MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• Walking up in your coworkers, one of which being the closest person to you that you have been unconditionally trusting..

And they are talking unicorns about you. Serious unicorns. And you just stand there, unable to move, horrified and.. Hurt.

When you walk around the corner, and they see you, knowing you heard it all, they don't look the least bit guilty - no, in fact.. They look proud, and smirk.

I've been facing severe bouts of depression all week over some big, overarching issues in my life. Irrational has become an understatement. But I feel so stressed and upset that I'm on the verge of being physically sick.. I can't sleep anymore. I just drive around for hours. Anything to not be laying down in my bed staring at the ceiling and drowning in that emptiness.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    There will always be jerks like that, Nola. Sorry you had to endure that. It's never easy. :(

HavenSetneIshinEmelle
  • tl;dr /hug @Nola /soothe

It's alright. They mean nothing to you, obviously, as you are either a threat they have to bring down to feel comfortable, or something so unique they're afraid.

I'm the worst councilor ever, but it's how I live with myself. :\

---

People wonder why I'm quiet at work.

I tell them to get back to work. I'm a fakin professional, and here to work. I want a paycheck. I want a value beyond what I'm currently fixed to perform for the employer currently. I'm not here to gab.

The truth is that I hate @Nola 's situation, because that kind of school-ground pettiness is just as destructive as an adult as it was back when. You don't get anywhere at a job by bringing down other employees. You don't get anywhere in life by bringing down your friends. You don't get anywhere as a person by not allowing yourself to grow beyond looking at the people around you.

So, accept that there are bad apples in the world, prepare for the disappointment in advance, and figure out how to move on and do differently in the future.

I don't know why I just shared all that, beyond that the story strikes too many personal cords to count.
    I mean, you know, an amount.

EmelleHaven
  • I missed 3 weeks and a day of work. I got the first dr's bill today, I'm sure. It's labeled from the hospital where my dr's office is. I don't dare open it yet.

I've got three more coming, three more from Concentra, my health insurance id card is STILL nowhere to be found after haranguing them to get one (and I wasn't able to show it to dr's office to have them submit to insurer directly first) and I STILL have to get a wellness screening and proof of non-smoker to get the $500 tobacco surcharge and $600 wellness surcharge off next year's insurance. HNNNGGGG, I still need a flu shot so I don't get pneumonia again.

Every time I get a dr's bill, they wind up sending it several times, even with proof sent to them I already paid. I got one of the nurses to give me the # for financial services in case it happens this time too. I'm going to call and blast them if it does.

I was supposed to get a new car (to me) this year after driving my poor Honda for 12 years. Now it's going into dr's bills. The poor thing needs paint on the room, attention for the rust, and winterizing. I have snow tires still on it, but what is winterizing? How do I find a place to do it?
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    My grandpa's heart has been slowly failing him over the past year and a half, and today he hasn't woken up. The rest of my family is there, and I'm a thousand miles away.

I'm so upset that I didn't get the chance to say goodbye and it's about to be too late.
    Sibatti said:

My grandpa's heart has been slowly failing him over the past year and a half, and today he hasn't woken up. The rest of my family is there, and I'm a thousand miles away.

I'm so upset that I didn't get the chance to say goodbye and it's about to be too late.

That really sucks. But I'm sure he knows you love him. Chin up, Sib.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Gwenith
  • Exactly what Ishin said. It's an unspoken thing, that is self-evident.
    Sometimes it's also better to remember a person for who they were (normally, throughout life), rather than have the last memories be of them at their weakest.

GwenithIshinKonnornTeaniVolkaNolaKaleigh
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    This is why I don't have pictures of my motherr at my wedding. She wouldn't let us take phottos with her in them, because she was already sick and in a wheel chair, which to her was worse than her having lost her hair. I have pictures of her from years ago, when she was in good health, and that's how she wanted us to remember herr. Ferrik's kinda right. no matter how much you focus on the person that they were when they were strong, that memory of them...man it creeps up on you, and it tints everything, for a long time. 

But regardless of that, I'm sorry you're away from your family right now.  
    Ishin
  • I get the feeling that my cat, the first cat I've ever had, and my best friend through some of my worst moments growing up, isn't coming home after she slipped out the door the day before yesterday.

No amount of calling, and searching between me, my mother, and my grandmother has amounted to anything. No sign, or even a rustle.

I'll probably still open the door every day to call her.
  • Oh no :( I hope you find her, @Nola‌.
    TeaniGwenithEmelleNola
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I really just don't feel like playing here anymore. General game problems, lack of worthwhile direction/goals, MIA divine, and overall player attitudes and drama has just really worn me down. Hopefully I'll bounce back and be my chipper/dark self here, but until then I'm mostly just keeping my positions going. It's a drag.
    IshinFaerahAldricAlissandra
  • @Jensen : Come play with meeeeeeee.

Politics
    JensenHaven
  • Driving in Portland.

That is all.

And parking.

