Discuss Your Dominion Opinions Here

2»

Comments

• ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited January 2015
    ...I very much so argue with the idea that we have an identity problem. But neither here nor there.

Shrug. I don't like it. Partially because it's not at all in-line with the direction we've been taking Ve'kahi, and partially because it's vague to the point where we don't know what we're supposed to be doing with it. Who exactly are we meant to spy on, mortals and 'lesser beings' or whatever are all food/beneath us, why do we care, etcetera. I dunno. Most of those things we'll try to find out in-game, I'm just grumbling because I really feel like there should've been more communication with this.

To be clear, I'm fine with the other thing--the cunning bit is not an issue at all. And it's maybe 70% the ambiguity/confusions that are tripping me up on the other.

....eta, because I'm giggling now, Ve'kahi: cunning, lots of snake/hydra imagery, lots of green/silver. Ve'kahi is Slytherin.
    imageimage
  • Well, now we cant tell them about the new skillset they are getting

Parseltongue: Allowing the Consanguine to talk to snakes.

(All kidding aside)
    I have been watching things here from the outside, observing players and the like, and overall as Oleis has clarified its much like when one shows to an art class and there are a bunch of blank easels lined up, the subject being this...which you have been asked to represent amongst the Dominion, and you the artist are to do so upon your various different mediums to portray it.

I can see this being very fun, exciting, and shiny particularly. My expectation is all houses will ride on this and really do a bit of public face and interest with the foundation being laid out by Abhorash.
    Riluo
  • I like the roles being laid out in the posts, but I dunno. I feel like this event was kinda dependent on how many people you had active. I do still agree with 'Intelligence' being what Bahir'an should be about, as it's really been that way for awhile, but being crapped on by Abhorash for no reason was kinda lame. I guess it's my fault since I'm one of the most active members that I didn't camp an area 24-7 like the rest of the Dominion and kill mobs that strip my defenses. I'll get back to writing books and being awesome now or whatever it is I'm supposed to do.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Hm. That's fair, I suppose. It's just a matter of skinning it to work for us.

Knee-jerk reaction at this point, maybe. Still think it'd have been nice to have some sort of input on this, but I don't really know what I'd have suggested in its place either.
    imageimage
  • edited January 2015
    From what I've heard I'm thrilled with this change.

When it came to putting my little undead alt in a house I asked the question what was the difference between them and was pretty much told "The names" which put me off. There wasn't a want or need to go to any house because it's just going to be same as any others and I might as well just wait for a proposition from one.

Now that they have separate roles to play it's going to be much easier to choose one above the others and work towards it instead a languishing in a puddle of 'doesn't matter which I go into since it's all the same'.

Politics
    Ishin
  • 'The names' was never the only difference. I have an alt in almost every house. They all have a different flavour to them, a different outlook, and a different structure, etc etc. Though in some of them, it's more a different flavour of silence than anything, but activity always fluctuates in every org.
    imageimage
  • I'll throw this out there. I don't have an alt in every house so I can't compare like you can. I can tell you what people said to me, as a novice, to give you a perspective to what it looks like from an outsider.

Politics
    MalokTeani
  • Not saying that on being told such the reaction to be like 'well screw that' is wrong. Just saying that the person who told you such was not correct.
    imageimage
  • Would not be surprised, if finding out later on, Ve'kahi was working with the Gaes. Would be a fun story arc. ((Even though, still not returning yet.))

AshmerZsadist
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Still enjoy being rogue, neat stuff though
    Ishin
    Double posting but w/e. since sunlight damage carries over with class switch can some skills come with it like masquerade, wolf/bat form, ect...
    MoireanAldricAngwe
  • I made a liaison report for that (1818) but it was ultimately rejected. Really kind of a bummer, especially for those abilities that really have 0 value on PK whatsoever and are solely for RP for the most part.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    AngweMoireanDraimanIshin
    Well why not balance it and remove the flavor skills from the three primary skill sets and create a new general skill set. Then have one for living, undead, and vampire so no one feels left out.
    Trager
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I don't have a problem with many of your suggestions. I frankly just forgot to roll them into the revamp. I can probably change a few of them over this week. 
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Ishin
  • Tbh, I thought this was about the skill where you summon chaos ents. I am not entirely convinced I am right or wrong. I know nothing about vampires. 
    Ishin
  • This thread is entirely intended for discussion of the Consanguine Dominion. Make sure to keep it on topic, please. That means you, too, @Oleis!

OleisArbreObyn[Deleted User]Ishin
    Can my post be moved to small ideas then?
  • So, I've been thinking about this for awhile... I never really understood the concept of Houses to begin with. To me, they are glorified guilds without being forced to adhere to a specific class. While they serve the purpose of gathering "like-minded" people into a single group, it also begs the question of "why?" As it is, you don't see Enorian, Duiran, or Spinesreach dissolving its citizens into 4 sections for "family ties".

While I appreciate the time and effort of the admins and the people who play Abho to give Bloodloch a very different way of RP in the form of Houses, I also can't help but think that the same could be done without Houses. As it is, each House is quiet in its own form, the CT channel for BL is outrageously quiet, and everyone sticks to their own cliques/Houses. The Dominion could be ran through BL instead of the Houses so that events like the Gaes Rogue event, doesn't disqualify the minority of us BL-ians all because we are a Houseless rogue, for lack of better terms. Not only that, but by having everyone with a centralized chat forum (CT), people would see whether or not the city truly is active or not, they would see who the big helpers are, etc. I don't see how running the Dominion, which for RP/lore purposes is Abho's bloodline, through Bloodloch instead of the Houses would cause any sort of negative ripple effect, but instead would allow more chances for RP.

