LOVE

Comments

• Ahhhh. I saw that movie twice in the movies in a week, and both times, holy god I wished I had my puppy to hug and cry to, like I did with Marley and Me. Losing a dwarf is nearly as sad as losing a dog :/
    MoireanIshinSollace
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    That movie was so bipolar for me. Some parts of it were really good and some were just awful. When Legolas went debris-hopping the whole theatre burst into laughter. And Thranduil was just cringeworthy at the end...
    Ishin[Deleted User]DristinAsaraiiSollace
  • Yeah, the Legolas being Legolas part was like.... WE KNEW THIS WAS COMING. The bears were my favorite. I want to be a bear.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Asaraii said:

Yeah, the Legolas being Legolas part was like.... WE KNEW THIS WAS COMING. The bears were my favorite. I want to be a bear.

I was like wtf is this crouching tiger hidden elf?!

...and Beorn(sp?) is a monster. I luff dat guy. Beast after my own heart. HROAGH.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    AsaraiiSollace
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    But but but, lest we all forget ... WAR PIG -AND- WAR RAM!

MoireanSollace
  • I want to trade one of my horses in for a war ram in the worst way possible :(
    Ishin
    Mariena said:

But but but, lest we all forget ... WAR PIG -AND- WAR RAM!

Asaraii said:

I want to trade one of my horses in for a war ram in the worst way possible :(

Dudes. I was like. Holy fucking shit. A WAR PIGGY. A WAR GOAT. @Sollace can attest to this. I was all like \o/ on the inside.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MarienaAsaraiiSollace
  • I love that in the past 7 days, while working a 40-45 hour a week job I have managed to bash enough in Aetolia, and get enough gold from the various promotions and cryptic chests to go from 130k gold to 630k gold. I've never had this much momentum with gaining gold on any IRE mud, or as much success with being consistent. I hope it continues!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Ashmer
  • Skype with @benedicto today.

Omg he talks like the movies wtffffff.

Everybody needs to hear Bene yell about something at least once in their life.
    DristinDraimanIshinEmelleTeani
  • Rashar said:

Skype with @benedicto today.

Omg he talks like the movies wtffffff.

Everybody needs to hear Bene yell about something at least once in their life.

Must be nice!
    RasharIshin
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Dristin said:
    Skype with @benedicto today. Omg he talks like the movies wtffffff. Everybody needs to hear Bene yell about something at least once in their life.
    Must be nice!
    It was pretty hilarious. Lots of laughs were had with @Trager‌ and @Rashar. Will definitely be happening again.
    Ishin
  • I watched Guardians of the Galaxy. For the first time. Because I finally moved out from under the rock which I once lived. 

Worth the $1.61 to rent from Redbox. Kind of want to buy it but it is always sold out. At least I know why. 
    MoireanArekaIshinGwenithAryanne
  • Give it a week or two. It was a recent release just before the holidays and stores take a little time around this time of year to restock.
  • @nola My mom got me some of that over the summer, I haven't tried it yet though. I pay stupid amounts of money for hair stuff, but now I want to try it >_>
    Nola
  • It is glorious. I've never really fallen in love with a hair product, they were all similar to me and didn't really do much besides smell nice most of the time.

Now I see the light.
    Rilath said:

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy. For the first time. Because I finally moved out from under the rock which I once lived. 

Worth the $1.61 to rent from Redbox. Kind of want to buy it but it is always sold out. At least I know why. 

Is that movie the shit or what?!
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    RilathTragerAryanne
  • Ishin said:
    I watched Guardians of the Galaxy. For the first time. Because I finally moved out from under the rock which I once lived. 

Is that movie the shit or what?!
    It is, as you say, the shit. 
    Ishin
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Why would you let me miss out on this show for so long??

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

AsaraiiNola
  • I posted about that a few weeks ago, or something. Your fault for not reading forums moar. That show is the highlight of my life.
  • edited January 2015
    Darkie web. You guys know who you are.

