Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Maybe make it an individual thing? As in, you offer x amount of essence, you and only you receive a blessing for x days. That'd remove the onus from the Divine themselves, and change it from an Org-based thing, so neither side has an advantage. Gods could set permissions on it, too, baring certain organization's members from receiving blessings, or only allowing those who've earned Their favor.
    TeaniIshin
  • That removes the ability for the divine to reward orgs with blessings, though, and that's not really a good thing. Keep in mind that players currently do have a way to get a blessing, though it only lasts for 24 hours and can only be used once per in game year.

No, it's not the same as having a god who is active and blessing, but it is something.
    ErzsebetInfin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Again, maybe just add in an option for players to go to the God's NPC priest. If they've offered a certain threshold of essence, they get a dialogue option to get a blessing and their running "blessing essence total" with that god is deducted whatever amount.
    IshinInfin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Yes fix the blessings please :(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Alissandra
  • Is it possible to make the spectral essences received from Bloodwood tradeable?
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Erzsebet
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Are quests updated or replaced with revamps or removals of older areas? It seems like the more of them I try, the more I find not working.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

IshinIanea
  • edited December 2014
    Trager said:

Are quests updated or replaced with revamps or removals of older areas? It seems like the more of them I try, the more I find not working.

We get them the best we can. If you start bugging them specifically, though, we can get them fixed. Make sure to give details and what NPC it is, etc.
    Trager
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Most of them aren't abandoned. It's just incredibly difficult to tell at a glance which quests are affected with area changes. That part of the code is shared across games so no hope of big changes. 

When you encounter problems, please bug it with as many details as humanly possible or start a forum thread. 
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    DristinTrager
  • I've been taking a look at quests recently as well, but sometimes it's hard to know if you just don't know the 'magic words' or if the quest is broken. Should we just bug in this instance when you get stonewalled like that and can't figure anything out, and aren't sure?
    Ianea
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    From the top of my head I think the most urgent one would be Oorangu, who is sitting unresponsive in the Sentaari guildhall after the Ulangi event. He's connected to the indyuk warrior quest, making it impossible to complete that and get into the Ice Caverns. I could bug it for you as well, if you like @Oleis, when I log back in.

Ishin
  • Teani said:

From the top of my head I think the most urgent one would be Oorangu, who is sitting unresponsive in the Sentaari guildhall after the Ulangi event. He's connected to the indyuk warrior quest, making it impossible to complete that and get into the Ice Caverns. I could bug it for you as well, if you like @Oleis, when I log back in.

Go ahead and bug that one. And in general, just bug the instance when you get stonewalled like @Mael was saying above your question. A bug on something is better than no bug. :)
    Teani
  • This might be a super weird request, but is there a way we could target our angels for emotes/says? It may just be me... But I sometimes RP with myself for kicks and Lucie interacting with her angel is often part of it.
    Jensen
  • If it is something that shows up on IH, you should be able to do @angel in your emote to target it I believe!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Lucie
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It's not just you. I RP with myself often, though usually it involves Areka standing in front of a mirror entertaining herself with a gun show.

(OK not really that only happens SOMETIMES not the norm, really!)
    Lucie
  • Aldric said:

If it is something that shows up on IH, you should be able to do @angel in your emote to target it I believe!

ih
    You can see the following 5 objects:
    "sigil91196" a cube sigil.
    "monolith sigil222490" a monolith sigil.
    "monolith sigil222559" a monolith sigil.
    "templar158283" a steadfast Templar.
    "angel182584" a guardian angel.

emote smile @angel.
    I see no angel here.

smile angel
    Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

For some reason, I cannot target her!
    Areka said:

It's not just you. I RP with myself often, though usually it involves Areka standing in front of a mirror entertaining herself with a gun show.

(OK not really that only happens SOMETIMES not the norm, really!)

Oh, well I am glad it isn't just me then!! Not... The gun show thing, of course. Lucie's a slight little thing. More just chatting out loud and directing it at her angel to make it seem less crazy persony.
    ArekaIshin
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Any news on Ciem?
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• I'd be interested in something like lock actions being added to things like shoplogs. Is this a possibility?

