Lucie

edited January 2015 in Self-Affirmations
Lucie is now a Yeleni, Head of Novices for the Luminaries, and part of the best family Aetolia has to offer. So, I wanted to make a thread here to ask for feedback! I'm looking for some constructive criticism, as well as farming for more people to RP with!

Some history on the character...

I named her after Saint Lucy, the patron saint of the light/the blind.

Relevant from that link:
"Lucy's name means 'light', with the same root as 'lucid' which means 'clear, radiant, understandable'" and "is probably also connected to statues of Lucy holding a dish with two eyes on it. This refers to another legend in which Lucy's eyes were put out by Diocletian as part of his torture. The legend concludes with God restoring Lucy's eyes. ...Lucy's name also played a large part in naming Lucy as a patron saint of the blind and those with eye-trouble."

So, going on that theme, I made Lucie a character with strong associations/dedication to the Light and gave her some pretty severe trouble with sight.

I also got a bit inspired and wrote out her back story in journal format (it's the PDF attached). I do not expect anyone to actually read it because... Well, it's 13 pages long. Also, it's not really the most thrilling read. Still, I am leaving it there for anyone who does wish to read it, mostly because I figure that I might as well share it since I spent the time writing it. (Also, major thanks to @Melantha for proofreading it. You are incredible.)

I tried to weave in events that happened before I made the character and, admittedly, my understanding of vampires in Aetolia is sub-par at best. I stole terms from public posts and tried to capture the essence of them based on limited information. So... Yeah, all those disclaimers aside - it's there to read for those who'd like to.

Anyway! I invite anyone to stumble upon Lucie! I love to roleplay and I am finding Enorian to be a fun place to be. There truly are a lot of consistently played, and wonderfully thought out, characters there. Too many to name-drop, really... But I sense a massive "Thank You!" post upcoming.
Melantha

Comments

• @Lucie‌ - As one who often enjoys observing roleplay of characters, I have seen bits and pieces of Lucie and wish to give you a kudos for creating a character with a wonderful personality, and you permit a sense of realness in your playing of her. Continue forward, it is exciting to see how her story will progress.
    Lucie
  • Much love to @Lucie! @Nola and I have thoroughly enjoyed our interactions with her, and it pleases me to no end how consistently you've played her. Can't wait for more!
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    Lucie
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Super great, a pleasure to play in passing with, and obviously a well-developed character with layers of an actual personality.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Lucie
  • I quite enjoy the interactions that Kendri and Lucie have had. It's funny that they ended up with the same mentor from outside of the Guild when they are extremely different personality wise.

It shall be interesting to see how things play out between them when Kendri leaves the Luminaries.
    Lucie
  • @Sarosh‌: Thanks! Also, thanks for being cool with Lucie being an "honorary Daru!" It has been really fun taking a peek into their world.

@Melantha‌: Following Melantha around for that IC month was some of the most fun I have ever had playing any game, ever. Truly. Thank you for welcoming Lucie into your world.

@Ashmer: I have enjoyed the brief conversations. I also appreciate your patience with the derpy combat questions.

@Kendri: I do enjoy the interactions between Kendri and Lucie as well. They are often brief, but often spontaneous and organic which is fun for me. I don't suspect much will change with Kendri out of the Guild... The overwhelming majority of the people Lucie associates with are not in the Guild... But we will certainly see!

I hope everyone had a great New Years. I am excited to see what 2015 will bring for each of us in this wonderful fantasy world of which we each are a living and breathing part. :)
    Melantha
  • @Lucie My pleasure, believe me! There will be many more times like that, if I have any say in it, so I hope to see you in often!
    ~~

~~
  • edited January 2015
    Now that I'm finally sitting down and not running around I can at last, share here.

I absolutely adore Lucie, and I've already witnessed a large amount of growth in a short period of time in her character. From the uncertain, slightly nervous girl Nola and Melantha met on the street, to a much more confident, stronger young woman. All the things she's learned through the course of time definitely shows in her development, and you can tell she's far more certain on her own terms than she was in the beginning. She was softer, before, curious and intuitive - and while those things haven't left her altogether, she's grown up from that. I'd love to see where her passions take her, though, and I think they've been underplayed because of her situation.

All of my interactions with Lucie have been rewarding - her character is consistent, and multi-faceted instead of only two-dimensional, which lends her a breath of reality that you can become immersed alongside in.
    LucieMelantha
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I enjoyed running into you last night for a brief while, and Emelle probably would have further pestered Lucie if I hadn't felt like a crasher for interrupting you and Melantha. I hope our paths cross again soon!
  • Wise folks agree, being crashed by @emelle is 100% worth.
    KendriAshmerEmelleNola
    Rashar said:

Wise folks agree, being crashed by @emelle is 100% worth.

Seconded. Every now and then it completely alters the path of your character's life.

Anyway, back to @Lucie.

Emelle
  • @Nola: Thank you. I worry that her development makes her appear a bit inconsistent, but I try to let her run free while remembering what is at the heart of the character. I wrote more about how much I love my interactions with Nola on your thread!

@Emelle: I enjoyed meeting Emelle. Lucie's a bit curious about her and her "long story" about the eye-patch, as well as her overall interest in Lucie's sight issues. Please, crash whenever you'd like! Your character just carries herself in a manner that makes me excited to learn more about her through Lucie. :)
  • I too, would like to say from what roleplay I have seen, she seems like a very well thought out character. I enjoy seeing what she will do next.

• OK so now that I have a few moments.

I haven't spent a lot of time with Lucie, but let me tell you that I am 10000x glad to have another person willing to sit and throw emotes around on the lifer side. Every single interaction I've had or heard of has been great, and I'm looking forward to more!

Stop being hogged by Nola and Melantha!
  • @Rashar *clings to @Lucie more tightly* >:) It's too late. She's already one with the NoMel Collective. Butt in more often. If our conversations were closed, we'd be havened or somewhere off the beaten path. And, depending on the location of said 'somewhere', even then it should be fine.
    ~~

~~
  • Quit the Luminaries. Joined Auresae's Order... Decided to bump this to seek opinions on Lucie these days!
    moar plz

LucieEmelle
  • <3@Ashmer. Oh! And I just wanted to make this also a general invitation for people to prod Lucie when she's about. I am always up for RP.
  • I absolutely adore Lucie. So sweet and innocent. A breath of fresh air honestly.
    Much like how @Nola and @Melantha care for her, Tens does too, only he hardly knows her (call it Daru hive mind).

I really enjoy the fact she's always so polite and is full of questions, but is shy to the bone. Her love of her sisters and worries of them being accepting towards her decisions is cute, and really shows that she cares for them too. Taking their words and advice to heart.

NolaFaerah
    Did someone say Daru hive mind?

Tenshyo