That is all for real.
    AryanneMephistoles
  • Workshop Supervisor : so here is the weld we welded for you to test today.
    Sly: okay! -sticks thumb straight on it to see if it's clean- UNIFUKINGCORNS!!!!!
    Welder: I didn't think it was going to pass so I just finished rewelding that

Holy god blister on pad of thumb hurts.

Politics
  • This is what I live with, from mid October to mid December -at least-. Sometimes it lasts all the way to March. With a Little luck, we will be getting snow at some Point. At least that lights things up a bit.

The left Picture is in color and the right one is black and White, if you couldn't tell yourselves.

Gwenith said:

Workshop Supervisor : so here is the weld we welded for you to test today.
    Sly: okay! -sticks thumb straight on it to see if it's clean- UNIFUKINGCORNS!!!!!

Pure genius lol. Always proximity check something like that first xD
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Haven
  • Ishin said:

Gwenith said:

Workshop Supervisor : so here is the weld we welded for you to test today.

Pure genius lol. Always proximity check something like that first xD
    Lick it. No fear!

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Welding was one of my favorite workshop classes in highschool.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Ishin
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited November 2014
    Apathy in the vampire rp of the game. I mean I know riluo's rp is harsh and just plain mean but seriously why be a vampire if you do not try to act like one.

An example is the last 5 days I have been trying to get people to create some fun rp/pk. I tried being nice, rude, yelling, even begging, but at the end of the day vamps in loch just want to sit on their hands.

It just frustrates to me that the overall narrative of this aspect of the game is dead (pun).

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

AldricAryanne
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I have a cold/sinus/nfi thing. I have been coughing so much and so hard that I burst a blood vessel in my eye. I look like one the the hydra agents after their kill switch has been flipped. :(
  • edited November 2014
    I know this thread is supposed to be about out of game rage, and I probably shouldn't even respond to @Riluo, but I can't help myself this time.

I don't play any vampire characters, but I have a feeling the sentiment can be said for any section of the game. And the problem I have with such statements is that your way of playing a character should not be the way you believe everyone else should act, or even close to it. Every character has had different events and problems and tribulations that led them to where they are, and for you to be upset that they do not act like the archetype you have in mind is pretty silly. So what if they don't act like what you believe they should? Just my thoughts. 

Edit: You edited in some more stuff while I was writing, meh. 

On an unrelated note, I don't like having random shifts every week. I understand. It's a bit crazy sometimes but at least let me know ahead of time. 
    ErzsebetRiluo
  • Not wanting to make random pk on lighters 'just 'cuz' is a legitimate IC stance to take, too. It doesn't necessarily imply stagnation and apathy, it just means that some of us don't take any enjoyment at all in PK and choose instead to express our vampire superiority complexes in a different way. It's a different way of playing, not worse, not better, just different.

My rage is that this sort of 'you have to want to PK or you fail/are a coward/whatever else' mindset, really makes me just want to quit, when I encounter it in people.

Also rage because my spleen feels like it's being pulled out through my spine, and I'm home alone till Sunday so taking meds for the pain is probably not a good idea. Last time I took vicodin while I was home alone, I became super ridiculously paranoid. I didn't eat or sleep for three days because I was terrified of the kitchen, the curtain in the hallway, doors of all kinds, the bathroom sink, the shower curtain, the washer/dryer, and open spaces in general. I was fine while I was focused on Aetolia, but like, between the bathroom and such, I was carrying swords around with me and slamming doors and just generally freaking out. Urrf. I wish advil was doing anything.
    imageimage
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Let's remember why Ankyrean Anguish got shut down, guys. This needs to be an Aet free zone to keep the rage from becoming personal.
    TeaniAryanneSibattiEmelle
  • No you don't say that Arbre.
  • edited November 2014
    I have family pictures today. It isn't that I'm camera shy or think I'm in particularly bad shape for me or anything...

Mostly, it's that I got my hair cut last week, and I feel like the gal cut my bangs poorly-looking. The only way to fix that would be to make them shorter. And the problem is related to looking too short :(

Totally insignificant problem, but our family only does this once every 4-5 years, and THIS is the week they had to choose. I'm terrible at doing my own hair, so I'll probably end up spending, like, 40 minutes trying to get them to look decent, and ultimately hate what I did

Also, this means I have to buy makeup, cause I'm totally out of almost anything, since I never wear it.

Mephistoles
  • edited December 2014
    Immature communication and immature people in general. Energy vampires that I have to work with at school and work. I keep encouraging healthy communication and it feels like I'm not making very good progress. I feel like I have to growl to get my teams moving or communicating.

Also, I rage that moving 1200 miles away is very much like playing whack-a-mole. You whack one problem and another problem appears.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    I HATE YOU, WARLORDS OF DRAENOR.

I haven't gotten a damn thing done.
    DristinIshinTrager
    Oleis said:
    That's not a bad price, man. I'd trade the GTA5 in at Gamestop and use it to get me something else, but I'm not and never have been a GTA fan. I've also heard that The Last of Us is an interesting game, but haven't played it myself.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin