Let Me Debunk Your Goofy Rumors

OleisOleis Producer EmeritusAdministrator, Immortal
Have any conspiracies or lingering questions about Aetolia? Any misconceptions that bug you? Wondering if Wedric really DID disappear because he's serving time for bestiality?

Give me your nagging queries.
You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
[---]
"^," Slyphe agrees with you.
Ishin

Comments

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Are you guys -REALLY- working on a conflict system, or is that just something you guys say to keep us coms interested in the game :|
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    RiluoFaerahAngwe
  • Is fishing an in-joke or is it really on the books?

Politics
    Ishin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Is Ilyon really not Polish?
    Infin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Ishin said:

Are you guys -REALLY- working on a conflict system, or is that just something you guys say to keep us coms interested in the game :|

One of them is in testing and another is in the design phase.
    Gwenith said:

Is fishing an in-joke or is it really on the books?

Fishing was the pet project of a volunteer who later had to stop volunteering. I'll probably get bored one day and code it so that a Celani can earn brownie points by putting in fishing holes.
    Aishia said:

Is Ilyon really not Polish?

Ilyon is from New Jersey.
    [---]
    TragerIlyonEzalorInfin
  • Are major leylines going to be returning? Are Houses going to be disappearing at any point in time?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Zsadist said:

Are major leylines going to be returning? Are Houses going to be disappearing at any point in time?

Major Foci are always a possibility. We don't have any plans to remove Houses right now.
    [---]
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    What about the Factions system? What's that looking like?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Keroc
    Haven said:

What about the Factions system? What's that looking like?

This is by no means an official decision, but I think the consensus is that factions were an "eyes bigger than our stomachs" initiative. In theory, they are absolutely incredible. Our game's structure is perfect for it, too. Content-wise, however, we'd need a TEAM of people, paid and working hard, to even come close to the scope of what we wanted. That's a full writing staff, not a small pocket of dedicated volunteers.

You may see factions as part of our Albedos releases, but don't expect the wave of faction content we might have teased in the past.
    [---]
  • Is there a move towards 4 guilds per city going on or are the recent changes (removing shapeshifting guilds/merging BB and Prae) just a coincidental effect of leaving Spines, Duiran and BL with 4 guilds?

PS not a loaded question, just genuinely interested. I'd hope nothing was taken from Enorian as I think the guilds there are all unique and add something special

Xenia said:

Is there a move towards 4 guilds per city going on or are the recent changes (removing shapeshifting guilds/merging BB and Prae) just a coincidental effect of leaving Spines, Duiran and BL with 4 guilds?

PS not a loaded question, just genuinely interested. I'd hope nothing was taken from Enorian as I think the guilds there are all unique and add something special

Removing the Shapeshifting guilds was more to the goal of neutralizing the Shapeshifter class as part of the big revamp and making the class equally accessible to everyone.

The BB/Prae merger was an idea specific to vampire revamp. It didn't really play into an overarching plan for the game world. It was just a way to streamline vampirism.

Right now, we don't have any standing plans to close another organization.
    [---]
    Xenia
  • Always kid around about this when RNG blows up in my face just a ridiculous amount of times, but so I can finally stop looking warily towards the drawer where I keep my aluminum foil: Have you guys ever manipulated the outcomes of roulette or blackjack just to mess with people?
    Rawr
    IshinZsadist
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Oleis said:

Xenia said:

Is there a move towards 4 guilds per city going on or are the recent changes (removing shapeshifting guilds/merging BB and Prae) just a coincidental effect of leaving Spines, Duiran and BL with 4 guilds?

Removing the Shapeshifting guilds was more to the goal of neutralizing the Shapeshifter class as part of the big revamp and making the class equally accessible to everyone.

The BB/Prae merger was an idea specific to vampire revamp. It didn't really play into an overarching plan for the game world. It was just a way to streamline vampirism.

Right now, we don't have any standing plans to close another organization.
    This answer is a bit...odd, since Razmael publicly went on record in 2 different monthly update posts stating that the admin planned to remove 4 guilds.

We've kinda been sitting patiently waiting for the balance to even out, as we were under the impression that guild uneveness is something that would be fixed by the overall plan in the long run - is that plan now dropped? If so, are there plans to adjust the unbalanced starting newbie ratios? (Spines: 3 guilds, Duiran: 3 guilds, Enorian: 4 guilds, Bloodloch: 3 guilds AND all the vampire houses). Having more orgs innately based in a city (and newbs funneled in through there) is a pretty clear benefit.

Ishin
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    There was a lot of neat stuff mentioned in December 2012-March 2013 in development posts:
    • Espionage and Communication Ylem trees.
    • Ascendril/Sciomancer revamps.
    • Changes to the Imperium to make it relevant (I guess now Dominion).
    • Removal of four guilds in total (two guilds have been removed at this point).
    • Factions/raids as new PvE content.
    By the sounds of it, it's already been decided that some of this stuff will not happen, or happen in a fundamentally different manner than was originally intended. I feel like it'd be a good thing if the direction of the game was a bit more visible to the playerbase. The development posts I mentioned were a great example, and I'm still not sure why they were discontinued. Even if there wasn't one every month, it'd be nice to get updates on where things are occasionally.

