Ironbeard's nice list

2»

Comments

• edited December 2014
    I got an artifact keyring and ~15K gold. <3!

What a fun promotion! I was seriously shocked when I left Nirvana and Ironbeard popped out at me. I walked right past him giving me the giftbag and had to go back to thank him. :smiley:
    Ishin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Zsadist said:

I really wish there were more of these trees being planted so everyone could have a chance at shaking them. I just searched everywhere after waking up at 715am..... and found absolutely nothing. :(

New trees are planted approximately every 4 hours. The formula is tuned to ebb and flow a little. I will say that in the very first tick, Flintbeard planted 40 trees.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Ishin
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    A libram! I found a tree too, (but cant remember what it gave me.) It was neat!
    Ishin
  • Oleis said:

Zsadist said:

I really wish there were more of these trees being planted so everyone could have a chance at shaking them. I just searched everywhere after waking up at 715am..... and found absolutely nothing. :(

New trees are planted approximately every 4 hours. The formula is tuned to ebb and flow a little. I will say that in the very first tick, Flintbeard planted 40 trees.
    Is there any messaging or anything that will let people know when trees were placed, or a way to see how many are placed. It just can be frustrating to be searching for things that don't exist.
    Kendri
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited December 2014
    The tree spawns might be a bit buggy. I saw two in my xaanhal and I know other people found them in theirs within a few minutes after I found mine. That seems a high number for one area especially because instance and weirdness. Items get weird there.
  • @Zsadist‌ - They are out there, try more obscure areas... There are quite a few I am counting though available to be shaken...

I guarantee you have had oversight in some locations however.
    Konnorn
  • Hrm. I got a Llesian Rebirth crystal thingy... I thought it wasn't that great, until I saw what other people were getting.
  • Pft that's 66 credits dood.
    MephistolesTeani
  • How much is the xp gain buff? Doesn't seem to show up on audit.
    Rawr
  • Got a second giftbag, this one had 7155 gold in it. Gold is gold, I suppose.

I do really love the tree promotion though! Encouraging activity and not just standing around afk to get something.
    Konnorn
  • Trees are great. Except that one with like 1672 gold in it. Really, Flintbeard!? Here I thought Ironbeard was cheap. 
    Ishin
  • I haven't been able to find any trees since this howling, and I have heard from a lot of people asking if it was over as they're having difficulties as well.

Is the event over with Flintbeard's trees, or is there something else going on?
  • @Mael‌ They are still out there, I just checked to be sure.
    Mael
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I've never had any issues with finding these trees, so yeah, they're out there. If you can't find them yourself there might be people (like myself) who announce when finding a tree after shaking theirs. Keep checking CTELLS to see if someone announced a tree somewhere. You never know!

• edited December 2014
    I've spent probably 2 hours looking for trees today and only found 2 which is a little frustrating. I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong places or what.

Edit: Of course after I say something I finally find my last tree
  • I didn't see Ironbeard a single time, despite spending most of my free time this week on Aetolia, actually logged in and playing it(unlike everyone else who was logged in). The trees were a nice compensation though. I am sad that they seemed to stop spawning in Xaanhal now, however.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
    Rilath
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I made some tweaks to the tree formula last night. We ended up in a case where there were only a few in existence. Now we should never go more than a couple hours with fewer than 10 trees.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    KendriMalok
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Just a word of warning - the buffs don't appear to be persisting through class changes, so check the changelogs before you swap classes if you have the buffs from the trees and want to retain them!
  • Well, look at this. I got my first visit from Ironbeard tonight.
    A heavy iron-link giftbag is holding:
    4400 gold sovereigns.
    Nothing.
    Im not one to complain at free gold. Thanks Ironbeard!
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • Second visit from Ironbeard, 1st was 3.8K gold, this one... 8K and 10 Iron Coins.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    yeah I see lots of 3k or other yawn worthy stuff :P

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Erzsebet
  • .. I'm just going to afk in my haven all night till I get a visit

Politics
  • Last year ironbeard gave me a 700 arti gift that made me stick around on alee... (as I traded it in for credits to learn stuffs)

This year he gave me just under 5000 gold. I have no complaints as its a reward I did absolutely nothing to get.
    Ishin
  • He finally found meeeeeeee. A chalice and 20k. Ironbeard knows things. Woo woo.
    IshinTeani