Entropy Curing System

Comments

• @Elyni Entropy has been acting a little derpy recently with respect to standing/prone. Like, I'll have balance, and try and run away from say... a Nazetu cutter who has me prone, and it'll just spam at me, "You must stand up before you can do that." and never stand.

I have a theory, which is that the trigger is in perl regex and has the little and dollar sign around it, so when it has the ( Locks: | Affs: 1) behind it, it doesnt count it for triggering purposes so it just says, "Lay there and take it!"

Thoughts?
  • Is there anyway I could show you a log or something so it's possible to help?
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland

@Elyni Entropy has been acting a little derpy recently with respect to standing/prone. Like, I'll have balance, and try and run away from say... a Nazetu cutter who has me prone, and it'll just spam at me, "You must stand up before you can do that." and never stand.

I have a theory, which is that the trigger is in perl regex and has the little and dollar sign around it, so when it has the ( Locks: | Affs: 1) behind it, it doesnt count it for triggering purposes so it just says, "Lay there and take it!"

Thoughts?

This probably has something to do with the new gmcp standing/prone stuff.
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    edited November 2014
    Standing is handled solely through GMCP (it has trigger lines for it, but it's mostly off GMCP, lines are just for extra verification) - I can't access Aetolia right now to see any of it, as I'm not at home for awhile.
  • Gotta just drop a line to say a bit thank you to @Elyni for:
    1. Working on this system and sharing it
    2. Taking the time to hear folks out and support it as best she can!

Elyni, you rock!

MoireanDrahkunaFaerah
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Is there a clan set up for this system? I walked Eor through his bashing problem but I wouldn't mind offering help when I can to others
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Nope. Never had the money to get one.
    I have a clan you can use, just send me a tell.
    IshinDrahkuna
    edited November 2014
    Elyni can't get on for a few days, but if people want to send me tells IG, I can induct you, and then everyone can induct each other and answer questions and etc. Or check out CLANHELP EN and ask anyone there.
    Xenia
  • CylanoCylano Phoenix, AZ
    Just wanted to drop in and thank Elyni for posting this. I've been working on things here and there in my own system, and the fact that you've put so many features into this and made it available freely is just absolutely tremendous. Thanks for being awesome!!!
  • Logging in this morning, it seems that a few things have gone awry since last night - DEF doesn't appear to be tracking any of my defences, hence DEFUP doesn't work and mindseye doesn't trigger automatically upon login - I may have spent a couple of embarrassing minutes trying to figure out why I couldn't see anything or move. I swear I haven't been mucking about in the Entropy folders. so any ideas what could have happened?
  • edited November 2014
    @Taras : As per the announce, the game's rapture engines have been updated. Things may be a little off. You can read the announce 2335 for the post. Yay new colours!

For me personally, I've found a few things that didn't work a few hours ago seem to be working now. Try logging out and in again. (My deffing didn't work but is now for example but that is for TW)

Politics
  • @Gwenith‌ - No, relogging hasn't helped. Looking at the login trigger, it stops at the very beginning without fetching class or showing pipes etc., so maybe some of the GMCP stuff isn't working? Beyond my ken, but I've tried downloading a fresh version and using that instead, with no dice. I'll keep fiddling and see if anything works.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    Looks like a lot of tripwire users are in the same boat with it not deffing up, prompt line issues and other sections of the system now broke?

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Its a color coding issue Mudbot is broken too as its not picking up the right colors. I'm sure admin are working on fixing it
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    TW might be boned unless @Zsadist can work out a fix. Outside of that, looks like we'll have to wait on @Elyni to get around to making a fix.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Zsadist
    edited November 2014
    Doublepost cause I can. It looks like it's more of a trigger thing. I just switched class and it's working fine. Try this fix:

Find the Login Resets trigger. Add this as a 4th(?) trigger:

^Your last login was from domain

Set it as perl regex. Then just log back in. It should pull everything up as normal. Just tested and it worked fine for me.

Edit: For @Elyni: These days, Syssin bash with camus by using BITE TARGET CAMUS, rather than secreting and purging and stuff. Also, would it be possible for you to add in a toggle of some sort to switch between them using garrote or camus? Some go straight str/con to maximize pve while others of us will go Agile for pvp reasons(which makes our camus stronger pve and that's how an agile Syssin bashes).
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Riluo
  • @Ishin, you're a damned genius! That seemed to fix everything.
    Ishin
    Taras said:

@Ishin, you're a damned genius! That seemed to fix everything.

Welcome man. Just seemed like part of the login triggers changed, so I added one that was on a single line and voila :)
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Riluo
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    @Ishin Nice call mate, I will let the tw users know.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

Ishin
  • Nice @Ishin. I didn't even read this thread and came to the same fix action. For all @TWusers, the domain line DOES FIX the TW issues.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Ishin
  • For those of us that are less confident about digging into our settings, here's a picture that will show you what the trigger you need to add looks like. In this case, it's on the 3rd line.

ZsadistIshin
  • Looking to download this system... how?

Politics
    Gwenith said:
    Looking to download this system... how?
    Link on the first page. Then click changelogs. Download link is right there. Little counter-intuitive but it's right there once you get to changelogs :)
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Thank you! now, does anyone else have issues manipulating the map? (Clicking on it, changing levels etc) I think there may be an invisible window blocked over it but can't tell how to check.

Politics
  • Gwenith, when you install the system, it asks you if you want to download the map or not-- if you don't download it, then you get that weird empty box.

• I downloaded it though and I can see it. It moves when I do but I can't click rooms or use any buttons on it

Politics
    I also have that weird window. I believe it may be a screen-size issue or something, but idk. @Elyni would have to comment, I'm not good with GUI stuff at all.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Couldn't say, honestly. There's virtually no reason it should be doing that, if it's all been loaded correctly. I can't really help with fixing the code either, as I've long since dumped that... My getting home's been delayed for now, so I can't finish rewriting Entropy's GUI like I was before I'd gone.
  • ElyniElyni New Zealand
    Sorry for slowness on things, for those who I promised an update for... Home now, but tired as all hell. Have the GUI finished, just need to touch up a few triggers and such. I'll have it all updated tomorrow.
    Ishin