MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Mael said:
    Good advice stuff
    Twenty points to @Mael‌!! I called "John" to ask and he said I needed another jack for my home phone. I said, "What home phone?" So it is as easy as swinging the wires over to the orange and white R/T thing. Interwebsy, here we come!!!!
    Mael
  • edited January 2015
    /begin rant

It stresses me out to leave things until the last minute which is why I began planning this stuff a year ago to ENSURE that I had a seamless transition and this has been anything but seamless.

I had Spring 2013 and Fall 2014 classes reviewed by the transfer coordinator at my current school before I ever signed up for them at my previous one. I had my overall transfer credits approved by her before I ever accepted my admittance. Now when I'm at registration day - the only one I could attend due to the move, and it was the only option presented by my admissions counselor - I'm told that I have to retake 12 extra credits, including the full Fall semester I previously had because she 'never acknowledged them'. Not only that, but every single class transferred in as 'special topics', which wasn't previously agreed upon in my transfer agreement. It caused this huge miscommunication and my whole appointment was spent resolving a string of miscommunications instead of the primary focus being getting me on track for this semester. I have all of the email correspondence and I've reached out to her but she just pushed me on up the chain of command. I keep getting pushed off to one more person who insists they don't have any helpful information. I feel like I have to constantly strong arm people to get anything done.

Not only that, but all of the sections of this literature class I have to take are completely full with underclassman at this point so the only other class they could put me in was at 8am every MWF. That would be fine but my work schedule is 3pm-11pm every other night, meaning every other day I would only get 6 hours of sleep. Hell no! I'm going to burn out quickly.

I have to graduate in 3 semesters or I'll basically be in debt with no degree other than my Associates which further complicates things. This semester is getting really rocky and it hasn't even begun.

tl;dr: I'm frustrated with anxiety-provoking college bureaucracy, money issues, and transferring college credit.

/end rant.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Ishin
  • Since I currently have nothing to do all day, every day, I have tried coming up with some new, fun things to learn and occupy my Days with. How about sewing a fun Super Mario hat? Yeah, that could be fun! Sure, it's a bit of work, since I'm not that good at sewing, but I can give it a try, right?

Yeah, mentioning it one time, only to get told, "You can't do that. It's far too complicated for you and the fabric is far too expensive for you to screw it up."

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll just continue staring at the computer all day, every day instead.

• @Konnorn Don't let that stop you! Nothing's saying you can't practice with cheaper fabric, is there? You have to start somewhere. Why can't it be with an ambitious project?
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    KonnornEmelleIshinSollaceErzsebetHavenAryanne
  • Poop. Cloth diapers with poop... Dog waste without a baggie... Seriously kids, you're killing me.
    Ishin
  • Winter. Colds. Baby with a stuffy nose that isn't sleeping for more then 15 minutes at a time. We finally got over the last death cold just two weeks ago. Uuuuggghhhh, so tired.
  • Stepping on my glasses accidentally, first thing in the morning.
    AshmerAryanneIshin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Having Mocha K Cup things and not knowing how to use the coffee maker.
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Crashing in the middle of fights.

Fixing one bug only to uncover another.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

MelanthaIshinZsadist
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @dristin I've done that on a job site on a day I was slated to drive home. Cue me finding a same day glasses replacement shop 7 hours from home. Also got elbowed while working in a canal and watching them fall and sink...

Anywho not going to bitch about cold. I'm happy to have a good career that pays well and I'm happy to be back at Aetolia. <3 u all
    AshmerErzsebetMoirean
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I spent yesterday afternoon getting a big chunk of my big toenail cut out. Now it's sore and stinging in the places that the skin hasn't healed over yet. I'm supposed to be wearing open toed shoes or none at all to help out with the healing, but it snowed this morning so I decided to wear sneakers for walking outside, and oww oww oww oww oww.
  • I hate that sometimes I get mad at myself for taking Aetolia too seriously, or games in general, I suppose. I hate that I have a tendency to take negative things and think about them the rest of the day and night, letting it eat me up. It's just a game, and bad things happen sometimes. Or maybe they aren't bad, I dunno. I just hope I can get through 9 hours of work tonight without letting the negative things in a text based game affect how I do my job. I guess I should just try to grow up more.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    ArbreMoirean
    Bothers you because you care about the game and have put time into it. Don't let it eat you up. Game isn't static so problems will disappear
    MalokMoireanEmelle
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    A local group is flying the Confederate flag all over downtown near where I live.

