100) 250gp
    56625 Daskalos a birch-handled pen knife (100/100/100) 250gp
    56625 Daskalos a jagged fletching knife (100/100/100) 250gp
    56625 Daskalos an grotesquely oversized cleaver (100/100/100) 250gp
    Wait...what? What shop is that?

Path find 56625...
    Distance to Within the Spirean forge house: blah blah

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bug # 3322 Archived[ ]
    Reported 2015/01/14 06:56:52 by Moirean
    Log:
    Description:
    According to the shop directory, Daskalos is the new owner of the Spirean forge house. I knew the trio of forgers were up to no good.
    And this, folks, is why you shouldn't pick your city services via American-idol-style competitions. I blame Paula Xenia. I don't know why or how, but I do.
  • So @Serrice, @Arbre, @Roux, Kendri and @Mirila are all in Roux's shop.

Mirila, Magister of Water looks thoughtful and says to Serrice, Black Fox, "And as to yer question, I'd actually come t' see if she wanted t' have a bit o' somethin' t' eat with me."

"Nothing really is going on. Just some conversation, new acquaintances." Roux slides her talons down the side of her neck. Her head tilts towards Mirila, and a mischievous expression just barely touches her gaze. "Were you asking my daughter on a date?"

Arbre raises a brow slightly, looking at Mirila.

You have emoted: Kendri clears her throat, a small smile curving up the corner of her lips as she focuses on Mirila with everyone else.

"Yes," Serrice quickly - perhaps a bit too quickly, betraying a touch of her excitement - asserts, answering for Mirila. "Yes she was." At this point, the Azudim presses to her feet, leaving Roux's side after a quick peck to the cheek. "As for myself, I must take my leave I'm afraid - but you must tell me how this ends up."

"I..wait, what?" Mirila blinks rapidly, and glances about in confusion, before fixing a frown on Serrice. "I just...I mean, I offered t' buy her a meal as a sort o' welcome t' the Ascendril, gettin' t' know ya sort o' thing," she manages finally.

Mirila, Magister of Water frowns and says, "Was just...followin' up, and...bloody pit, I'm suddenly feelin' like the only sheep in a den o' wolves here."

Roux maintains her semi-serious expression, though only for a moment longer, a soft laugh slipping from her lips. "Well, dear, you are in the den. And surrounded by wolves." An indicative flick of her talons includes every other female in the room pointedly.

"Aroo," Arbre says casually, "Anyways, dear sister, I must head off to my rest."

You say, "Oh, oh I have something exactly for you. Just a moment."

(Gets costume from previous month's ball from haven.)

Mirila, Magister of Water frowns and says to Serrice, Black Fox, "This is yer doin'"

Arbre obeys immediately, slipping herself easily into Roux's arms and holding her tightly.

You have emoted: Kendri snorts out a laugh as she hands a bundle of white wool to Mirila.

You give a wooly sheep costume of pure white to Mirila.

Roux gives her sister a firm, fond embrace, letting it linger before she pulls back slightly. "Come to see me more often?" she asks.

Countering, Arbre Aquila says to Roux Kynoura, "You come see me."

Arbre gives Roux a peck on the cheek.

Arbre grows still and her lips begin to move silently.

You smile at Arbre.

You wave goodbye at Arbre.

Arbre is enveloped in translucent fire for a moment and is gone, her soul safe until she returns to Aetolia.

Roux chuckles long and heartily.

"I'm sure you can handle yourself," Serrice purrs mischievously to Mirila as she passes by the young woman. She brings her fingers to her lips, kisses them, and waves them first at Mirila, then to the group at large. "I as well - I'm off!"

Serrice leaves to the northwest.

"Oh, har har." Mirila scowls, and shakes her head, but there's no denying the hints of a grin tugging at the corners of her lips. "Yeah, well, I should o' figured...bah."

Mirila blinks.

Hanging her face in her hands, Mirila, Magister of Water says, "Wait, I didn't mean bah like -that-."

Roux cackles under her breath, pressing both hands on her knees and leaning forward on her stool perch. "This is priceless."

Mirila heaves a loud groan. "Right. Just goin' t' stop talkin' now, before I dig m'self in any deeper here."

