Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    On a less creepy note:

Refugee Camp: The Forgotten land, of unpaid shop taxes and constant turnover.  There is alot of unused space, alot of unused potential.

Proposal: A travelling gypsy cartel, or something of the sorts, maybe once/twice a real life year that stops in and sets up shop in the entirely neglected western side of the Camp.  Bringing special wares/mounts/foods/games even for those who come to participate for the duration of their stay that month. 

Second Thoughts:  I suppose eventually we are moving to Albedos, so maybe that would be silly to put the work into it if its just gonna go down the toilet.  

Just thought it was a neat idea, with some kind of potential for unused space, even a quest or two might be nice. 
    Axai
  • Well. Theoretically it could be FROM Albedos, somewhere? I dunno.
    imageimage
    Axai
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I think that every shop in the refugee camp that meets the qualifications for Delosian repossession should just be deleted.  Eventually, then, we'll kill off the last vestiges of Ashtan.  Well, except for Milian.
    Luna
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Milian is like a high-functioning bacteria.
    Aarbrok
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Not sure if this is a small idea or not but can our enemies be automatically enemied to us while within our 'territory'? An example of what I mean in case I wasn't clear:

Haven is enemied to the Ascendril. So while within the Ascendril guildhall, vibes/death auras/traps/whatever in the building/rooms owned by the guild will effect me regardless of whether or not I'm actually on anyone's personal enemy list in the guild.

I think this would be a nice perk for all organizations that are raided and give even more meaning to enemy statuses. While I understand there are artifacts that will expand your enemy list, they still hold their usefulness and value as the expanded list works -everywhere- as opposed to this idea which will only work within your city/guildhall/temple.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    LiancaRivasArbreEdhainDharCalipso
  • since you have to be in realm for traps, vibes, rites, etc to hit your enemy then I'm not sure how hard it is to 'enemy haven' .... as then if said rite/traps/vibes doesn't hit you then that person isn't involve in raid defenses but if my vibes was up and my vibes hit someone and I was killed for it, I'd be pretty .... off..

I know this I said this before but, can you rather DELETE Bloodborn or make the a NPC to do phials of blood, or make collect blood open to everyone, or a small 30 creds arti for it? and make a NPC for the Vamp Specialization .. as hunting down a BB is really hard and hunting down a BB who knows what he/she is doing is even harder...

Azton said:
    since you have to be in realm for traps, vibes, rites, etc to hit your enemy then I'm not sure how hard it is to 'enemy haven' .... as then if said rite/traps/vibes doesn't hit you then that person isn't involve in raid defenses but if my vibes was up and my vibes hit someone and I was killed for it, I'd be pretty .... off..

I know this I said this before but, can you rather DELETE Bloodborn or make the a NPC to do phials of blood, or make collect blood open to everyone, or a small 30 creds arti for it? and make a NPC for the Vamp Specialization .. as hunting down a BB is really hard and hunting down a BB who knows what he/she is doing is even harder...

...why would you be putting down vibes/rites/whatever within your city during a raid and not be participating in the defense of it?
    havenbanner2
    Azton said:
    since you have to be in realm for traps, vibes, rites, etc to hit your enemy then I'm not sure how hard it is to 'enemy haven' .... as then if said rite/traps/vibes doesn't hit you then that person isn't involve in raid defenses but if my vibes was up and my vibes hit someone and I was killed for it, I'd be pretty .... off..

...why would you be putting down vibes/rites/whatever within your city during a raid and not be participating in the defense of it?
    havenbanner2
  • I would miss the Aetolian landscape very much if the game was permanently moved to Albedos. I've played on and off since 2006, and there is so much for me to do here that I'd be pissed if it disappeared before I could do stuff like kill/get eaten by Yudhi. Who to this day I still haven't seen "in person"
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    NjiranErzsebet
  • Haven said:
    ..why would you be putting down vibes/rites/whatever within your city during a raid and not be participating in the defense of it?

I always set vibes when I login and make them dorment and then go into my haven/go gold hunting etc... Where else are you meant to setup vibes?  rites are different since you cant make them dorment.. but rites/vibes all have a time limit on them...

Azton said:
    Haven said:
    ..why would you be putting down vibes/rites/whatever within your city during a raid and not be participating in the defense of it?

I always set vibes when I login and make them dorment and then go into my haven/go gold hunting etc... Where else are you meant to setup vibes?  rites are different since you cant make them dorment.. but rites/vibes all have a time limit on them...
    If they're dormant then what do you have to worry about?
    havenbanner2
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Official AFK status. If a player has been idling (or entering nothing but the same command (ql) over and over) for 5 minutes or more, color their name in darker grey on CWHO, GWHO, HWHO, and WHO.
    PerilunaAngweKiyotanIllikaalCalipsoHadoryu
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I like the HWHO change, but I do feel like instead of class, it would be more useful to have "blood status" or something along those lines showing whether a person is Consanguine, Nightstalker, undead or mortal, like we see in HOUSE STATUS.
    Ezrax
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited February 2013
    Frankly, I think being able to see titles was much more useful than being able to see class, since class is only relevant to houses if you have people sneaky-hiding that they're spirit-aligned or something. Titles are useful for being able to tell at a glance if a newb has been helped or not. Before, you could do HWHO and if there was a newb with no title at all, you could instantly tell they haven't been talked to yet.

