LOVE

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Gwenith said:

Oh god. Studio Ghibli. To be precise "Kikki's Delivery Service", a friend let me borrow about 6 months after I moved to another city away from all my family. I got to sick to work or travel so I wasn't able to go home for Christmas while all my flatmates left to go see their family. I sat there bawling my eyes out because it was just so true, so, so true to how I felt.

I bought @Sollace Princess Mononoke the other day on blu-ray. She'd never seen it, so it was one of her Christmas presents. She absolutely loved it, and when she saw the kodama, she was like, THAT'S WHAT YOU SHOWED ME WAS IN ISHIN'S HAVEN!!

Was really awesome getting to watch it with her :) Those guys do awesome work. Is that movie any good, @Gwenith?
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MoireanSollace
  • @Ishin .I've o nly see part of "Kikki's Delivery Service" , but what I saw was good
  • edited December 2014
    @Ishin : There really isn't such a thing as a bad studio Ghibli film. Must put a warning on "Grave of the Fireflies" though. It's the opposite of a fuzzy warm feeling movie. It's like watership down and plague dogs had a misery baby.

Politics
    Trigru
    Gwenith said:

@Ishin : There really isn't such a thing as a bad studio Ghibli film. Must put a warning on "Grave of the Fireflies" though. It's the opposite of a fuzzy warm feeling movie. It's like watership down and plague dogs had a misery baby.

Graveyard fucked me hard, Gwen. Real hard. :|
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • It hits everyone hard. It should be the test if you can feel sympathy or not. If you don't go "That's so fucked" you're a monster.

Politics
    Ishin
  • edited December 2014
    I have no idea what it is, but I feel like a movie entitled "Graveyard of the fireflies" should be somewhat obviously... not warm and fuzzy?

• Finding a village that just appears to be empty besides being overrun with a bunch of stray cats. Haha. Easily amused!
    AryanneLuna
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    I still need to see The Wind Rises. It's one of those movies though that I will need to seriously prep myself. I cry at pretty much every Ghibli movie, (even if it's happy tears) so I can only imagine how this gutwrenchingly depressing movie will be for me.

As an aside, I owned Pan's Labyrinth on blu-ray for about three years before I got the guts to watch it and I still wept like a giant baby at the end. I've been told I'm a very sensitive soul, but I think that's code for "blubbers at any and all movies".

Ghend
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Oh yeah, and Princess Kaguya is coming out. I'll weep at that too. Here's the trailers:

Miyazaki and Takahata just kill me.

Gwenith
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I'm not a fan of Pan's Labyrinth.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    AryanneSollace
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited December 2014
    MAJOR FOCI OMG WHY WILL I NOT BE HOME FOR ANOTHER 2 HOURS
  • The aren't released yet, just a teaser. You have plenty of time to get home before they are active. :)

Politics
  • Took pictures of my foal with reindeer antlers on this morning, and got this in a chest. STOP PLAYING WITH MY FEELS PLZ.

Fitted beams of cherrywood have been given a fine lacquer finish before being
    set together to form this cage. The latching mechanism prevents the exit of any
    creature that might be stored within. A small rune has been painted on the
    surface in white.
    The cage contains a sprightly foal.
    Ishin
  • I love that since I work in a retail environment, I get to see a plethora of different emotional states during the holidays. Anywhere from extremely nice and polite, to absolute melt downs.

I will be thankful, work wise, when the holidays are over.

Also, I loved getting to see a musical production of It's a Wonderful Life! It is one of my favorite holiday movies, and they did a pretty damn good production, even if I felt the music detracted from the story.

Ishin
  • I've thrown out a few loves to my boyfriend already. This is another one.

One of my most respected and adored uncles had his second heart surgery last week and on Sunday we got the call that he passed all his tests with flying colours and was free to go home. A few hours later we got the call that he had passed away. So, yes sad.

After dinner tonight my boyfriend came over to me with his hands behind his back and a big grin.
    Boy: I've got something for you!
    Me: ... Oh god, it's a spider isn't it! GO AWAY!
    Boy: What no, no spider.
    Me: Frog?
    Boy: I'm not.. what? Look I got you a Starlord.

Politics
    TragerGhendAryanneSetneEmelleIshin
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited December 2014
    This is what I picture every time someone dies to Herolt's quiz on deathsight:

EDIT: Well the forums embed Youtube videos weirdly, skip to 2 minutes for relevant part.
    Haven[Deleted User]
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I love that little interaction Ninette and I had with Teneric. Sorry for AFKing on whichever delightful person that was! Alas, werk. But that was fun! Those little moments really brighten things up.
  • I love globes and chalices. So hard. I don't have the attention span for grinding to endgame. They make life so much easier.

Also love @Cara and @Aldera for being such great help. I probably wouldn't of kept playing if it wasn't for them. The orgs I'm in are pretty quiet and I'm pretty antisocial so I <3 them for being so awesome.
    Ishin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Much love to whoever was controlling Phillip.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    TragerMoireanDraimanMelanthaIshin
  • Setne said:

Much love to whoever was controlling Phillip.

Unfair fight. I will return with more artifacts at a later date.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Friend of mine I play WoW/LoL with just sent me a bunch of random asian candy including mochi and bunch of other crap I don't know the name of. Almost all of it was delicious.

AldricIshinEmelleAryanne
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.

I was browsing imgur, this reminds me of aetolia and I love it.

DraimanRiluoEmelleSollace
  • Cho'gath is just pretending to be a gentlemen, Sona is about to get eaten.

Haven
    edited December 2014
    He's about to ult her squishy ass, yo.

Then Cho be like

MMM DAT SONA POCKY
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Haven
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    I dunno, fella has a pretty serious cravat going on there.

[Deleted User]Ishin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Went to a really fun meet up and tournament for hearthstone players in my area. Won a door prize (skullcandy headphones)! Super tired now tho and need to do Xmas shopping this weekend so no aet for me tonight. I love that I'm so busy and that my orgs are awesome - every time I apologize for not being around on x night they are all like shut up and go have fun!
    RiluoIshin
  • I've been up making origami lucky starts to put in my chinese-takeout style present boxes for all the gifts for Christmas I've gotten for people. I'm tired and I still have three boxes to go.. I decided to only do fifteen stars a box.

While this is a love because I've enjoyed doing it, I have stayed up WAY TOO LONG for a sick person..
    Ishin
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Best be careful. Lucky stars are habit forming. This isn't even all of them.

...incidentally if anyone wants to buy lucky stars...

GwenithGhendEmelleNolaKonnornLuna