Never saw this before

How does a loyal city mobile take damage when a seemingly non-related denizen a far distance away is attacked.... any ideas anyone?

--- Within nihilic shadow ------ 2:-14:-3 ---
A ringing cacophony fills the air, centered on a filigree obsidian stand and the fluted basin captured within its clawed arms. A Nazetu intercessor hovers here, a look of sheer bliss encapsulating his visage. There are 2 balls of chitinous legs here.
You see exits leading up and down.

The area dims as a Nazetu intercessor floats away to the up.
You can find no such target as 'nazetu'.
You must select another target, or move to another room.

A sharp limb lashes out from a ball of chitinous legs and pierces straight through Colette's chest.

Colette sticks herself with a long needle.

With a look of agony on her face, Colette manages to writhe herself free of the weapon which impaled her.

Several barbed appendages burst forth from a ball of chitinous legs and rake across Videssian's skin.

Videssian eats a lung slice.

Videssian sticks himself with a long needle.
You can find no such target as 'nazetu'.
You must select another target, or move to another room.

A sharp limb lashes out from a ball of chitinous legs and pierces straight through Colette's chest.

With a soft hiss, Videssian launches himself at Father Jamasco, battering him in a frenzied flurry of strikes.
(Bloodloch): Father Jamasco says, "Help me!"

(Bloodloch): A shawl-draped scion of despair says, "I heard a cry for help at 'Bloodloch West Gate!'"
(Bloodloch): A shawl-draped scion of despair says, "Quickly, to 'Bloodloch West Gate', I heard a scream!"
(Bloodloch): A domineering Carnifex knight says, "That cry! We've got to get to 'Bloodloch West Gate!'"

Colette sticks herself with a long needle.

(Bloodloch): A callous Praenomen guard says, "Did you hear that? There's trouble at 'Bloodloch West Gate!'"
(Bloodloch): An imperious hemic savant says, "That cry! We've got to get to 'Bloodloch West Gate!'"

With a look of agony on her face, Colette manages to writhe herself free of the weapon which impaled her.

Several barbed appendages burst forth from a ball of chitinous legs and rake across Videssian's skin.

Videssian eats a lung slice.

With a soft hiss, Colette launches herself at a ball of chitinous legs, battering it in a frenzied flurry of strikes.

Videssian sticks himself with a long needle.
Videssian follows you to the up.
Entering a shadowed void.
--- Area 407: Tiyen Esityi ------- v39071 ---

[+]

[^]
|
[ ]-[ ]-[ ]
|
[ ]-[ ]-[ ]
|
--- Entering a shadowed void --- 2:-14:-2 ---
A Nazetu intercessor hovers here, a look of sheer bliss encapsulating his visage.
You see exits leading up and down.

A mutated Nazetu intercessor snarls angrily at you and moves in for the kill.

With a soft hiss, Videssian launches himself at a mutated Nazetu intercessor, battering him in a frenzied flurry of strikes.
Videssian has scored a CRITICAL hit!

A bolt of emerald energy, conjured by a mutated Nazetu intercessor's firm gesticulation, lances squarely through Videssian's chest.

Videssian eats a kidney slice.

Comments

• I took a look at this after it had happened, I am entirely uncertain as I had originally thought something else had happen. I am going to blame this incident on a freak bug and have the higher ups perhaps look into it.

• edited December 2014
    Next time, utilizing the BUG command may be easier. @Saervok‌
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Or quotes and misquotes. That was pretty funny!
  • Well, the log was well worth sharing... especially considering that the second part of that log is us rushing to the rescue of Father Jamasco, only to have Videssian slain on sight for his brutal assault. And of course, the interrogation from the City representatives who certainly had great doubt in our story.

The incident has been issued.
    Haven
  • Looks like the game put the mob in Tiyen

With a soft hiss, Videssian launches himself at Father Jamasco, battering him in a frenzied flurry of strikes.

.. but funny you got Videssian killed :P
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Ishin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    While we've put a lot of effort into cleaning things up, at some level Rapture will always rely on the exchange of global variables. Because they aren't limited by scope, it's possible for other routines to change the variable (in this case probably 'target') at an inopportune moment. This usually manifest itself with strings rather than numbers ("You have been slain by a luscious red apple."), but the number switch is possible.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Regardless of the cause, the RP fun that came out of this was incredibly enjoyable.
    IshinInfin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Meaning, please let rapture create more bugs like that one! <.< (or not)

IshinSaervok