Though I -do- like the fact that it's more ordered now, by rank.
    imageimage
  • So I was thinking about this earlier today when I was doing my mind numbing job. I think, since the TOPHOUSES command is very relevant right now in the roleplay of the game, that it would make more sense(so we can actually discuss it without sounding OOC) for there to maybe be some kind of sign or board in Bloodloch and Spinesreach that you can read that shows the same information as the TOPHOUSES command.

Just has thrown me off a bit to be talking in character and be like 'Oh yeah, we totally are winning this competition with the points that we see from no actual in character interaction'.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • You mean like the HELP files? Oh wait...

Yeah - that's always thrown me off a bit, but I think if you -think- of it like having a phone or some type of device where all of this information is readily available, then it'll make it easier. Or maybe that your mind is just able to do this,  like TELLS - we can't actually talk to people like that in RL... But then this is fantasy, not RL. Some things just are and you have to go with them or completely ignore their existence. 
  • Can we maybe get like an AUDIT STATS addition to show anything that's currently increasing or decreasing your stats at the time? I've got absolutely no clue how I'm getting what I have now, and I know this isn't the first time it's happened.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • I just don't roleplay anything that seems like an OOC construct, because conjuring ridiculous excuses for why user-friendly things work is way more jarring than just accepting they're there and moving on.

Try to explain things too much, people, and we get midi-chlorians. Nobody wants midi-chlorians.
    AngweEsper
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Explaining shit like that is what makes characters/guilds/cities/factions unique from eachother. Any Endgame character bought Scent. But I bet yours has it for a different reason than mine.
    LinPiperPerilunaErzsebet
  • edited February 2013
    I guess this is more like a requested change than an idea, but..

Can Certimene -not- induct people who are over 100 in both age AND level, who don't even so much as speak to a member of the guild?
    It doesn't make sense to me to continue letting a novice NPC induct people who are clearly nowhere near novicehood into guilds that they should be speaking to members about in order to join.
    Ciarelle
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Man, I don't feel like dealing with every oldbie who wants to join the guild. Let 'em go to Certimene. He's also a good indicator of people who have joined before. I don't have records--or feel like digging through hundreds of news posts--to see if any given so-and-so has been a Sentinel before, and sometimes that matters as far as whether or not we want a person to join. If it's their first time, Certimene can take care of them, who cares what age they are? If they've quit once before, -then- they can speak with me or a sec. I don't need to be personally involved with every new join.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    RivasPhoeneciaPerilunaHavenHadoryu
    Make 'unicorns' the new IG Aetolian ultimate insult.
    IllikaalIosyneEzalorPeriluna
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Org logs should indicate when a help file is edited, and who did it.

Guild logs should indicate when a person apprentices another person.

I'm sure both of these have been suggested before.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    AngweSaritaKiyotanLunaAmaraPeriluna
  • Lin said:
    Official AFK status. If a player has been idling (or entering nothing but the same command (ql) over and over) for 5 minutes or more, color their name in darker grey on CWHO, GWHO, HWHO, and WHO.
    You know, I wouldnt have an issue with this..if I didnt know that some of the Aetolian player-base would -more- than likely hunt down anyone they see AFK who is in public. Consider Bloodloch, someone goes afk at west gate, that person gets killed for being "a security risk". Consider the oh so many trolls that harbor our wonderful game, if they see someone they generally dislike have their name in grey on WHO, they'll track them down and, knowing they are unaware, kill them silently. Sorry but this idea would cause too much drama.
    Daingean said:
    Guild logs should indicate when a person apprentices another person.
    No.  Just no.  This takes any chance of underhandedness away.
    DharMastemaLinPiperIlyonLunaErzsebet
    Surnames should be a real thing, versus just a titular suffix, so that when you use the config to disable titles, you can still see a surname. I'm cool with said surname still counting towards suffix character count, though, for obvious reasons.

Also, even though I'm sure it's not a 'small' idea, I'm going to reiterate the long-requested adoption option for bloodlines. Just a little A tag beside the name on bloodlines even. BLOODLINE <name> ADOPTED. Zero other changes to the way bloodlining currently works.
    ArbreEmelle
    edited March 2013
    I never understood the need to differentiate between an adopted child and a biological child in this game. Doesn't your character love them all the same? And if not, where's the harm in role-playing 'HELL NO THAT AIN'T MY KID. The misses made me take pity and brought 'em in. He's been living in my basement ever since."

Edit: On the off chance that it does come up, I think it's an interesting conversation piece to have about that certain time period in your char's life where you were adopting troublemakers left and right.
    havenbanner2
    Kiyotan
  • Blood matters in some plotlines though. And Aetolia is pretty preoccupied with blood.
    The reason I -personally- want it is because to me, bloodlines are BLOODlines. Even if we just -renamed- it to like, 'family lines' or 'family tree' or something, then I'd have no interest in an adoption tag - though, I wouldn't -mind- it.

I understand that bloodlines have been used for both blood and not blood relations, but I just.. can't bring myself to do it. And sure, it's possible to just rp the whole relationship, as we have been - but I'd like for people to be able to see that Dain's son is his son without having to be in the room when they interact, like they could if the kid was -really- the product of his loins meaning some other loins.