Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    I would love me the [face] out of a Daru endgame race.

Ohpleasepleaseplease.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    YuukiLadranaAlistaireXiuhcoatl
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Give BL liches!

You keep your grubby mitts off of my Azudim.
    AldricYuukiLadranaXiuhcoatl
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Bump the minimum bounty price to something like 20,000 or even more. Bounties are really just pocket change these days. Collecting someone's head should actually bring in some money.
    LadranaXiuhcoatl
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Eh, I disagree with that. Bounties are a way for cities to have someone killed for raiding if they managed to escape. Don't up the cost so it actually becomes a financial burden on a city, paying out hundreds of thousands of gold a year.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

LunaNola
  • edited December 2012
    Parasols as craftable/wieldable items. Possibly with the mechanical effect of blocking sun damage for consanguine when wielded, if you must have a justifiable/game-mechanics based reason for them, but I'd just want one for Camille to carry around and emote with.

If these do exist, I've never seen or heard of them.
    My avatar is not representative of how I or my character look.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Remember back in the day when we used to advertise? We should start doing that again. The novice score in topguilds is looking goddamn pathetic. Hansel and Gretel must be fighting each other tooth and nail over newbies.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    LadranaAarbrok
  • You mean we don't anymore? I came here a long time ago, from the VGCats ad. I think that was in 2006 or so....coincidentally, about the same time that webcomic last updated.
  • Kiyotan said:
    Remember back in the day when we used to advertise? We should start doing that again. The novice score in topguilds is looking goddamn pathetic. Hansel and Gretel must be fighting each other tooth and nail over newbies.
    Advertising was the reason I found Aetolia in the first place. :3
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited December 2012

On second thought, I'll be nice. My only comment would be if we're going to advertise, let's advertise at places that we get good, mature, responsible characters as opposed to those who come here just 'for the lols' so to speak. I'd rather get 3 credible characters who contribute to the game than 10 trolls.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

AldricKerrynLiancaNolaOrisaeAxaiHaven
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Camille said:
    Parasols as craftable/wieldable items. Possibly with the mechanical effect of blocking sun damage for consanguine when wielded, if you must have a justifiable/game-mechanics based reason for them, but I'd just want one for Camille to carry around and emote with.

If these do exist, I've never seen or heard of them.
    Parasols are already a thing in crafting. You can see all the designs available by hitting up the crafting offices and looking at the WARES.

Zun
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Knife girl.
    OrisaeAldricLinAngweInfin
  • IT'S TRUE

OH SWEET MERCIFUL BABY JEEBUS
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Maybe it would be possible to have the MINIPET ROAM work in the homes of people on either your friends or allies list? It's frustrating that my character's pets aren't allowed to roam around his parent's house...
    HavenDaingean
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Lycan sub race...that is all. Please please please, it makes rough times in the guild with multiclass if we cant have lycan RP because of being in another class.  Just the ability to mutate if we could.
    AlistaireAxaiArbreAmaraLunaRaecheSeir
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    If that goes in, could we do the same thing with the earthen race, for people with the skill in earth?
    HavenInfin
  • And a Sneaky sub-race, for us Syssin!!
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    She is a Dexterous Sneaky and is...
  • edited December 2012
    ..dexterously sneaky, duh!

A tenacious tough yells, "There's an intruder! Damn Sneaky, don't let her escape!"
  • Going to bring back the whole letting us hide an item from showing in our description idea. Rage at having to scroll back to read somebody's description.

Previous idea involved adding a skill to survival to hide clothes, and one in vision to bypass people hiding this stuff if there's any fear of this aiding combat.

I don't personally care how it's done, I just would love to be able to hide my ring of flood, parting ring, resistance rings, umbral medallion, ylem goggles, etc etc from cluttering up stuff.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    KerrynZunDaskalosKonnornArbreAngwe
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I've seen this commented on several times in the past and I seriously have got to know now... what combat advantage is there in hiding your gear?  /:)
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    DaskalosZun
  • Haven said:
    I've seen this commented on several times in the past and I seriously have got to know now... what combat advantage is there in hiding your gear?  /:)

I've heard it in the past too, which is why I just said screw it and threw that bit in as a solution if there for whatever reason is some type of combat-oriented benefit. If there is one, I have no idea what it would be.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Had a discussion with some peeps the other day and while I don't think it's a big deal can we split city log information down further into respective Ministry logs to cut down on the spam?

