Out for a time

Sadly, my 7 year old laptop has finally decided to bite the dust. So, until I can somehow fire it back up and get all my stuff back, I'll be unable to login entirely and record lessers properly. If you have anything you need from me, just message me in game as I'll still be able to check my messages on my phone.
(Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Comments

• =( Darn laptops
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Try the uhh IRE app! It's pretty boss for checking in on the game. Don't believe it's iPhone compatible but it's definitely in the android play store.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Catty
  • That won't help with all the records and Tripwire modifications (plus all my other scripts and shit) I've made. Honestly, thats the only things I'm truly worried about. Probably about 1.5 weeks of lesser points are on my laptop that just crashed. Trying to fix it though, but we'll see how it goes.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• That's a bummer Zsadist-- do you have another laptop or computer that you can connect the hard drive to?

• If you have access to another PC, you can likely get a cheapish cable that will connect your old laptop's HDD to the other PC. I had to get one when my last PC died, and it only ran like $12.
    RiluoHaven
  • I have another laptop i can connect to. What kind of cable or equipment would i need to get my second laptop read my old HDD?? 

• edited November 2014
    You'll want a SATA to USB connector. Do you know how to pull the old HDD out of the old laptop? You'll need to do that. If you can get the old HDD out and bring it to the store with you, someone will be able to help you find what you need. At the most you should need a Phillips head screwdriver small enough to remove laptop screws and -maybe- a flat head screwdriver if you need to pry apart some laptop plastics, but you shouldn't have to do too much to get at the old HDD.

You'll also want to make sure you're on an Administrative account on the new pc, since you might have to override old security settings. I really hope your old computer is old enough that it didn't have/or you had disabled bitlocker, because that might make things more difficult @Zsadist.
  • No, i did not set up an admin acct or bit locker on my old HDD and yes, i know how to pull it out. Sadly, ive never had a laptop die on me (surprising since i keep them for 6+ years). Thanks for the help @Obyn, with any luck i should be up and running by the weekend, but we'll see. 

On the bright side, this gives me a nice little project and more technical experience to gain. Thats always a plus.

Ishin
  • No problem. Honestly, unless it was the HDD that shit the proverbial bed, you should have this easy peasy.