... The Friday before Martin Luther King Day.

(The epitome of class.)

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

JensenAryanne
    That hits my crossroad of everyone's free to believe what they want vs mutual respect, tolerance, and equality motif
    AryanneJamiMoireanArbre
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Sometimes I miss the Ankyrean Anguish thread. It'd be nice to be able to post.
    DraimanMoireanErzsebetAldricKonnornIshinJensenEmelleHavenAishiaAryanneNolaValenae
    No Arbre, No
    OleisArenIshinEmelleHavenAryanneValenae
  • I can't find the motivation to code because well fk it. I don't know where to go to randomly start RP so I'm like fk it and I just idle in Aetolia. I've been on tilt in league so I'm like fk it too. I've beaten every game on my PC that I can stand to play for more than 5 minutes at a time at least 4 times. 9-10 times for Oblivion. I've read all the books I've owned countless times and cannot be bothered to read them again right now, especially since I zerged through them all just 2 months ago when I first broke my hand and couldn't even operate a keyboard. I'm not cleared to go back to work yet, I have no spare cash to go anywhere, I've split something like 20 ricks of wood already and have none left, I even went through all of my dads rita cable and stripped the copper out. The morning chores takes like 20 minutes, there's nothing left to fix or clean or organize outside and the the house is constantly spotless and all I have to look forward to for the next week is staring at either a computer screen or a tv screen and the thought is driving me insane because dear god I need to get out of this house and away from my computer and I can't adfoaidusfo78audsf07ad0f80ads8fad god I hate this mess I'm in right now and I CANNOT WAIT to start work.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Ashmer
  • Come play Smite!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    New Vegas plus dlc was like 7$ on steam @draiman
  • The different voltage here in Italy has got me a few times. First I fried my brand new router and now its the coffee maker. Good thing it was only 25 bucks. I'm not taking anymore chances!
    AshmerIshin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Draiman, can always RP with me if you want!

• I know at least two other people play MTG here. Anyone else? Since I'm recently considering playing eternal formats instead of Standard, I've forgotten that I haven't spoken to someone else that pays attention to Magic in a couple years; I don't have anyone that can assess my crazy or test drive decks.

I don't mind that TC and DTT got banned out of modern, just like what happened with Ponder, Preordain and Deathrite Shaman; they were too damn good, even if I play BG and want the shaman badly.

I mind that pod got the boot. WHY did Pod get the boot? It was variety! I don't even LIKE Pod and I'm not happy it was thrown out. Meh.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Filed Under: shit you don't do everyday.

Student stapled finger. Asked me to pull staple out.
    Me: you sure?
    her: Please, just get it out!
    Me: ...urgh

So, I did.

MoireanEmelle
  • Reux said:

I know at least two other people play MTG here. Anyone else? Since I'm recently considering playing eternal formats instead of Standard, I've forgotten that I haven't spoken to someone else that pays attention to Magic in a couple years; I don't have anyone that can assess my crazy or test drive decks.

I don't mind that TC and DTT got banned out of modern, just like what happened with Ponder, Preordain and Deathrite Shaman; they were too damn good, even if I play BG and want the shaman badly.

I mind that pod got the boot. WHY did Pod get the boot? It was variety! I don't even LIKE Pod and I'm not happy it was thrown out. Meh.

@Reux: Look up Magic Workstation: http://www.magicworkstation.com/

If you need someone to test against, I can always reload my 50 billion fucking decks into MWS and we can go a few rounds.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Every time I play Minecraft I start off small, then start going supersized in the blink of an eye. I also like to use green a lot, I dunno why, prob because I use wood for 90% of everything and I think it looks good together. Makes tracking creepers a pain in my ass though. Slept super late cause I got carried away building things, woke up, walking around the complex, BOOM, goodbye automated chicken farm. Fml.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Mariena said:

Filed Under: shit you don't do everyday.

Student stapled finger. Asked me to pull staple out.
    Me: you sure?
    her: Please, just get it out!
    Me: ...urgh

So, I did.

This was definitely me in 6th grade. I have no idea how it happened, but shot a staple right through my thumb.

..My teacher didn't help though, she sent me down to the mean nurse who laughed about it and seemed to take a sadistic sort of pleasure in ripping it out. She was weird.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Emelle
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Weirdly enough, we do not have a nurses area for things like that... You think we would, being a 2 year college with nursing programs.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    From your description of the incident I totally thought the student was about a decade younger than a college kid.
    AryanneIshinAldricMinaretNola