Cryptic Chests promotion (July promotion)

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    That's different, though - you can do stuff while the rite and vibe is up, hence me going hmm, wait, there's no command to turn it off, so it must not be that.
  • Yeah, the templar/luminary focus is much better than stand firm. Stand firm is simply mass with extra restrictions.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Wha... really? I don't remember Infernal stand firm being any different from Luminary Resolute. I used to wear that skill out against other Knights and Sents to stop barge and that drag thingy. I dunno. Could be remembering wrong. Suppose it doesn't matter since they're all but gone now.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Ishin
  • Ab chivalry sturdiness

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Apparently grounding vibration allows use of transportation artifacts, too, which is interesting.

• Thirdblink doesn't give a defense line? Or is the command to give you the defense different?
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited July 2014
    I still do not understand the reptile eye relic. I used the thirdblink emote command thinking it would stop blurry vision once. Yet it has not stopped it in over 20 hits in a 30 min period? Is it broken or is there a separate command or what.

example:

H:5434 M:5066 E:25230 W:23385 B:100% Mad:0% XP:73% [csdb eb]
    The membrane that protects your eyes flickers over the surface as you blink, slowly
    retracting as you open your outer eyelid.
    H:5434 M:5066 E:25230 W:23400 B:100% Mad:0% XP:73% [csdb eb]
    Mastema's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    With your head unguarded, Mastema repeatedly smashes a blackened warhammer into it, staggering you and leaving you battered and bloody.
    Your head has taken 7.49% damage.
    You jerk your body to the side, lessening the blow.
    Mastema winces in pain as a few of your quills prick him.
    Health Lost: 987, blunt.
    --->You are afflicted with blurry_vision. <----
    Knifing pain rips through your being as Mastema's weapon hungrily devours part of your soul.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• I'm also confused. :(
    I mean, you know, an amount.

Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    It is kind of dumb as it appears to not do anything? I spent a long time today trying to make sense of it and whether or not it is bugged.

Perhaps a @admin @Oleis or @Razmael might know?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Just as a general note, HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS is updated with these promotions since they are the most recent. Hope this makes it easier to reference!
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    You know something that is sort of a problem is like, disparate syntax's for random stuff like PROMO TRADEDIN, TRADEIN, RELIC, etc. fact that some things are sorted into categories that you can like, SEE a list of what you have in your inv and others are just randomxxx
  • edited December 2014
    Aishia said:

You know something that is sort of a problem is like, disparate syntax's for random stuff like PROMO TRADEDIN, TRADEIN, RELIC, etc. fact that some things are sorted into categories that you can like, SEE a list of what you have in your inv and others are just randomxxx

I updated a few paragraphs to state this:

If you ever decide you do not wish to keep these items, you can trade in several or sell them to other players. Artifacts and bound credits cannot be sold to other players.

Artifacts may be traded in by ARTIFACT # TRADEIN (see HELP ARTIFACT TRADEINS for details). A handful of items from HELP GIFTBAG can be traded in using PROMO TRADEIN # (see HELP GIFTBAGS for details). Relics can be re-rolled or traded in - RELIC REROLL # or RELIC TRADEIN # (see HELP RELICS for details).

Hopefully that'll help.
    I wish there was an easier way to view what all you have, how to trade them in and to see what they need to be combined with.
  • Moirean said:

I wish there was an easier way to view what all you have, how to trade them in and to see what they need to be combined with.

I'm sure it can be looked into with if you haven't idea'd it yet.
    I have.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yeah that's kinda more what I was driving at
  • I'll see if I can find it!
    Idea #3884 Section: unassigned Support: 0
    2014/05/18 05:40:21: It would be really cool if PROBE used on set pieces listed what other items are needed to make the set, instead of us having to check HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS

That's one of them. I think I submitted a few other related ideas and put stuff on forums.

Maybe make it like the currency command (I was envisioning chest pieces included when I suggested it) where you can see what pieces you are holding at a glance. I think there's already some syntax to see combine info but only for relics.
    When are the new items coming out btw?
    Alissandra
  • Moirean said:

Idea #3884 Section: unassigned Support: 0
    2014/05/18 05:40:21: It would be really cool if PROBE used on set pieces listed what other items are needed to make the set, instead of us having to check HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS

That's one of them. I think I submitted a few other related ideas and put stuff on forums.

Maybe make it like the currency command (I was envisioning chest pieces included when I suggested it) where you can see what pieces you are holding at a glance. I think there's already some syntax to see combine info but only for relics.
    I'm bringing up a currency type list as the idea. But, with the chest items as of right now, you can use the RELIC commands to see what all is needed to make a set with those. So, don't think it'll include the rest of that for right now. For the others in that file, they are currently retired so it's mostly there for reference.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    regarding currency list (hijackiiing) - could the essences from Bloodwood be added to it?
  • Areka said:

regarding currency list (hijackiiing) - could the essences from Bloodwood be added to it?

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE. I'm sure it can be looked into, so just throw us an idea.
    edited December 2014
    I asked about the bloodwood essence. They said they were quest items so no. Edit: or not. I guess it was just me or something.

I'm confused why an idea ig is needed. I submitted that one a long time ago but I can't logon and make a new one now but the idea thread and forums have a precedent of being mined for ideas.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    An idea IG's probably so that there's a chain of custody/record that they don't have to switch mediums to check (and find the right page) and others can more easily peep in on, modify, or learn from.
  • edited December 2014
    What Areka said. While the admin will garner ideas from the forums, it's much better to have a copy in the physical system when we can.

Edit: As far as if it was said no to before, I don't know yet. I'll still bring it up. They may say no, but we still appreciate the feedback from the playerbase.
    Trager
  • Are venom rags still available in the cryptic chests?

I only ask because they still show up in HELP CRYPTIC CHESTS and I heard a rumor they were discontinued from being able to be bought with Iron Coins and were discontinued from being received via Cryptics.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• Moirean said:
    This. So bad. I have obsessively been checking the news, get excited to see announce posts, then get really depressed when it is not new cryptic chest items. 

Must... Cryptic.... Chest.... eyetwinge
    AishiaRiluo
    Moirean said:

Alissandra
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Moirean said:

Moirean said:

• Twenty credits on the 15th

Politics