Charlotte, NC February meet?

So, by some fun coincidences, I'll be in Charlotte, NC over my birthday next year (February 19-23, 2015) for a work convention.

Anyway! I won't have a ton of free time, but since it'll be my first time anywhere near the East Coast, I thought it'd be kinda awesome if any nearby-ish Aetolians wanted to maybe go catch a "Happy birthday to me" drink/dinner/random pass by on the road with enthusiastic waving?

Moirean

Comments

• I'm like 15 minutes from Charlotte.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Aryanne
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Sold. I'll be there.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Aryanne
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I'll be there! :D

Aryanne
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    I'm down.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Aryanne
  • : D YAY! I don't know what the convention's schedule will be at this point, nor my flight times, but I'll be absolutely thrilled to see anyone who can meet up! If ya'll have suggestions for "fun things for visitors to do", throw them out, cause I haven't got a clue.

• I'm down, and really, my birthday is on the 6th, so I could just hold off celebration and we could get drunk from opposite sides of the road, with less than enthusiastic waves!!

We might even smile at each other!! Heavens t'Betsy!
    Aryanne
    Aryanne said:

: D YAY! I don't know what the convention's schedule will be at this point, nor my flight times, but I'll be absolutely thrilled to see anyone who can meet up! If ya'll have suggestions for "fun things for visitors to do", throw them out, cause I haven't got a clue.

Kind of depends on what you want to do and what you like to eat. There is food all over the place that is just tasty. We have 6 malls (2 outlet ones). There is NASCAR crap (ugh). Uptown has epicenter with bowling, bars, etc. Carrowinds in SC (but it's not that great, imo). Water rapid training place (never been, yet). Raptor rescue (for birdies). Lazy something or another ranch (drive through zoo-type-thing). We have some museums and things. Basketball and Hockey games.

Aryanne
  • I might be able to drive up. Would have to wait until it gets closer to February.  Working 7 days a week for now...
    Aryanne
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I live pretty close to NC too, Ary. Remind me and I'll ride down if I can :)
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Aryanne
  • Dang, you got lots of fun stuff! I'll probably have either Sunday afternoon/evening or Thursday Day/evening as the days I'm really free to do anything, and I'm -pretty- sure we're not renting me a car, so I'll be relatively stuck to whatever is easily accessed from the hotel (Westin Charlotte?)

I won't know the convention's schedule until probably December/January, so couldn't figure any specifics on my part until then

Aryanne said:

Dang, you got lots of fun stuff! I'll probably have either Sunday afternoon/evening or Thursday Day/evening as the days I'm really free to do anything, and I'm -pretty- sure we're not renting me a car, so I'll be relatively stuck to whatever is easily accessed from the hotel (Westin Charlotte?)

I won't know the convention's schedule until probably December/January, so couldn't figure any specifics on my part until then

You'll be smack-dab up in uptown, basically, so..you'll have a lot of restaurants, the Epicentre, museums, and the NASCAR silly museum thing. We have a baseball and football stadium up there as well, but imagining that nothing will be going on. If you decide you want to go somewhere like Carowinds, I can always come pick you up and drag you out.

Btw, that hotel is fantastic, if it's the uptown one. My company had their Christmas party there last year. Freaking. Awesome.

Periluna
    Ishin said:

VIRGINIA CARPOOL

SolariaIshin
    Ashmer said:

Ishin said:

VIRGINIA CARPOOL
    Probs. Unless my bike is back on the road. Might ride down, if it is. Either way. Virginia carpool/motorcade/convoy. Only just under a 4 hr trip. Be a nice ride. Ass be hurtin' after. Lol.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin

Caravan it is.

Ishin
  • Dude.

That is Rashar's wagon.

I have RP'd under that wagon.
    Trager
    It's okay, I'll drive.

Ishin
  • edited October 2014
    1 . Trager: "LOL that wagon picture."
    2 . Trager: "Omg."
    3 . Rashar: "Rofl, right."
    4 . Trager: "OMG that is the damn wagon."
    5 . Trager: "Too funny."
    6 . Teani: "<.< what wagon?"
    7 . Rashar: "That's Rashar and Trager dude."
    9 . Rashar: "In the picture."
    10. Trager: "Oops."
    11. Rashar: "They're contemplating Holy War."
    12. Teani: "Care to share your fun?"
    13. Rashar: "Look at Rash sprawled out with those flowing locks."
    16. Trager: "Rash lookin' hot man."
    17. Rashar: "Trager all skinny and dressed in black."
    18. Rashar: "Ready to Syssin."
    19. Trager: "That picture. I can't even."
    20. Rashar: "Baha."

@Trager‌

@oleis, still want my wagon pet. And holy spear.
    TragerEmelle
  • Not to try and be a weirdo and necro an older thread, but is this still a thing? I was just thinking about how cool it'd be to do an east coast meet of some sort. I'm only about 5 hours drive away from Charlotte myself, and wouldn't mind making the trip.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Well, I will still definitely be there! Work convention is definitely still on regardless

Yeah, doing this.

Ishin
    I'll probably come down! Even if I have to pay @Ashmer some gas money to come pick me up.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • I'd definitely like to come down, assuming I can get in on that Virginia carpool. Bad eye means no driving for me.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
  • It's about an 8-hour drive for me, which would totally be doable if I could find a cheap (cheap cheap) hotel nearby where everybody else will be. Definitely will have to think about this one!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Melantha said:

I'd definitely like to come down, assuming I can get in on that Virginia carpool. Bad eye means no driving for me.

Where you at bro
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:

Where you at bro

I think this one might be a brosephina.

"Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Malok said:

Ishin said:

Where you at bro

No it's a bro.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Ishin said:

Malok said:

Ishin said:

Where you at bro

No it's a bro.
    My bad, brostopher.

• Ahaha, yeah, sorry. I'm in the Hampton Roads area. Could maybe meet at the Greyhound station or something.
    Avatar courtesy of Eleanor. Thank you!
    ~~

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    Where's everyone coming from in Virginia, city-wise? I'm still fairly new to the state and don't know where everything is. I can't really drive further north to pick people up, but I'm willing to take winding detours south. I'm also likely not staying the whole day, 'cause I can't afford a hotel.

• Within reason, I -may- be able to board some people in my house. You'd have to bring air mattresses or something, but I have a huge blank area in my house that could hold up some people. Just a matter of being able to see how many might need that and conning my husband into letting me do it. You'd have to be willing to deal with 4 cats and two people (my mother and I) that may get up from time to time in the night.