You have emoted: Kendri covers her mouth with both hands as she tries to hold back laughter but eventually gives in. The sound rolls from her as she snorts and giggles until she's wiping tears from the corners of her eyes. "Mirila, of course I wouldn't mind having some food and talk to share." she says after gulping in several deep breaths.

I could not stop laughing, too perfect.
    MoireanRashar
  • This is so funny, but I'm not exactly sure where to put it...

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=3890023365572&fref=nf
    Moirean
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    • Talking in a web about the traverse skill 10 seconds
    • Going to delos to buy sunbane for my artefact bracers like a boss 20 secs of contemplation
    • Looking at the flight artefact 5 seconds
    • Releasing you type buy flight instead of buy sunbane, 500 credits and a night of shame!!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

JensenMoirean
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Really do love me some sunbane
    Spinning a gruesome crescent scythe around himself, Ilyon gashes open a massive flame-covered eld.
    The binding energy lashed around a massive flame-covered eld abruptly snaps and dissipates as it wrests free, emitting a pulse of power that raises the hairs on the nape of your neck.

Ethereal energy floods into EZALOR's grasp as they extract power from the focal point.
    EXTRACTING: Ezalor
    EXTRACTING: Ezalor
    Latent energies flare around the focus, crackling ominously with power before winking out with a hushed whisper. Motes of pale light drift upwards from the dying leyline's focus, smoldering like a dying ember into the firmament as the focal point collapses into the ether.

Vorlus uses Corpus Frenzy on a massive flame-covered eld.
    With a soft hiss, Vorlus launches himself at a massive flame-covered eld, battering it in a frenzied flurry of strikes.

(Research): Ilyon says, "Foci has been extracted in the Scidve Cove."

You use Necromancy Bonedagger on a massive flame-covered eld.
    Laying your bone dagger flat upon your palm, you flick it sharply towards a massive flame-covered eld. The blade speeds through the air and shatters on impact, before suddenly reappearing in your hand.

Ezalor hefts a winding dogwood bardiche over his head before lunging forward and viciously hacking into a massive flame-covered eld, rending its flesh messily with the deadly blade.
    Ezalor uses Savagery Reveling (proc) on a massive flame-covered eld.
    Ezalor strikes a staggering blow to a massive flame-covered eld with a brutal roar, blood and gore spattering the ground in a visceral arc.
    The final blow proves too much for a massive flame-covered eld, who expires, pitifully.
    Experience Gained: 268 (Bashing) [total: 39010309]
    Having slain a massive flame-covered eld, Ezalor retrieves the corpse.

Zsadist smiles as he rams his fist into his jaw.

Zsadist drives a clenched fist into his gut.

Ellenia uses Shapeshifting Scent.
    Ellenia tilts her head back, inhaling sharply several times.

Ellenia gives the world a smart salute.

Ellenia says, "Voltda."
    A sulfurous portal opens in the ground before Ellenia and she quickly jumps into it before it snaps shut behind her.

Xeniothalus ponders the situation.

With the heel of his palm, Zsadist smacks himself upside the head.

Xeniothalus ponders a cloaked figure's profile, deep in consideration.

With the heel of his palm, Zsadist smacks himself upside the head.

You can find no such target as 'eld'.

You nod your head at a cloaked figure sagely.

Zsadist smiles as he rams his fist into his jaw.

You say, in Imp, "Bye!"
    Placing a bone stepladder on the ground, you quickly scramble up it - upon reaching the top, a cloud of smoke erupts and you find yourself, for once, taller than everyone. (mywings)
    Perched above the world. (Edge of Reality.)

(Web): Ezalor says, "You got a chalice xenio?"

(Web): Xeniothalus says, "Yeah one is active."

(Web): Ezalor says, "Also someone should save zsadist."

Unable to control his urges of self importance, Zsadist has slain himself.
    You divine the location of this death as Beach facing the west in the Scidve Cove.

(Web): You say, "XD."