In particular, I'd be interested in knowing of the Dominion is considered finalized. It was a huge thing when it came out, but it was set up in a way that it is completely dependant on Abhorash, and there is nothing about it that really makes it relevant (except that undead houses has to be part of it to get new novices). There was no real method of progression in the organization, no outlet for intrigue/scheming/conflict/rewards/et cetera. To me, it almost felt like a second Imperium. Perhaps things are bit more active now, but I figured I'd bring it up to hear what your opinion is.

Thank you.
    MoireanTragerTeani
  • Is Razmael tucked away in the batcave somewhere working on a really big project or something? It seems like lately he's been pretty quiet.

Just making sure he didn't fatally forget to turn his oven off, I mean.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanIshinTragerTeaniErzsebet
  • I heard when I first started playing that the newbie introduction was getting a revamp - that was many months ago, is a trial revamp still in the works?

Politics
    edited December 2014
    Amberlea said:

Always kid around about this when RNG blows up in my face just a ridiculous amount of times, but so I can finally stop looking warily towards the drawer where I keep my aluminum foil: Have you guys ever manipulated the outcomes of roulette or blackjack just to mess with people?

Nope! That would involve temporarily editing some of the ugliest code Aetolia has to offer. Nothing is worth that.
    Moirean said:

Guild deletion, etc.

I said we don't have standing plans to delete a guild. I can't make any promises as to the future, but I can say that we're not aggressively planning to delete anything else.
    Aldric said:

Is Razmael tucked away in the batcave somewhere working on a really big project or something? It seems like lately he's been pretty quiet.

Just making sure he didn't fatally forget to turn his oven off, I mean.

Yep! I've locked him in a cupboard. Sometimes I wear his ceremonial headdress and pretend I'm in charge.

In reality, he's been CRANKING on a really huge project that you guys will get to preview soon. I'm so excited.
    Gwenith said:

I heard when I first started playing that the newbie introduction was getting a revamp - that was many months ago, is a trial revamp still in the works?

That is an excellent question. This was a big IRE priority for a while, and it's fallen to the wayside on an overall corporate level. That said, there wasn't a whole lot left to complete on the new intro, so you're likely to see some form of it one day. Any further and I run the risk of putting words in Razmael's mouth (which would interfere with the coding-crucial ball gag)
    [---]
    Riluo
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Keep the thread clear for Q&A, folks.

• Are you done with Twitter? I liked having something to tweet about. Chirp Chirp. 
    Angwe
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Will the races that have lost their homes ever get new spots built for them? I miss cooking them :(
    HavenIshin
  • Jensen said:

Will the races that have lost their homes ever get new spots built for them? I miss cooking them :(

I can answer this one! Often something like that requires a good hook for an event or area. Right now the races that have a large displaced population are trolls, orcs, ogres, tsol'aa, and, to a much lesser extent due to Mournhold, the kelki. I have a personal project in mind that might resolve a couple of those but, as is usual with this sort of thing, there is only so much I can say due to requiring approval from the big guys and the dreaded soon(tm).
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Not so worried about trolls, while some are displaced there are still tons of communities of them. I have a hard/impossible time finding tsol'aa, grook, and horkval though
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro

Are you done with Twitter? I liked having something to tweet about. Chirp Chirp. 

We're not done with Twitter, we've just been focusing pretty hard on some rather large project(s). During the coming week, we'll be giving away some rather nice prizes to contest participants, so keep your eyes open for any announcements and updates to things going on in the game.

TragerDristinAlissandra
  • Aetolia The Live Action Movie starring Razmael coming in 2015. Confirm/Deny?
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Pan's Labyrinth?

...I might be mixing up my forum threads....
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    New uses (raceskills) for haven points any time soon?

Used Points: 145 Remaining Points: 29
    MoireanFaerahZsadist
  • edited December 2014
    Not quite sure what you would spend your 29 points on Arbre..... if anything new DID come out. However, I like her question.

Used Points: 43 Remaining Points: 231

Edit: Arbre yelled at me for misgendered comment. :( Sorries!!
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Zsadist said:

However, I like his question.

He is a she.
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Arbre said:

Zsadist said:

However, I like his question.

He is a interwebs-she.
    We all know there are no girls in Aetolia.

Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Jensen
  • Here's a legitimate question for you to debunk Oleis:

When it comes to the IDEA system... when an Idea is deleted, is it deleted because its been implemented or is it deleted because there is no plans on implementing submitted Idea? I only ask because I have had Ideas submitted and then deleted but no change seen in regards to the Ideas submitted.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I can sort of answer this one, sometimes they're merged with other ideas, or the idea already exists so it's just pruned to keep the list shorter. But it's definitely no promise it will be implemented. Obviously if someone is going thru the list and they see things that they know just won't fly, they might also delete those.
    Dristin