You play too much Aetolia when...

edited February 2013 in OOC Chat
One of my favorite things to read. Everything people do when they have put long hours into a game then it reflects ooc. Share your stories here!
Tsvanni

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I told my counselor that I'd stopped playing and she gave me a -LOOK-.  I had to explain that I meant I was taking a break to play Minecraft for a little.
    Colette
  • You hear a job describe their "promotions" in such a way that it reminds you of taking and passing Tier exams in the Sentaari.

Needless to say, I'll be applying for that job in March. >_>
    imageimage
    HavenKonnorn

• View CAM00110.jpg in slide show

I pass by these at work every day. 
  • Kiyotan said:

I spoke with a patient today named Pilar Rivas. All I could think of was deer-girl ginger crossbreed.

That was just Clexx trolling you irl.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • When you dream you were AFK and someone tried to rob you with RP instead of mechanics. And you felt bad for not responding. 

Yeah. I apparently dream in text now.
    HaydynSeigTsvanni
  • Meskhenet said:
    When you dream you were AFK and someone tried to rob you with RP instead of mechanics. And you felt bad for not responding. 

Yeah. I apparently dream in text now.
    We all do at some point. :P

OrisaeHaydynSeigIreaErzsebetAngwe
  • When texting or in a chat you keep wanting to use say/wt/ht/clt/gt before anything else and every now and then it slips out
    SeigLycurgus
  • edited February 2013
    Dreaming in text, Aetolia style. Has happened more than once. There was one instance, when Ashtan was still around, that I had an RP session with Indelacio and Truft. I woke up the next day and figured that it had truly happened. Was interesting getting to the bottom of that.
  • I miss Indalecio. He was awesome.

SeigValenae
  • Sorry I set up while on my phone, should be fixed now.

HavenKiyotanEzalorArbreHaydynAldricValenae
    Five of her ten likes thus far come from fixing her sig.  A++
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    You look at a document stating a person's name as "Kenesha" and do a double-take because you read it as "Keshena."
    Elie
  • When you travel to other countries and your friends introduce you as, "Isto."
    KonnornTsvanni
  • Everyone laughs at me when I even talk about quitting. Ever. I'm not even talking about the rare occasion it's in an angry I'MGOINGTOQUITRIGHTNOWBECAUSEGRAAAHRAGE sort of sense.

It's just. A fact, that some day, I will stop playing Aetolia. But no one seems to believe I will, believe I can, or believe I'm capable of doing so if I want to. And they laugh at me when I say it's possible.

:/ I'm going to be 80 years old and still playing Aetolia, apparently.
    imageimage
    ArbrePerilunaAldricHaydynTeaniElie
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I think I'll still be MUDing when I'm old, even if I'm not playing Aetolia, Achaea or any other IRE. I consider this my hobby.
    Katszia
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Angwe said:

I think I'll still be MUDing when I'm old, even if I'm not playing Aetolia, Achaea or any other IRE. I consider this my hobby.

I find it difficult to get into another mud. Aetolia has spoiled me.

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    KonnornEmelleLiancaAldricArbreTeaniEsper
    Haven said:
    SERIOUSLY. Even when I have a laundry list of things I can't stand about Aetolia at any given time, I can never find another MUD that I keep coming back to the way I do here. Whyyyyyyyy
    HavenArbreErzsebet
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Emelle said:
    Haven said:
    SERIOUSLY. Even when I have a laundry list of things I can't stand about Aetolia at any given time, I can never find another MUD that I keep coming back to the way I do here. Whyyyyyyyy
    For me, it's largely the people (Admin and regular players alike) and then the fact that Aetolia is probably the most organized/neat/user friendly of all the MUDs I've tried out there that draw me back. I've spent maybe $100 ($200 max if I count fan-art and gifts and stuff) in my entire Aetolian career so investment is not a factor for me.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    For me it's the ridiculously high RP standards. Really.
    TeaniElie
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Aetolia is also one of the prettier MUDs out there. Nothing like having an off-brand MUD vomit abhorrently clashing ascii in your face to make you think that hey maybe Aetolia wasn't so bad after all.

LinPerilunaAmaraKatszia
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    That's a very good point, and one I've been seeing a lot of now that I've been klutzing about on MUSHes and the like.

Sure, we're playing a game made of text, but we have pretty echoes. We have things arranged nicely into tables with colors that make the data eye-catching and meaningful. That's actually pretty rare.
    PerilunaAngweHaydyn
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Do not forget an alphabetized WHO and QWHO list. That is HIGHLY important and we have it.

PerilunaAngweAlistaireLiancaCiarelleHaydynKatszia
  • For me it's because Aetolia has the most mature playerbase I've found in any online game to date.
    Njiran said:
    For me it's because Aetolia has the most mature playerbase I've found in any online game to date.
    Something about this scares me.
    PerilunaCiarelleKonnornAldricArbreErzsebetTsvanni
  • The reason I keep coming back is nostalgia. :D
    DharEmellePeriluna
  • Emelle said:
    Something about this scares me.
    Me too. I just don't know if it's related to Aetolia or to the rest of the gaming community I know. ;)
    I'm having difficulty writing the story for my creative writing class in past tense.
    Iosyne
  • I've played too much Aetolia. Because I got a call from Pilar (forget if it was a service provider or another call center). And went...!? And had to stop and think about it before I gave my reply.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Pilar