(Web): Ezalor says, "Lol."
    DraimanAldricEzalor
    The Portals of Bloodloch.
    Hues of black, blue and crimson draw attention to a tapestry of Chaos hung here. Holding his own head between his hands, a statue of a decapitated man slumps here. A sculpture of a little pony stands here. A diseased pony releases a strong stench nearby. A massive golem made of clay stands here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. A spry sprig of mistletoe has been hung here. An elegant white letter is in danger of being soiled here.
    You see exits leading northeast, east, southeast, southwest, west, northwest, and down.

You see the following people here:
    Moirean

You can see the following 10 objects:
    "tapestry44384" a intimidating tapestry of the Chaos Plane.
    "statue127458" a monument to beheading.
    "statue158508" a little pony sculpture.
    "pony330751" a diseased pony.
    "golem197909" a clay golem.
    "monolith sigil45183" a monolith sigil.
    "sigil31583" a cube sigil.
    "mistletoe288223" a sprig of mistletoe.
    "letter295540" an elegant white letter.
    "yeti175720" an imposing, white-furred yeti.

You quickly pull your hand back as a flame sigil on a sprig of mistletoe singes your fingers.

(Carnifex Combat Academy): You say, "...why is there mistlestoe in the BL portals."

(Carnifex Combat Academy): You say, "This how you keep yourselvs busy eh."

A gentle humming fills the area, as a swirl of energy deposits Draiman and whisks away again.

Draiman gives you a peck on the cheek.

Draiman blushes furiously.

Draiman leaves to the down.

(Carnifex Combat Academy): You say, "..."

(Tells|Draiman): You tell Draiman, "Right, that's me done sneaking into portals."
    JensenDraimanAldric
    edited January 2015

AldricRiluoTrager
    Sorta a misquote. That awkward moment when you leave open a search window for something aetolian and real people see it. Case and point looking up how to spell masochism....
    AshmerZsadistMoireanHavenTeaniEzalorTrager
  • Yikes. Well, that's unfortunate. That is one of the many reasons why I put the Merriam-Webster dictionary app on my phone. Much faster than resorting to Google.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    Lolololol
    HavenZsadistXenia

(Web): You say, "Oh man i had a terrible dream last night, I dreamed 4chan decided i was on their hate list and started doxxing me."

(Web): You say, "It was a legit nightmare, I woke up crying."

(Web): Rolk says, "Whats 4chan?"

(Web): Draiman says, "..."

(Web): Draiman says, "Rolk."

(Web): You say, "Do you even internet bro."

(Web): Draiman says, "Do u no wut net is."

(Web): Rolk says, "Yea?"

(Web): Rolk says, "Im playing this so i gotta have internet lol."

(Web): Draiman says, "Maybe you're just on like."

(Web): You say, "Aol."

(Web): Draiman says, "Jacking your phones 4g."

(Web): Draiman says, "Or that."

(Web): Rolk says, "Nope lol."

(Web): You say, "He's playing from 1990."

(Web): Draiman says, "O mg."

(Web): Rolk says, "What the hell is 4chan lmao."

(Web): Draiman says, "Dude send me a letter telling me to not be in Marlow in 2013."

(Web): You say, "Who's marlow?"

(Web): You say, "And why was she bad to be in."

(Web): Draiman says, "YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW."

(Web): Draiman says, "Just."

(Web): Draiman says, "I hope you bleached your face after I kissed it."
    DraimanSetneAryanne

(Web): You say, "Man Rolk I feel like you are kinda an internet newbie, we could introduce you to all the memes."

(Web): You say, "And they'd be fresh and new to you."

(Web): Rolk says, "Memes?"

(Web): You say, "Oh maaaaan."
    EmelleSetneRiluoAshmerAngweXeniaAryanne
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    So, apparently I'm an internet newbie for not having a clue what 4chan is. Or maybe it's just that some of us are not that into browsing -everything- out there on the internet?

But I know how to spell masochism without having to look it up. Wonder what that says about me...

ErzsebetAryanne
    It might be a region thing. 4chan in the US is pretty well-known as they keep hacking stuff.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Moirean said:

(Web): You say, "Man Rolk I feel like you are kinda an internet newbie, we could introduce you to all the memes."

(Web): You say, "And they'd be fresh and new to you."

(Web): Rolk says, "Memes?"

(Web): You say, "Oh maaaaan."