Moirean
    I know it's most likely because I'm on mudbot, but could the CONFIG XTERM please be made to stay as set without switching on at random or every login? @Oleis @Razmael‌
    I've had to turn it off three times in a very short time because it has randomly decided to turn the config on and make my mapper completely useless. Even in the middle of pathing.

Aishia
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yeah I feel like it's randomly turning on for me too?
    Kerryn
  • edited December 2014
    I know this has been brought up before, with mixed responses from the admin, and sometimes you guys do totally do stuff for us you don't have to and already have once for this exact problem, but I'mma make a suggestion because I'm still a picky unicorn and am hoping that maybe it just might happen:

Can ylem amulets be given their very own wear location? Amberlea has an amulet that she wears all the time and I've been totally fine just having two ylem amulets while others wear three because I do have a few artifacts so I made it work. Now someone has given her a necklace, and absolutely she is going to wear it because yay arpeez. BUT I don't want to lose out on the benefits of another ylem amulet! I don't like the idea of constantly taking one thing off and putting another on every time I decide to go off and do another thing :( and then that means she's not actually wearing the thing all the time, which is what she would be doing.

I feel like giving them their own, unique wear spot would be a great solution, but I don't know how feasible that is. Maybe give them multiple wear locations and code in some other way to keep people from wearing more than three? It's just a situation of RP vs Mechanics and it's got me feeling kind of grumbly. <3<3<3<3

Edit: OH OH OH OR!!!!! Make the ylem amulet powers so you can put them on things kind of like how we use scrollracks for enchanting? I'm not sure how you could keep people to just 3, maybe just have a check when they put it on and have the item fall off them or something. Would be super cool :)
    Rawr
    AngweFaerahTragerMoireanLucie
    Teani said:

I know it's most likely because I'm on mudbot, but could the CONFIG XTERM please be made to stay as set without switching on at random or every login? @Oleis @Razmael‌
    I've had to turn it off three times in a very short time because it has randomly decided to turn the config on and make my mapper completely useless. Even in the middle of pathing.

Unfortunately, that negotiation happens within Rapture itself, so we don't have much control. It shouldn't be turning itself on after you've configured it off. I'll see if there's anything on our end that might be causing that and then ask around to the other games.

The ideal situation is for Mudbot to answer the negotiation and say that it doesn't support xterm, but I know there's nobody with mapper src right now.
    [---]
    If it was just staying off when I've turned it off, that would be fine. I have it set to turn off on login. However, yesterday it glitched a lot. Thanks for checking it at least, @Oleis! :)

• Teani said:

If it was just staying off when I've turned it off, that would be fine. I have it set to turn off on login. However, yesterday it glitched a lot. Thanks for checking it at least, @Oleis! :)

It's been glitching since it was put in.. I finally got bored and mainly use path find now as it turns on way too many times
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    edited December 2014
    Actually, I think I know exactly what is happening. I'll ask our Rapture guys to see if I'm right and we might be able to work on a fix from there. 

EDIT: Yeah, I'll have a fix in tonight.
    [---]
    IshinTeaniDristinRazmael
  • So with these new super awesome and fancy colors, you know what'd be really neat? Colored illusions!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanAishiaHaven
  • Or the colours not breaking. That'd be great, too. >.> I keep not responding to HT because I'm expecting it to be purple, but ONLY my tells and the first parenthesis of everyone elses tells are the right colour, the rest of everyone elses is white which just blends into background noise, mostly.
    imageimage
    Erzsebet said:

Or the colours not breaking. That'd be great, too. >.> I keep not responding to HT because I'm expecting it to be purple, but ONLY my tells and the first parenthesis of everyone elses tells are the right colour, the rest of everyone elses is white which just blends into background noise, mostly.

It's a bug with the implementation of MXP. We've been asking for fixes since the Rapture update. Players using MXP won't experience it.
    [---]
  • Stupid question then: How do you use MXP?
    imageimage
    CONFIG MXP ON. Basically, its purpose here is to turn the name of your Organization into a link that you can click for more information.
    [---]
  • edited December 2014
    Could clan probation give us the option to block posts OR chat OR both? I would like to be able to hide boards without limiting the ability to chat. (Alternatively, could GTS come with a board?)
    Ishin