Ironbeard's nice list

In other IRE games I played there is usually a topic for people to show off what Ironbeard brought to them. I thought I'd start one here.

What did Ironbeard bring you this Celesmas?

Politics
Menelaus

Comments

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    5000 gold and 10 iron coins, then he vomited on my shoes and weep about his ex. Guy needs help, not more drinks!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Should return the gold to him and point him towards the fling ;)

Politics
    Riluo
  • So far I just got a language token, but that's kind of karma for all the awesome stuff I got out of the cryptic chests as soon as the month started.
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'
  • 3 grimstim pills
  • Ironbeard doesn't like me..... in the two years I've played Aetolia, Ironbeard has never once visited me. :( I guess I'm on the naughty list.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• I've never seen him either, is there some sort of hangout that he frequents, or is it just a random "hey I'm here" kind of thing?
  • Random @Saervok.

I got 5099 gold in mine.
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I got 6,896 gold in mine. I think HELP GIFTBAGS is wrong.
    Menelaus
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    5500ish gold.
  • HELP GIFTBAGS has been off for a while on one or two things.

@Oleis on giftbag value back in in the first days of October's promotion:
    Oleis said:

...the IRE standard of 3cr..

( http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/comment/61465/#Comment_61465 )

Gift bag value was discussed a fair amount in that thread, and I'd imagine the best way to go for now is to look at HELP GIFTBAGS for what items are possible, but maybe not the exact amount of those items.
    Rawr
    Menelaus
  • I am think that promo giftbags=\= Celesmas ones.

Politics
  • Gwenith said:

I am think that promo giftbags=\= Celesmas ones.

Except it clearly states at the top of Help Giftbags:

Giftbags are often given away during promotions, such as Ironbeard. They will contain one of the prizes selected randomly from the following list:

And then lower down:

Gold
    ----
    Between 10,000 and 35,000 gold.

Could the help file be updated, please?
    MenelausErzsebet
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Oh my stars are people complaining about low Ironbeard yield again

XeniaAldricTeani[Deleted User]ErzsebetInfinMephistoles
  • I don't think so.. I don't think anyone has complained about what they've gotten. Some people really like their help files accurate!
    MenelausInfinMephistoles
  • I just prefer to know if it's intended or if I should be sending in a bug. According to the help file it would be bugged, but that may not be the case.
    MenelausErzsebet
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Whether it says an amount or not in a help file, be thankful you get anything for free at all.
    I got 8.4k. Woot!! :smiley:

DraimanMenelaus
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I'm going to post what I said in game (and elaborate), in response to the people shooting down those being underwhelmed.

They are advertising Ironbeard as a promotion this month to entice people to login, increase activity and indirectly help with newbie retention. Even if 90% of the people are idling, that's an extra 10% who aren't, and the game itself looks busier. MMO-type games retain players better if the game world looks more active. It also encourages people from other games to roll newbs to benefit from the promo. I'm sure there is at least a partial link between giveaway promos like these and when they are done (ie times when numbers tend to increase because of people being off from school/work/etc).

So, it's not entirely just something free they are giving away out of the good of their hearts. In my opinion it's perfectly valid for a player to give feedback to the admin to indicate that the prizes are underwhelming - in general, if the prizes for something tend to be really minor or not compelling, it undercuts the activity itself and people won't want to bother participating, be that a promotion or a contest or a bashing area. That sort of feedback, one would think, would be rather valuable, as it helps pinpoint the sorts of things and range that hit the mark.

Feedback like this in the past has led to greater profit - look at Imperian, for example. They did the relic stuff before us and the initial release was really viewed as meh. After a bit of forum discussion they tweaked the promo and people started buying thousands of credits. Obviously Ironbeard isn't as easy to directly analyze as a credit purchase promo, but fiddling with him can have an impact.
    MenelausIshinFaerahErzsebetRivas
  • 3k gold but it's ok, I just figured there would be some sort of update to let people know the changes and be less confusing to new people, that's why it's important that Help file is changed, not for us, but for new people.
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Riluo said:

5000 gold and 10 iron coins, then he vomited on my shoes and weep about his ex. Guy needs help, not more drinks!

You need to introduce him to some of your ghouls, bro. :disappointed:

I got a couple of thousand gold and bragging rights over @Xenia who was hanging out with Ish at the time. Who still hasn't gotten a visit, I don't think. :D
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MoireanXeniaTeaniRiluo
  • Has anyone gotten anything that's actually worth anything, as yet? /idle curiousity

Just saw someone else get like 6k.
    imageimage
  • @Erzsebet‌ I ended up with a mint
    Infin
  • I got refills for all my venoms and cures and a newly restocked cache.
    InfinIshin
  • 5k, ca-ching.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Well hot damn, screw the giftbags, these trees are the way to go!

You grasp a grisly Celesmas tree and give it a vigorous shake, attempting to unroot and topple it over.
    With a great heave, you manage to send the blighted Celesmas tree falling to the ground.
    A stocking falls out from amongst the fallen branches. As you look inside, you find 41439 gold
    sovereigns.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Teani
    edited December 2014
    Oh that reminds me. brb pulling item from stocking.

Edit: eff yes 10k
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Eww, Ishin. Keep that private.
    Ge-ttin' Moneeeeeeeey

Awwww ye bb
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Haven
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    like 6000 gold.
  • Nek minute : Duiran going out to stop people strangling dem trees thar for profit.

Politics
    Ishin
  • I really wish there were more of these trees being planted so everyone could have a chance at shaking them. I just searched everywhere after waking up at 715am..... and found absolutely nothing. :(
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Ishin