JensenAngweAshmerTozTrigruMoireanXeniaAryanneTrager
    edited January 2015
    We're talking about the REALINDEX command...

Carnifex: Realindex
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Activity Advanced Hunting
    Aides Assignments
    Auxiliary Basics
    --- stuff stuff stuff ---
    Scholars Tactics Sehal
    Sertheunicornsup Siroccian Tunnels
    Skillranks Skills
    (The Officers' Quarters): Xenia says, "Why is ghelp's sertheunicornsup listed as Siroccian tunnels."

(The Officers' Quarters): You say, "...xenia are you drunk?"

(The Officers' Quarters): You say, "Xenia it's just listed in two columns."

(The Officers' Quarters): Xenia says, "Wait what?"

(The Officers' Quarters): You say, "Column a and column b is just to save space."

(The Officers' Quarters): You say, "They aren't related to each other..."

(The Officers' Quarters): Xenia says, "Wait, Xenia is listed in two columns of what?"

(The Officers' Quarters): You say, "(The Officers' Quarters): Xenia says, "Why is ghelp's sertheunicornsup listed as Siroccian tunnels.""

(The Officers' Quarters): You say, "It's not. GHELP REALINDEX is just formatted in 2 columns."

(The Officers' Quarters): Xenia says, "Ohhh, i understand what you're saying."

(The Officers' Quarters): Xenia says, "Also, I don't think I'm drunk."

(The Officers' Quarters): Xenia says, "I'm just derpy."

(The Officers' Quarters): Hugo says, "Don't ever change xen."
    XeniaDamonicusAshmerAryanneTeani
    A RL quote:

Me: ugh I have Taylor swift stuck in my head.
    Coworker: ugh why
    Me: I dunno. Her songs are catchy.
    Coworker: I guess you'll just have to...

He pauses and puts on his sunglasses.

Coworker: ...shake it off.
    EmelleArbreTeaniKaleighJensenAldricAngweSollace
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited January 2015
    So, I thought I'd share something from a good while back. It's a long log, so I've added it to Hastebin, but it's btoh fun and frustrating at the same time. The amount of patience required to deal with this person... well, you'll see!

I've chosen to replace the name with for the sake of anonymity. Even if you do know who it is about, I ask that you try to keep it that way for the sake of the poor person's dignity.

With that said, enjoy the lols and facepalms!

http://hastebin.com/seluwucuhe.xml

Disclaimer: I should mention that these interactions were not the first I had with this character. Before this log even started I had been dealing with plenty of his questions, so that is kind of why my patience was running thin, if you all wonder why I am sounding not overly nice on OOC channels. I needed to vent!

Aryanne
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Oh, the memories!
    Teani
    edited January 2015
    (Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "HEY GUESS WHAT."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "No."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "I'M GONNA BE LANOSIAN MAN."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "You're Spirean."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "And I think he goes by Damariel now."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "All pinned up in a calendar or some shit. I don't remember signin' up for it, but it's evidently happenin'"

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "Oh that."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "Eww."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "Gonna have to find some -awfully tight- boxer shorts. ...Maybe need some elastic in the front or it'll all just rip though."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "Stoooop."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "Maybe be suckin' on a neck while I'm bein' painted. In boxer shorts. Really tight ones."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "I'm going to puke."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "Maybe. Pit, maybe I'll just be suckin' on TWO necks while I'm bein' painted. In boxer shorts. -Really tight ones-."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "I will remove anything that might be beneath those if you keep talking, so if you want a bulge, you shut up."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "You ain't got a blade strong enough to cut through all that."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "Now I'm imagining a thicket of brambles."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "The poor ladies."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "...Not. No. That ain't what I - fine."

(Tells|Aldric): Aldric tells you, "You win."

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "Ah sweet, sweet silence."

There he is, Aldric in all his... glory? The really, and I mean pretty strong emphasis on -really tight- boxer shorts he wears seem to be ... well. They're there alright. What an image to likely have burnt into your mind.

You have emoted: Moirean vomits in her mouth.

(Tells|Aldric): You tell Aldric, "Right. Finding a new sire."
    ArbreTragerTeaniEmelleAryanneSollace