I get that many people, long before my time, established these Houses, and that back then it was probably not a bad thing, due to a larger playerbase. However, with the smaller playerbase we have and the fact that this is a very niche game, I feel that keeping a city sectioned into 4 factions, for lack of a better term, is very detrimental to the existence of BL itself.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

ArekaMalokMoirean
  • I think you're awesome Zsadist, and I enjoy playing Aetolia with you. That being said, I clicked disagree on your post. Here's why. I enjoy not being in a guild, I also enjoy putting all my effort into my House. That's why I'm permanently House rank 10, and I seem to be permanently city rank 1. I also don't like the idea of Bloodloch's leaders being in charge of the Dominion and thus the Houses themselves, because of how poor of a job they seem to do at causing meaningful interaction beyond 'Lesser is up, lets go pk'. This system isn't perfect, though. I agree with you that something needs to change because of the shrinking playerbase, but I don't think I agree with your suggestion. It is an interesting one though.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Malok said:

I think you're awesome Zsadist, and I enjoy playing Aetolia with you. That being said, I clicked disagree on your post. Here's why. I enjoy not being in a guild, I also enjoy putting all my effort into my House. That's why I'm permanently House rank 10, and I seem to be permanently city rank 1. I also don't like the idea of Bloodloch's leaders being in charge of the Dominion and thus the Houses themselves, because of how poor of a job they seem to do at causing meaningful interaction beyond 'Lesser is up, lets go pk'. This system isn't perfect, though. I agree with you that something needs to change because of the shrinking playerbase, but I don't think I agree with your suggestion. It is an interesting one though.

Need moar conflict. Which is something I believe they're starting to slowly roll out. Mhun/Grecht, Dominion/Gaes, etc.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Malok said:

I think you're awesome Zsadist, and I enjoy playing Aetolia with you. That being said, I clicked disagree on your post. Here's why. I enjoy not being in a guild, I also enjoy putting all my effort into my House. That's why I'm permanently House rank 10, and I seem to be permanently city rank 1. I also don't like the idea of Bloodloch's leaders being in charge of the Dominion and thus the Houses themselves, because of how poor of a job they seem to do at causing meaningful interaction beyond 'Lesser is up, lets go pk'. This system isn't perfect, though. I agree with you that something needs to change because of the shrinking playerbase, but I don't think I agree with your suggestion. It is an interesting one though.

I think you're misunderstanding my thoughts. I'm not saying join a guild. I'm saying there is absolutely no real point to the Houses. At least from my perspective. They don't really offer anything major to the game other than to provide a faction of which to side with when it comes to Dominion related events. As for BL leader's being in charge of the Dominion, they aren't in charge of the Dominion. The only one in charge of the Dominion is Abhorash, the BL leaders are just like me and you, pawns in the grand scheme of things. Yes, alot of the interaction we see is "Lesser! Lets go pk." but that is BECAUSE we're split 4 different ways in 4 different factions with 4 different ideals and 4 different sets of minor laws. If we were all in a single organization with only one route to communicate by, I think there would be a fair bit more communication other than "Lesser! PK! GO!"

I'm not saying join a guild, i'm not saying that you don't put effort into your House. My opinion is that, to me, the ideas of Houses are kinda self destructive when it comes to a city-wide standpoint and I don't feel they are absolutely necessary anymore.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

MoireanErzsebet
  • I agree that the structure and availability of organisations in the game needs to be commensurate with the playerbase. Too few players, and there is dilution, and not enough critical mass in each org to generate that camaderie/satisfaction from social interaction. Arguably the same can be said about Guilds and/or Cities. 
    AshmerMoireanMalokTrager
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Nuke guilds, all houses, gg.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

AshmerMalokAreka
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited January 2015
    You guys are in the wrong houses >:)

However I will say this, whilst the player base is smaller the content in Nebre'seir at least is not. We have several things going at once, from your basic hunting groups, design competition's, events to other smaller more personal roleplay. In fact we are all very close nit.

Conversely, Bloodloch is very dead pun but that is due to the way it is governed and not the way it is setup. I know personally that 90% of the leadership is pure pk driven, and so do not run roleplay events ever!!

In terms of the Dominion that is a separate kettle of fish altogether, with the recent changes to Bloodhunts being added the opportunity for interaction is at a all time high as it opens avenues for debate, conflict and political intrigue. However, it also requires that some Houses play their part and get involved.

Not pointing fingers at any one particular house.

I only hope people start to push the envelope and test the boundaries more of what can be done in terms of the city now.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Malok
  • I'm a member of a D'baen, Bloodloch, and the Indorani. From what I've seen it's usually a small group of people who all get together and interact via roleplay. The house is great but it's just a small number of us always getting together and doing things and I'd like to see that number grow and perhaps expand into even multihouse groups and see more things happen. Although the most interesting thing I've notice is the sheer number of Consanguine in the Indorani guild. There are more active Consanguine there then in my entire house. Yet without any prompt from good ol' @Dexter it's more quiet that even our lovely city.

Honestly I'd just like to see more interaction between larger groups of players, even in simple things like hunting, combat training within the dominion, or by the divine some kind of roleplay event without it being divine interaction.
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited January 2015
    Man. I remember I used to gather these huge hunts when I was leading Voltaire as Kiralla, that'd span houses and guilds, we'd go out with like 10-20 people and just wreck through random areas. It was almost pointless for the XP, but it was a fun group activity.

Dominion needs more excuse to interact. Also we should annex the BB guildhall to be part of the areas we can play in--it's connected by like one room to the alcazar, or at least it used to be--you just said alcazar instead of the bb password--which, incidentally, suits the Dominion quite well.
    imageimage
    Ishin