Example of what I mean:

readlog Security 0 1

2012/12/10 12:43:16 -  An Eleusian ranger in the city loyal to you has been slain by Daskalos.
    2012/12/10 12:45:29-   An Eleusian ranger in the city loyal to you has been slain by Aren.
    2012/12/10 12:47:46 -  An Eleusian ranger in the city loyal to you has been slain by Saybre.
    2012/12/10 12:52:09 -  An Eleusian ranger in the city loyal to you has been slain by Kerryn.
    2012/12/10 15:30:07 -  A Morgun Forest RangerScout loyal to you has been slain by Nola.

readlog Duiran 0 1

2012/12/10 04:09:53 - Kiyotan donated 39200 gold.
    2012/12/10 04:12:48 - Credits: -45. Transfer to Kiyotan. Reason: Deposited for 45.
    2012/12/10 12:10:38 - Aldric > A reminder that Mazzion's citizenship screening begins this month.
    2012/12/10 17:43:16 - Ellenia has chosen to start her journey in Duiran.
    2012/12/10 22:30:07 - Illidan cityfavoured Arbre for: doing a good job in the counterRaid effort. All them quarters! Left to be favored Xavin - Akimoto - Elwyn - Brynn - Aisling - Tyrak

readlog Trade 0 1

Stuff from the revlog would go here I guess.

readlog War 0 1

2012/12/10 15:30:07 - The Morgun Forest, an area under your sovereignty, has been invaded!
    2012/12/10 20:15:00 - Xavin has constructed a Defense Tower [Lightning].
    2012/12/10 20:30:16 - Tyrak has constructed a Defense Tower [Poison].
    2012/12/10 20:42:42 - A Defense Tower [Lightning] loyal to your city has been destroyed by Saybre.
    2012/12/10 22:19:52 - The Morgun Forest has been reclaimed for the glory of Duiran.

etc
    havenbanner2
    XavinArbreOrisaeKiyotanInfin
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Those are hilarious logs.

OrisaeHavenIosyneArbreKiyotanAldric
  • I'm not sure how 'small' of an idea this is, and it may catch some flack just for the game I'm going to compare it to, but..

I think it'd be really sweet if we could get an arena mode that's similar to Call of Duty's Domination mode.

For those that haven't played:

It's essentially like a king of the hill game, but with three different spots that need to be captured. 

How an Aetolian version would work:
    - Players would be split into teams. This would work really, really well with the larger groups encountered like in the brawls lately.
    - There would be three different rooms in the arena that would be capture points.
    - Killing an enemy in a capture point would reward your team with bonus points, whether your team owns that point or not.
    - Capturing a point would be done by having a larger number of people on your team than the number on the enemy team at the present capture location.
    - The team attempting to capture the location must both outnumber any (if at all) enemy teams currently there, and remain in that room for 45 seconds to capture it. Successfully capturing a room grants bonus points.
    - The more capture points your team holds, obviously the more points you'll get as you would gain x points per second you hold a location. This would discourage the whole, "we're going to take our big-ass group and gank you" mentality, as doing such would cause you to leave two other points unguarded.

I feel as if this would take some strategy, while also deterring some of the cheaper methods that can be seen in some of the games people complain about now. 

FeichinDemarcus
    A percussive talent, to go with luthier and ventier! 

Bangier:
    Drum (kettle, bodhran, talking drum, etc)
    Cymbal
    Tambourine
    drum stick
    bell
    singing bowl/chakra
    chime
    marimba/xylophone
    dulcimer/piano?
    OrisaeAmaraKiyotanLianca
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    I think we all know Kiyo would be the bangiest bangier.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Axai
    Can we give more powers to secretaries and Heralds but limited with a little buff to GM/CL as well so the onus isn't entirely on one person? An example of what I mean:

Guild Master / City Leader upgrade: Give them the ability to slide people through guild/city ranks however they please in addition to unlimited favors. They are the supreme authority after all and if they do abuse their power, all it takes is for the people to appoint a new 'trustworthy' leader to fix things. The reason for both abilities is sometimes you just want to slide a person a rank and other times you just want to reward them with a favor regardless of whether it'll push them over the edge or not.

Secretary / Herald upgrade: Increase the amount of favors they can hand out per day. 3-5 should work. I'm leaning towards three but the favors be nonstackable. Also, allow these group of people to handle a limited amount of credits per year. Somewhere around 30 per person OR a collective pool of 100 for the group altogether or even a small percentage of the total.

Everyone else would remain as they are now.
    havenbanner2
    KiyotanRaecheInfin
    Alternatively, allow Gm/CL to create a stipend. GUILD STIPEND CREDITS 55 which would give a pool of finances for secretaries/council members to work with. 
    LinHavenInfin
    Areka said:
    Alternatively, allow Gm/CL to create a stipend. GUILD STIPEND CREDITS 55 which would give a pool of finances for secretaries/council members to work with. 
    I thought about this while writing my post and ultimately left it out because I think it's better that the GM/CL not have complete control of the credits. If the GM/CL is worried about abuse from their right hands, well... I suppose probation blocking said powers would be okay.
    havenbanner2