EDIT: We wound up in a rap battle somehow. Link is hastebin'd back-and-forth. WARNING: some offensive words are in there!

http://hastebin.com/uvimibuzod.dos

(From Zezi's perspective since my stupid mudlet crashed)

EDIT EDIT: I promise mine are less offensive than Zezi's. Don't let the first one end it.

WHO WON?

WHO'S NEXT?

YOU DECIDE!

...jk please don't decide who's next.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Draiman
  • I wanted to throw out some love to the LGBT community - marriage licenses are now being issued in Florida (first one in my county issued at 8am this morning)! I'm currently writing a memo for my work about the implications of this decision on spousal employee benefits. Yay.
    AshmerEmelleIshinAryanneRiluo
  • Faerah said:

I wanted to throw out some love to the LGBT community - marriage licenses are now being issued in Florida (first one in my county issued at 8am this morning)! I'm currently writing a memo for my work about the implications of this decision on spousal employee benefits. Yay.

I'd love to read your thoughts on what the implications could be after you're done. :) Maybe we can debate/talk about it at some point :)
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

FaerahIshin
  • Sure! But... Give me a day or so. I'm having no shortage of debate on the subject with other attorneys in my office... So I am experiencing a bit of burnout. :dizzy_face:
  • I don't really understand how it would even be debatable. You're a spouse, you're a spouse, so benefits? Maybe I'm really only seeing the knuckle dragger surface here, though.
    MoireanIshinAldric
  • Take your time @Faerah. :) I always enjoy our debates/talks :)
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• edited January 2015
    @Rashar - For Florida, the merits of the case have not actually been decided in a definitive matter yet. The marriages are being performed pursuant to a preliminary injunction against the enforcement of Florida's codified anti-marriage laws (one of which dates back to 1977) that a federal court issued. There's a lot of confusion that's been cycling through the state regarding the breadth of that federal judge's decision actually was, especially since the 11th Circuit has not made a decision on appeal yet. That being said, the 11th Circuit (and US Supreme Court) did deny an extension of the stay that was placed against the preliminary injunction (effectively allowing the gay marriages to begin)... So that bodes well for the gay right's movement.

As for well, the implications re: benefits? The ACA does not define spouses as dependents in terms of the provision of insurance. Effectively, employers do not have to provide insurance to non-employee spouses. So... If my employer wanted to, they could just not provide spousal benefits to anyone - thus excluding same-sex spouses in the process. There's also a contract argument that's been floating about... Since the benefits contract was written with Florida's codified "marriage is between a man and a woman" law in mind when defining what a "dependent" was. In sum, more people qualifying for "dependent" status than were initially contemplated when the contracts were signed will raise the cost of the plans per employee... So there's an argument that those costs should not be assessed retroactively.

Ultimately, lawyers like to argue and think about all the different ways things could potentially work out (even if the chances of success of any given argument is fairly low). So... There's rarely a situation that lawyers cannot find something to argue about. Personally, I fall into your camp: "uh, they're spouses so... yeah..." But, I have to address all the arguments and flesh out the court's decision so that when we're sued by a disgruntled retiree with a higher insurance bill - we have already covered our bases.

ANYWAY! Back to sharing some love. @Zsadist‌ - I like our debates/talks too!
    ZsadistIshin
  • My neighbor came to introduce herself... And brought mini pumpkin muffins. 

At least now I have something to talk about when I see her next : "So, those muffins... I need the recipe."
    Aldric
  • You clearly moved in next to @Sessizlik.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    AshmerIshinTeaniMoireanTrager
  • I love @Callidora, @Asaraii, @Coribhell, @Sarita, @Chakrasul, @Ashmer, and everyone else who interacts with me that makes this game worth playing. I bought an Xbox One recently, which I also love, but instead of playing it...I'm playing a text based game instead, because of these crazy people. I also still love cereal.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    CallidoraRiluoIshinAsaraii