Playing Cards

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    The border makes it look a bit more like a real card.  I love the design.  I get what you're trying to do with AETOLIA on the back, but I'm not quite certain if it works or not.

As always, beautiful, Elea.  Well, would be if it weren't Maghak.
    ZunOrisaeLinMaghakLuna
  • edited February 2013
    I like the idea of just doing people you know. And the cards look amazing, I like the border one better too. The t is hard to distinguish from the l on the back though, the font is awesome and I dunno if you want to extend the arms or not. It's still readable.

People I think are important within factions - not strictly keeping to the faction, but who I associate with that faction. 

Duiran: Sibatti, Xon, Illidan, Lin, Moirean, Wylliam, Fanico, Seir, Sintor, Mosvor, Ehlana

Spinesreach: Yusri, Keshena, Luna, Osifer, Missari, Atrapoema, Eleanor, Akaryuterra, Tyrak

Enorian: Hadoryu, Kylan, Kiyotan, Kurl, Daskalos, Gepideth, Benedicto, Lanira, Belgarion, Nola, Alexina

Bloodloch: Mazzion, Desian, Kurogane, Kadvar, Sryaen, Acino, Darliea, Lyl, Ilyon, Arbre, Erzsebet

Sure I left a lot out but that's right off my head anyway.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE

The font is a little hard to read because it's actually an ambigram! If you fancy looking like a dork and tilting your head till you can see it upside-down, you can read it that way too.

And that list has some names in it I hadn't thought about! Thanks for that.

Edhain
  • You could just make an entire deck of Kira alts. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    MastemaArbreSaritaOrisaeZunErzsebetInfinAryanne
  • Now, now. I don't have -quite- that many alts. Maybe half a deck of Kira alts. If she's only doing ones that are known and at least passingly relevant, 's only three!

More on topic, I too, really like the border one. Very nifty.
    imageimage
  • Do a double knife girl (your own version since i know you do not like using others art) behind the Aetolia.

Aldric
  • Oh god knifegirl would be -awesome-.

AldricArbre
  • Border one, definitely.

And if you're having trouble picking player characters to fit the series, you could always choose NPC's from the cities. It's something everyone can relate to. Just an idea! There are quite a few good names out there though!

Here are my suggestions (most mentioned before, others not):

Duiran: Sibatti, Brunneng, Xon, Wylliam, Fanico, Rosalind, Arbre, Serrice, Ehlana, Illidan

Spinesreach: Osifer, Missari, Atrapoema, Akaryuterra, Eleanor, Elene, Vasilius, Sryaen, Klonk, Luna

Enorian: Daskalos, Kylan, Hadoryu, Cuchulainn, Edhain, Kiyotan, Pjoll, Mirrfa, Benedicto, Nola

Bloodloch: Mazzion, Kadvar, Acino, Desian, Darliea, Lyl, Abhorash, Erzsebet, Neoma, Dourif

And I second Kiyotan's suggestions for jokers: Ferrik and Alexina
    There will be no girl with knife.

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    What about that facepalming angel statue on the background of forums?
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    I could use that, it's my art, but I don't think the backs need an actual image- the front will already be fancy enough.

• I, personally, *love* the ambigram back with the border. Can't wait to see what you come up with!
    imageimage
    Piper
    Okay! So here's an update for you guys. I've gone through and talked back and forth with people and this is pretty much the list of people I'm going to be using.

[spoiler]
    Hearts
    Ace: Duiran
    King: Haern
    Queen: Lleis
    Jack: Dhar
    Ten: Sibatti
    Nine: phendegwen
    Eight: Irruel
    Seven: Arbre
    Six: Moirean
    Five: Xon
    Four: Wylliam & Fanico
    Three: Rosalind
    Two: Brunneng

Diamonds
    Ace:a Enorian
    King: Damariel
    Queen: Auresae
    Jack: Slyphe
    Ten: Daskalos
    Nine: Cuchulainn
    Eight: Kiyotan
    Seven: Kylan
    Six: Benedicto
    Five: searoth
    Four: rivas
    Three: Hadoryu
    Two: Quanshee

Clubs
    Ace: Bloodloch
    King: Ivoln
    Queen: Iosyne
    Jack: Chakrasul
    Ten: Desian
    Nine: Neoma
    Eight: Acino
    Seven: Xavin
    Six: Borscin
    Five: Tralendar
    Four: Darliea
    Three: Xarian
    Two: Zephy

Spades
    Ace: Spinesreach
    King: Severn
    Queen: Niuri
    Jack: Maghak
    Ten: Sryaen
    Nine: Akaryuterra & Eleanor
    Eight: Vasilus
    Seven: Osifer
    Six: Elene
    Five: Villi
    Four: Klonk
    Three: Anfini
    Two: Anat

Joker 1: Ferrik/kaolla maybe
    Joker 2: Alexina/someone else not sure
    [/spoiler]

Few things to note: they're written next to numbers, but I will probably shuffle them around to see if I can't get them at least vaguely resembling the card meaning they're on (though it simply won't be possible in some cases). If you guys would like to help with this, I'll definitely take your ideas into account!

Also: Some of these people are so long gone that obviously contact is going to be difficult. So, here's what I'm going to do- if you are on this list, and you do NOT want your character's picture in the deck, please contact me. Otherwise we'll assume everyone's cool with a bit of fan-art going on. If you are in this list, I will be making it possible for you to buy a large res of your card for credits or something probably, but you are not obliged to buy it, nor the deck if you don't want.

So yeah! That's where we're up to. Sketches and things for the start of the deck to follow.

IosyneEdhain
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited February 2013
    Aaaahhhh Anfini card. <3
    I think it's funny that Xavin and Arbre are both sevens.
    Xavin
  • :D If the decks are available for purchase I'll want one.

Iosyne
  • Awr, no Orisae card. :(

I'll still buy a deck.
    As for purchases with the cards- I think the way it'll be handled is, I'll collect orders from everyone here who wants one (Paypal will be required unless your bank likes to transfer to international ones), then put in a bulk order at the place I'm eyeballing to get them printed. If there's over 100 decks requested (unlikely!) I'll be able to get a custom tuckbox made. Otherwise, they'll have a plain white tuckbox- but actually this could be a pretty cool thing, because they'll all come to me and I can hand-draw a derpchibi on them or something before mailing them out to people. Limited run first edition deck, with one-off hand-done art on it. Pretty nice I think!

XavinIosyneErzsebet
    I approve of derpchibis.
  • This is wonderful, elea. Absolutely wonderful.

• +1 wouldbuy
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Erzsebet
  • edited February 2013

I'm a 3? In Enorian?

Well, at least you guys still remember me.

And I would probably almost absolutely certainly buy a deck. It's a pretty sweet idea.

EDIT: Depending on the price, I might actually order two decks.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Ouch, Elea's decays HURT!
    LinNolaEmelle
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    ohmygodthatissocool
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    IosyneHaydynOrisaeAldricErzsebetArbreSeirZun
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    No love for me. Alas.

Nice looking cards though.
  • I want you to make a Triple Triad/Tetra Master card series with every character in Aetolia as a card.

That would be amazing.

*nostalgia*
    EdhainAarbrok
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Ezrax said:
    I want you to make a Triple Triad/Tetra Master card series with every character in Aetolia as a card.

That would be amazing.

*nostalgia*
    Credit or debit?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Yes.
  • Triple Triad was good until you found the random rule. Then there was no point playing because the npc was just going to take your good cards.

SeirAngwe